Sarah Jessica Parker took to the red carpet this evening in Melbourne, Australia for the premiere of her latest movie, ‘I Don’t Know How She Does It’ following her luncheon earlier in the day. the day.

Earlier this summer SJP wore several looks by Prabal Gurung.

She started her love affair in Moscow, before moving onto London, New York and once again for Fashion’s Night Out, so it’s not a surprise to see her wearing a look from the designer’s latest Spring 2012 collection.

Her violet paint-drip woven fil coupe lame dress with an accordion pleated skirt is accented with a black waistband.

SJP complemented the waistband with Pierre Hardy ankle-strap heels and a rather scary looking Christian Louboutin ‘Marquise’ clutch.

Her spiked clutch surely grabs my attention, but I think it was a tad unnecessary as the dress speaks for itself and the clutch feels gimmicky.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Anne Hathaway In Valentino Couture - Princess Grace Foundation Annual Gala

Anne Hathaway In Valentino Couture – Princess Grace Foundation Annual Gala

In Leighton Meester's Closet - Diane von Furstenberg Mikhaila Coat & Loewe Amazona Bag

In Leighton Meester’s Closet – Diane von Furstenberg Mikhaila Coat & Loewe Amazona Bag

25 Responses to Sarah Jessica Parker In Prabal Gurung – ‘I Don’t Know How She Does It’ Melbourne Premiere

1. TeaAtTwo November 2, 2011 at 11:17 #

I love Prabal Gurung clothes.

2. Jen November 2, 2011 at 11:23 #

I really like this dress. I’m a sucker for shiny, and full skirts. And I love her wild hair to go with the bright colors. Wish she’d lost the clutch and worn the runway shoes – one of the few times I can remember thinking her shoes are boring.

3. Lils November 2, 2011 at 11:35 #

I usually don’t like purple but I have to admit that this dress is gorgeous. As for the accessories they are very nice but I second your opinion FC that the clutch is a bit too much

4. robbie November 2, 2011 at 11:43 #

the dress is gorgeous, but the clutch looks cheap.

5. Cara November 2, 2011 at 12:21 #

BDOTW contender

• Nat39 November 2, 2011 at 17:38 #

If I had to choose it`d be her previous Vera Wang look that is BDOTW worthy.
      This look is not nearly as good, as the matronly length and the shoes really bring it down for me. Don`t mind the hair at all as there`s no any standout accessories here.

• Nat39 November 2, 2011 at 17:41 #

Well, the gimmicky (agree with FC, it’s more gimmicky than complementary) clutch doesn’t count :)

6. Gaber November 2, 2011 at 12:31 #

I think it works better on the model. She’s bringing the sexy with the high split while the top seems to be a bit loose fitting. SJP, on the other hand, hides the split, but has a super tight top and it makes the whole thing look slightly less sexy and more figure skater costume-y.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty & Fashion Blog) November 2, 2011 at 13:46 #

+1. To die for on the runway.LOVE Prabal.
      Really dislike the clutch. Runway shoes were more interesting. This is the second look that shes wearing that looks too tight across the bust. I don’t think her hair is doing her any favors at this length.

7. dee November 2, 2011 at 13:02 #

I don’t like the big hair.

• maria November 2, 2011 at 16:46 #

same here. everything else i love, although i agree that the shoes could be a bit more exciting. Where are her white pumps????

8. CINDY November 2, 2011 at 13:02 #

i love it, I mean I really LOVE this outfit. The color is gorgeous on her, her hair is perfection. The shoes are okay and I know I’m in minority here but I love the clutch. Maybe it’s a tad too much but hey, we’re speaking about SJP here so no surprise for me. She always has crazy accessories. She looks beautiful!

• manja November 2, 2011 at 17:42 #

9. Dafna November 2, 2011 at 13:47 #

I dont get it.shes lost touch with her chic radar! She looks like a granny whos trying to hard to stay fresh. I love gurung but this isnt working at all.

10. Kiran November 2, 2011 at 14:01 #

Would have loved the runway shoes with the look and a different clutch (like you said). As much as I love her hair, a glossy, slicked back pony tail would’ve been appreciated. This dress is on another level though. If I saw it on a rack and held it up, after studying it I would probably have premature ventricular contractions (heart skips a beat).

• Rebecca Z November 2, 2011 at 14:21 #

I agree with you. The hair is overwhelming with this dress and it looks better on the model with pulled back hair–even a full messy ponytail would work. SJP could totally pull off those fab runway shoes. There’s just too much going on up top here. My biggest gripe with her hair worn this way is it is so flat on the top off her head–she needs some fullness up there to balance her narrow face and the full hair below.

11. Mol November 2, 2011 at 14:22 #

I think the spikes from the clutch are meant to echo the shard like purple forms coming down the skirt. That said, I agree with most of the critique everyone’s already made – hair too big, too tight across the bust (and too shiny), not a home run overall!

12. GGGGGGGG November 2, 2011 at 14:30 #

I like the runway belt better. The belt she is wearing is so plain in comparsion to that dress. The belt would have brought the wow factor.

13. rita November 2, 2011 at 14:56 #

My problem with her is that she always ruins something beautiful with her obsessive over accessorizing. It’s like she wants to hide her great outfits behind her necklaces or her bags or her shoes. It’s really sad because she always has interesting clothes but she kills it almost everytime with her accessories that seem to not belong there.

14. anne November 2, 2011 at 15:35 #

I love it! hope it makes it to BDOTW. Probably the best thing about this movie is her promotional tour.

15. Alina November 2, 2011 at 16:13 #

Love the dress.

16. Jones19 November 2, 2011 at 16:19 #

Such a pretty gown…lovely.

17. Hannah November 2, 2011 at 18:59 #

I was really excited abotu the dress onteh runway, but SJP’s stylign ruins it. I thinkt hat it needed cleaner presentation, SJP doesn;t have that. Oerall it is just a little eighties: Big hair – check, metallic purple dress – check, big gold spkies – check. It was delciously sexy on the runway, but since Sarah Jessica is standing like a man, it doesn’t even have that goign for it. Total 180 from when Amanda wore her prabal on the red carpet.

18. Sharon November 2, 2011 at 19:00 #

I love this dress and would kill to have hair like SJP’s. I looked at the close-up of her shoes and really liked them, but her poor feet look so tired of high heels.