02.11.11

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In LK Bennett – Unicef Emergency Supply Centre

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge joined her husband Prince William today at a Unicef emergency supply centre in Copenhagen, Denmark.

The couple were there to view the efforts to distribute emergency food and medical supplies to eastern Africa where severe food shortages are affecting more than 13 million people.

Catherine looked very regal wearing an LK Bennett Ami coat – and we thought she was just obsessed with their shoes.

It should be no surprise that Catherine opted for this military-style coat, as she seems to favour anything vaguely military inspired for official events with Prince William – see her previous Alexander McQueen looks for reference.

Her rich wool burgundy coat was teamed with a matching crocodile belt to give the look a modern feel.

With her eyeliner and glossy waves perfectly in check she added Stuart Weitzman brown suede boots and a black clutch to complete her look.

I really love the coat. You can buy it from LK Bennett.

Credit: Getty

Halle Berry In Jenny Packham - 'Extant' LA Premiere

Halle Berry In Jenny Packham – ‘Extant’ LA Premiere

Celebrities Love...Charlotte Olympia ‘Kitty’ Flats

Celebrities Love…Charlotte Olympia ‘Kitty’ Flats

35 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In LK Bennett – Unicef Emergency Supply Centre

1. dee November 2, 2011 at 18:11 #

I really like the coat and I like her belt better than the one comes with the coat. Glad she is wearing some color.

2. Nat39 November 2, 2011 at 18:18 #

The boots look black on my screen. Anyway, would’ve preferred the brown or darker burgundy clutch.
    Not bad at all, great fit, love the addition of the modern belt, and the pretty feminine hair softens the military feel of the coat.

3. goldfish November 2, 2011 at 18:20 #

the crownprincess of denmark looks really beautiful

• Mllew November 2, 2011 at 18:45 #

She is always so chic

• alannah November 2, 2011 at 19:45 #

agreed!!

• Louise November 3, 2011 at 16:57 #

Yes she is… in that occasion for me she is even more elegant than Catherine!! she has “something else”

• Elaine2 November 4, 2011 at 23:52 #

totally agree.

• I hope she pulled Kate aside at one point and said: See, I’m not carrying a clutch and I’m fine!

(PS I find the first photo hilarious. Was Kate photoshopped in? Or does she bring her own lighting person to engagements? Just kidding but the flash seems to have caught one and not the other.)

• Umi November 2, 2011 at 21:13 #

I was thinking the exact same thing, kate’s head got photoshopped onto her body or something

4. moja31 November 2, 2011 at 18:21 #

It’s a great coat, and i do prefer her choice of belt to the one it comes with, even if it is a bit much to go pack relief supplies for starving children. The whole look was a bit stiff, and it’s frankly disturbing for anyone who isn’t wearing a corset to be able to cinch their waist in that much in a winter coat.
    Wish you’d cover some other royals from time to time, you’re missing out one some seriously fun royal style from the other royal ladies of Europe. Google Princess Maxima in Aruba for a good smile. :)

• Elaine2 November 2, 2011 at 19:16 #

Catherine needs a stylist. Obviously she wasn’t planning to roll up her sleeves and work. This looks DOES appear very stiff – and IMO not really appropriate for the situation.

Brown boots and a black clutch. NO. I agree with NAT39 that a different color clutch would have been better.

• Lily November 3, 2011 at 04:16 #

The boots are black. That style doesn’t even come in brown.

Imo, a stylist would be dull as dishwater. I like seeing what Kate comes up with on her own. There’s typically a tiny quirk or two. And it’s her style instead of Rachel Zoe’s style, for example.

• dressaddict November 2, 2011 at 21:49 #

I actually like Princess Maxima’s style. It’s not perfect, but it’s a whole lot more interesting and fun to watch than Catherine’s.

• Pati November 3, 2011 at 16:00 #

I love Princess Maxima! She always rocks some cool accessories! And you can clearly see she´s having fun with fashion. She adds so much personality to anything she wears.

5. maria November 2, 2011 at 19:32 #

i love this look. Great colour, love the belt.

6. marie November 2, 2011 at 20:24 #

enough of the eyeliner already, it’s making her look wayyy older.and Princess Mary is ever so chic and pretty..if you read up her story, she has a way more interesting life than Kate has..

• Capu November 3, 2011 at 17:00 #

Princess Mary is incredibly beautiful, and… elegant!! in that case much more than Kate!

7. molly November 2, 2011 at 20:47 #

Im not a fan of the coat, but I dont really care about her “style” anymore. I have given up all hope that she will ever be interesting or stylish.
    One thing that I cant get over is her choice to wear boots with a coat that is longer than the top of them. You should always be able to see a small amount of skin when you wear a long coat with boots. Booties would have been a much better choice. Princess Mary looks amazing. She is so much more stylish.

8. Mahima November 2, 2011 at 21:06 #

I’m surprised you haven’t posted Kate in that white gown. But I do love the coat.

9. Jen November 2, 2011 at 21:16 #

Love the coat and the belt. I actually didn’t notice anything else because I’m so enamored of that coat.

10. Jones19 November 2, 2011 at 21:49 #

It’s a lovely coat but it accentuates her broad shoulders so it’s not very flattering for her figure.

11. D November 2, 2011 at 23:25 #

love thislook :)

12. Georgia November 2, 2011 at 23:35 #

If I saw these two women on the street dressed as they are I don’t think I’d even notice them they’re so nondescript. This is definitely clothing–not fashionable, and certainly not stylish. Just dull.

13. Marybeth November 3, 2011 at 01:44 #

Nice — especially the belt.

14. Ella November 3, 2011 at 03:49 #

I am in love with that belt…..and her boots =D but the coat is lovely

15. Lily November 3, 2011 at 04:14 #

I love the length of the coat, especially with the boots. And the red color is gorgeous!

16. Emi November 3, 2011 at 08:08 #

I prefer the original version of the coat, I think the belt she chose is quite ugly. But she looks great.

17. Jess2 November 3, 2011 at 09:54 #

my two favourite royal couples lol, can you tell I’m Australian :P, I think she looks awesome, loving that she is branching into the military style and adding the belt is perfection. great colour and great length. I would of preferred her to have a brown clutch to match the fabuous boots but can’t really see the colour difference from the photo

18. Lee Ann November 3, 2011 at 12:44 #

hideous hideous belt

19. Elle November 3, 2011 at 22:01 #

Absolutely divine. She wears clothes that I would day to day. She is chic, classy, and poised. It’s fun to look at fashion from celebrities, but realistically when are we going to wear them and for that much money? Most likely not.

20. zeenie November 4, 2011 at 12:35 #

Feeding starving children? I want to feed her a burger right about now…

21. JessicaR November 4, 2011 at 17:00 #

She and Taylor Swift should form a club or something. The “We Do The Same Hairstyle Every Single Occasion” Club.

22. Sara November 5, 2011 at 21:11 #

the jacket is ok (would have been nicer if it was shorter) but I REALLY dont like the belt. Its too….’fake’ ? I dont know I just reallyyy dont like it

23. Sophie November 6, 2011 at 08:44 #

Is the Duchess of Cambridge really a style icon? Her look is classic middle england. Yes she is very pretty and married the heir to the throne – but style icon I am struggling to see – classic yes /frumpy sometimes!