02.11.11

Blake Lively wasn’t the only celeb to attend the Christian Louboutin cocktail party at Barney’s New York last night; Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen were also present to fete the beloved shoe designer.

As per usual, the twins stepped onto the red carpet wearing oversized ensembles. On this occasion they wore matching all-black outfits.

Ashley went for The Row Smashton leather leggings that she teamed with a tweed jacket and a long-sleeve silk blouse.

Of course her ensemble couldn’t have been complete without a couple of black Louboutin accessories: ‘Mikarani’ tassel loafers and ‘Loubis Angels Fringe’ shoulder bag provided the finishing touches.

Mary-Kate celebrated with the designer of the hour wearing pointed-toe leopard print ‘Dahlia’ Louboutin’s booties and a matching Christian Louboutin ‘Loubis Angel’ clutch.

She also wore leggings, but she paired them with a dress that hit below the knee. She finalized her look with a fur jacket that had quilted leather sleeves.

Overall, I’m not surprised or wowed whatsoever by their outfits because they dress this way over and over again.

I would love to see them dress outside their style box just once in a while.

Credit: Getty

In Katy Perry's Closet - Valentino Studded Wool Cashmere Cloth Coat

In Katy Perry’s Closet – Valentino Studded Wool Cashmere Cloth Coat

Amanda Seyfried In Lyn Devon - 'In Time' Berlin Photocall

Amanda Seyfried In Lyn Devon – ‘In Time’ Berlin Photocall

26 Responses to Ashley & Mary-Kate Olsen – Christian Louboutin’s Barney’s New York Cocktail Party

1. Terry November 2, 2011 at 16:49 #

It’s true we’ve seen them wearing the same outfits over and over again, with some minor changes from time to time, but I really like the fact that both of them stick to a personal style and don’t feel the need to obsessively change it.

• Natalie November 2, 2011 at 17:51 #

this, and that’s why they’re such fashion icons. I love their style.

• goldfish November 2, 2011 at 18:29 #

love their style too – amazing

• Terry November 2, 2011 at 18:43 #

Me too!

• raphownsyou November 2, 2011 at 18:33 #

completely agree.

2. Nat39 November 2, 2011 at 16:54 #

Ugly and tasteless as usual.

3. maria November 2, 2011 at 16:55 #

i so agree. The only thing i normally love about them are their accessories, as they seem to collect them and use some quirky vintage pieces.

4. Hermoine November 2, 2011 at 17:02 #

There are so many layers and so much black I can’t tell what’s what! For once, I would like to SEE what they have on without hunting up a magnifying glass.

5. Lola November 2, 2011 at 17:27 #

Scarecrow Olsen style…well it’s Halloween

6. manja November 2, 2011 at 17:34 #

i wonder if they can stand without beeing joint at the hip?!they look like siamese twins-:)))
    agree with maria,like their accessories,outfits not so much,almost never.

7. Natalie November 2, 2011 at 17:52 #

i love the fur that they’re wearing. i would love to hunt round their closet, apparently when Carey Mulligan had to audition for The Great Gatsby she went to MKA and borrowed a ’20s dress from them. Such a fabulous story.

8. DivaDebbi (Beauty & Fashion Blog) November 2, 2011 at 18:09 #

They look welded. I don’t have the patience to deconstruct.
    They have some killer, whistle clean, fitted mid calf wool jersey dresses in their collection. My clients love them and they are amazingly priced. It would be so nice to see them in something like that for a change.

9. dee November 2, 2011 at 18:14 #

Horrid from head to toe.

10. raphownsyou November 2, 2011 at 18:32 #

your viewpoint is so commercial hollywood, glad these girls couldnt care less what people think of them and dress how they please. always ahead.

• Fashion Critic November 2, 2011 at 18:38 #

thanks for your comment. I’m sure they, like many others, don’t care what people think of them.

I personally find them very boring.

I don’t see what’s so fashion forward about wearing different variations of the same look over and over again, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Nat39 November 2, 2011 at 19:32 #

They can stick to dressing the way they like, for sure, but I wish they`d find a better way to dress themselves as they look plain awful!!!

• TeaAtTwo November 2, 2011 at 22:00 #

They’re not super edgy- half of young Hollywood used to dress in this ‘rich hobo’ style a few years ago. They’re as overrated as their collection.

• AW November 3, 2011 at 14:21 #

You are embarrassingly rude. If FC’s viewpoint is “commercial hollywood” then perhaps you should find another more “overpriced homeless” friendly site to visit. It’s fine to disagree on style choice but insulting the writer is a low blow.

Anyway FC I love what you do and I agree with you about these 2 fashion nightmare’s. I’m sure they have on great pieces but who can tell with it all piled on top of each other.

• Fashion Critic November 3, 2011 at 14:57 #

Thanks AW. I thought it was rude too.

Like you said a point can be made without being insulting.

11. Hannah November 2, 2011 at 18:32 #

I actually don’t completely, read:entirely, hate their looks here. I appreciate that they have their own style and since they don’t market themselves as celebrities so much anymore (I refuse to count ‘Beastly’), more as designers, i don’t mind them too much rocking up to events lookign like this. I also think that I can only say that because they haven’t chosen super dull accessories, their hair is shiny, their makeup is refreshign and suits them, they dress up when they should, ie the met gala, their last few looks have been good, and their outfits are all black so I don’t pay too much attention to them. I always wish that they would be a bit more polished, they look a lot beter that way, and I wish they would wear their own label more, because IMO they produce some pretty gorgeous clothes.

12. Mol November 2, 2011 at 18:38 #

I can’t help it, I love them and I love puzzling out all the various quirky layers of their outfits, I also love their accessories big time. I have some really great basic pieces from their line and I’m perfectly happy overall to see them again and again at various events!

13. Parvati November 2, 2011 at 19:11 #

I usually am not a fan of their style, for reasons like this one here. They usually wear so much black and there are so many layers of it, that you can hardly tell what they are wearing and their outfits look so overwhelming on them. Fortunately, Ashley sometimes opts for clothes of different styles and coloursand that’s why I prefer her looks, in general.

14. Elaine2 November 2, 2011 at 19:18 #

I think they look kinda scary…….

15. Emi November 2, 2011 at 20:41 #

Having a style is a good thing, but they’re always dressed the same way, their make up is always the same, they always pose in the same way… For me, they could join Alexa Chung, Blake Lively and other people in the club of the overrated girls in the world.

16. micheline November 3, 2011 at 03:30 #

raphownsyou, I disagree. What has always struck me about these two is the way they indiscriminately layer costly, ill-fitting designer pieces over top of each other. The ultimate look is crass, commercial, materialistic. I don’t see anything ‘ahead’ about piling on tens of thousands of dollars worth of clothing and accessories without seeming to appreciate single pieces for their own beauty and artistry. This is simply consumerism, not love of or interest in fashion.

17. Elle November 3, 2011 at 22:06 #

Is this fashion? It shouldn’t be. It seems like they rolled out of bed and ran into a high-end dumpster to find ill-fitting clothes. And then decided to pile it onto their petite frames.