Sidewalk Style: Blake Lively’s Red Valentino Leather Coat

Blake Lively arrived at the Christian Louboutin cocktail party at Barney’s New York wearing a Valentino leather coat from the Spring 2012 collection.

I find myself preferring her red ruched leather coat over her Dolce & Gabbana dress.

She could’ve totally rocked this as a red carpet look.

A black Christian Louboutin ‘Loubis Angel’ clutch completed her look.

Which look do you prefer?

Dolce & Gabbana or Valentino?

You can buy Blake’s clutch from Browns Fashion.

Credit: Style.com & Splash News

Shop Her Closet - Midweek Updates

Shop Her Closet – Midweek Updates

In Jessica Alba's Closet - Ella Ross Arabella Faux Fur Vest

In Jessica Alba’s Closet – Ella Ross Arabella Faux Fur Vest

23 Responses to Sidewalk Style: Blake Lively’s Red Valentino Leather Coat

1. dee November 2, 2011 at 13:03 #

This is so much better. That other look was cheap and tacky looking.

2. june November 2, 2011 at 13:05 #

the proportions look a bit strange but maybe that’s the angle of the photo. regardless, i prefer this look over the dolce and gabbana by far

3. MReid November 2, 2011 at 13:08 #

She should have kept the coat on all night.

4. Lils November 2, 2011 at 13:08 #

I really like her here. No boobs and thighs on display

5. DivaDebbi (Beauty & Fashion Blog) November 2, 2011 at 13:40 #

I missed the Dolce. This coat is to die! I’d swap an organ for it.

6. denise November 2, 2011 at 13:40 #

This one is niceeee

7. Emalie November 2, 2011 at 13:56 #

Can’t stand the coat either.

Why is this a new post couldn’t the first have contained two parts? Like the one with Noomi Rapace?

• Fashion Critic November 2, 2011 at 14:12 #

because I wanted to do it this way.

• Jacqu November 2, 2011 at 21:58 #

Because Blake Lively is FC’s girl

8. Jen November 2, 2011 at 13:57 #

Holy crap, this is fugly. It looks like a red trash bag.

9. robbie November 2, 2011 at 14:00 #

now if only she would have done something with her hair.

10. Jackie November 2, 2011 at 14:03 #

I have mixed feelings about this coat but I am totally diggin the shoes and the clutch. She always does good when it comes to shoe choice!

11. Mol November 2, 2011 at 14:42 #

I like the coat on the model, less on Blake – the proportions seem changed with the bodice shorter and tighter on her, which somehow changes the feminine fluidity and lightness of it.

• maria November 2, 2011 at 16:48 #

i totally agree. it’s a beautiful coat and i loved it on Blake, until i saw the Runway pic. No comparison.

• Sharon November 2, 2011 at 18:51 #

I agree also. To my aged eyes and old computer, it looks like the model is wearing a narrow belt. That would have helped Blake’s version too.

• Jacqu November 2, 2011 at 21:59 #

Agreed. I like the coat on the model better(with the belt) and the lower waistline.

12. chocolatepluscheesee November 2, 2011 at 14:45 #

This coat looks ok at best on the model, but it just looks really hideous on her. It looks too small and the waist is up around her ribcage…

13. Tamia November 2, 2011 at 14:48 #

Her style is very 90’s tacky

14. Nadine November 2, 2011 at 15:17 #

The coat is super cool (and different for her!)

15. Jones19 November 2, 2011 at 16:11 #

I don’t like this coat at all, hideous material.

16. Terry November 2, 2011 at 18:46 #

The coat is tragic – the idea of ruffled shiny leather gives me the creeps. The point is that what she wore underneath (the Dolce & Gabbana dress) is even worse.

17. Hannah November 2, 2011 at 18:54 #

I really disliek both looks, I hate ruched leather, I think it pretty much always looks tacky, and I don’t particularly like unnaturally coloured leather either, so this is just a total miss for me. I also have major issues with her hair, since she seems to be incapable of brushing it, her makeup is ‘blah’, and she needs to get a new eyebrow person. I also really disliked her Dolce look, I was never fond of that group of dresses anyways, I think they also look a little cheap. I prefer when she picks easier, simpler pieces, because I think she pulls them off better. I also didn’t really like her shoes up-close, but far away they were, good, though I am confused as to why she didn;t wear the shoes Louboutin made for/after her? I think my biggest issue with Blake is that sh eis so gorgeous, has, since abotu 2009/10, great posture, presence and a great body, but she always ruins her looks for me, with either her hair, or accessories, or makeup or something. She could be incredible but she always looks a little pedestrain imo.

18. Carrie November 6, 2011 at 00:50 #

She’s better with the coat. I like the red color tho. But she still looks blah somehow.