Abbey Clancy In Emilio Pucci – Cosmopolitan Ultimate Women Of The Year Awards

Abbey Clancy was one of the first to arrive on the red carpet at the Cosmopolitan Ultimate Women of the Year Awards 2011 which took place at Banqueting House in London this evening.

The TV presenter/WAG donned an Emilio Pucci dress from the Fall 2011 collection.

Pre-bias aside, those roots just don’t work with this Pucci dress.

She tried to do the sexy, sophisticated thing in this long-sleeve lace-trimmed kaleidoscope print dress with a high neckline and sultry keyhole detail, but she doesn’t have the chops to pull it off.

The only thing I like here are the Christian Louboutin pumps.

Her makeup is also quite horrendous. Who puts lipstick over their natural lip line?

You can buy Abbey’s Pucci dress from
Net-A-Porter US and Net-A-Porter International

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Wore Project D Better? Crown Princess Mary of Denmark or Pippa Middleton

Who Wore Project D Better? Crown Princess Mary of Denmark or Pippa Middleton

Amber Heard In Alessandra Rich - 'The Rum Diary' London Premiere

Amber Heard In Alessandra Rich – ‘The Rum Diary’ London Premiere

29 Responses to Abbey Clancy In Emilio Pucci – Cosmopolitan Ultimate Women Of The Year Awards

1. Nat39 November 3, 2011 at 20:20 #

Agree completely here. Love the pumps, they work so well with the dress. Hair and make-up though cheapen the look big time. All I see is slutty rather than sophisticated sexy.

2. Hannah November 3, 2011 at 20:22 #

I feel like on paper this should work: her body, the dress, simple but not overtly dull shoes, hair pulled back, dramatic but not too ridiculous makeup, but in practise it really doesn’t. She just makes it look tacky, it reminds me of the british tv awards when all the soap stars go and look awful.

3. Lauren November 3, 2011 at 20:23 #

She makes it look like a Lipsy dress

• Ade November 3, 2011 at 21:47 #

I was coming in here to say the exact same thing. Pucci has a reputation of making dare I say trashy dresses to begin with, if you are already trashy don’t put it on at all.

4. Emmeline November 3, 2011 at 20:24 #

I feel there are very few people who can pull off Pucci not look trashy. And this lady is not one of them.

• Emi November 4, 2011 at 08:39 #

I agree, I’ve always liked Pucci, but the last collections are quite tacky.

5. Elisa November 3, 2011 at 20:48 #

Sorry, FC, since English isn’t my first language: what does “but she doesn’t have the chops to pull it off” mean? :-)

• Fashion Critic November 3, 2011 at 21:02 #

The je ne sais quoi, the x factor, the style, the grace

She basically doesn’t what it takes to pull this off and make it work

• Elisa November 3, 2011 at 21:04 #

Thanks! Sorry for the stupid question

• Fashion Critic November 3, 2011 at 21:11 #

no, not at all. It wasn’t stupid.

I have to remember that not everything I says translates to everyone.

6. Bethany November 3, 2011 at 20:54 #

I’m going to get crushed on this one, but I like it even though the lips are a little unnecessary (though I like the color). Her dress brings out her eyes, as does the thick lid liner. And her body is fierce.

I have no idea who this person is, so I have no bias at all. Maybe I wouldn’t like it if it was on someone that I didn’t like???

7. Mol November 3, 2011 at 20:58 #

I do like this dress as it appears on the model – sucker for this mix of greens and blues, and I love the pattern.

8. justme November 3, 2011 at 21:07 #

It takes a special kind of person to make a knee-length, long-sleeve AND high-neck dress look trashy. Even with the keyhole detail, this dress is not outrageous so seriously, wtf happened?
    The make-up is also a sloppy, heavy mess.

9. maria November 3, 2011 at 21:19 #

i love this dress.

it’s okay on her, i don’t mind it too much but i agree on hair and make up.

10. robbie November 3, 2011 at 21:24 #

didnt like the dress much on the runway but damn she truly kills the whole thing. she actually manages to make it look trashy especially with the tiny bit of lace sticking out at the top of the bust.

11. Jackie November 3, 2011 at 22:08 #

Give me those shoes!!! I am in love.

Like someone said above, on paper everything should work out but there is definitely something about this lady that isn’t quite pulling the look off…

I think maybe it’s her blonde hair plus brown roots showing that MAKES the trashiness of this look…

• Jackie November 3, 2011 at 22:11 #

Oh and the sloppiness of her lip stain also adds to the overall trashiness as well which is quite unfortunate because it would look nice if it wasn’t all over her face!

12. Marybeth November 4, 2011 at 00:57 #

I love it from the waist down.
    From the waist up it doesn’t work — graceless and close to trashy.

13. gurlygurl November 4, 2011 at 01:57 #

Everything here is very harsh but those shoes are pretty sweet

14. cara November 4, 2011 at 02:54 #

this dress makes me think of a dominatrix… and a cheap one with that makeup

15. carol November 4, 2011 at 04:27 #

For me, the only problem is the lipstick,because the dress is beautiful! The hair looks fine,the roots is so tiny.

16. Kaz November 4, 2011 at 09:10 #

This is painful. She has the most amazing raw materials – body, face, eyes – but she has yet to knock it out of the park fashion-wise. Next time Abbey!

17. Laura November 4, 2011 at 10:41 #

Who is this woman? Is she an English reality star? I actually think from the neck down is amazing but the
    Brown lips and dark eyes are horrendous. Note to red carpet donners… This makeup look never looks good on anyone, don’t even go there!

• Elaine November 4, 2011 at 12:58 #

She’s a British model (lingerie mainly) and is married to a British footballer, Peter Crouch

18. TeaAtTwo November 4, 2011 at 12:45 #

A bit random but this reminds me of victoria beckham circa early 2000s when she was trying fashion but used to make a lot styling mistakes like bad hair extensions and dodgy fake tan. Maybe in time abbey wi’ll improve.

• Fashion Critic November 4, 2011 at 13:11 #

Excellent point. The trouble with the WAGs following Victoria is that no matter how much they spend on clothes they just never have the class to pull them off

• TeaAtTwo November 4, 2011 at 17:24 #

One hopes Cricket (clothes shop) will hire you to style their clients.

19. Alina November 4, 2011 at 13:41 #

Trashy.

20. Joy November 4, 2011 at 14:48 #

As you might say “Tragique”. Great dress but obviously she isn’t the one to carry this off.