Who Wore McQ Better? Emma Watson or Chloe Moretz

Emma Watson wore this cute plaid McQ tartan wool puffball mini dress to the GQ Men Of The Year Awards which was held at The Royal Opera House in London early last month.

Her hair and makeup were kept light and youthful as she added a pair of Christian Louboutin Spike pumps to spice up her look.

On the red carpet she wore this dress with an edgy biker jacket.

Chloe Moretz wore the same dress just four days later when she attended The Independent Filmmaker Project during the 2011 Toronto Film Festival.

Her look was styled with black heels worn over black socks.

It’s ironic how Emma, who’s older than Chloe, appears to be younger.

Emma wins for me as I love the tulle tutu she wore under her skirt to give it more volume and give her overall look more personality.

If you can’t make up your mind, click on the image above to see more pictures of these ladies in their McQ dresses.

You can buy Emma’s and Chloe’s dress from Net-A-Porter International.

Credit: Getty

Final Reductions In The ASOS Sale

Final Reductions In The ASOS Sale

Nicholas Kirkwood Spring 2012

Nicholas Kirkwood Spring 2012

18 Responses to Who Wore McQ Better? Emma Watson or Chloe Moretz

1. aiyu October 31, 2011 at 09:56 #

I like the dress much better with the addition of the black tulle.

• Jess2 October 31, 2011 at 12:01 #

me too

2. Parvati October 31, 2011 at 10:24 #

This is a really weird “Who Wore It Better” poll, because Emma Watson is older than Chloe Moretz and she ends up looking much younger, while Chloe looks older. To sum up, neither of them looks her age. Although I didn’t like the way Emma wore it, because it made her look like a 12-year-old, I prefer her version to Chloe’s, which is teamed with those socks and makes her look, once again, much older than she is.

• JR November 4, 2011 at 18:10 #

It’s amazing how people can see completely different things. I think Chloe’s socks make her look more demure. She’s not showing as much leg, if you will. But even that gets criticized.

• Parvati November 4, 2011 at 18:31 #

I didn’t criticize the amount of leg she’s showing, because, well, she’s not showing much. Not showing leg doesn’t automatically make a look age-aproppriate. I talked about the way she styled her look, which I don’t like.

• JR November 4, 2011 at 20:23 #

I didn’t word that well. I know you were criticizing her look.

It doesn’t bother me that she can look a few years older as long as she keeps it classy.

3. Natalie October 31, 2011 at 10:28 #

I like the black tulle better, but the shoes on Chloe’s are way better.

4. Emi October 31, 2011 at 10:55 #

Emma, Chloe looks older than Emma, very true.

5. Gabi October 31, 2011 at 11:38 #

Unquestionably Emma, she looks perfect and flawless. When I saw her wearing that I thought the black tulle was part of dress, now that I know it’s not, Emma earns even more points, kudos!
    As for Chloe, I don’t like it at all. The dress looks weird on the waist area, the wheels with socks are hideous – ankle boots would’ve looked so much better! – and the loose hair does not flatter the dress.

6. Fe October 31, 2011 at 12:11 #

Emma! I love the tulle tutu she wore and her face is just gorgeous!

7. Anna October 31, 2011 at 12:13 #

Emma Watson! She looks stunning! And better shoes too!

8. dee October 31, 2011 at 13:17 #

It’s a tie for me. I think they both look equally good in the dress. They both put their own spin on it.

9. justme October 31, 2011 at 15:47 #

I’ve worn one too many dresses like this as a kid to like it now. But Emma’s tulle and shoes are far superior to Chloe’s socks and sandals combo.

10. Nat39 October 31, 2011 at 17:06 #

Def. Emma, really like her shoe choice – the edgy spike shoes prevent the look from being overly sweet and work well with the mentioned edgy biker jacket.

11. Badaboum October 31, 2011 at 19:42 #

I think Cheryl Cole wears the same dress in the video presentation for her shoe collection with Stylistpick, but I don’t remember seeing her shoes in the video. I remember that it made her look much younger (like Emma Watson).

12. Liz November 2, 2011 at 00:18 #

Looks way better on Emma and I loved her spiked Louboutins.

13. Terry_K November 7, 2011 at 08:07 #

They both carry it well, so I’m not sure why it has to be one or the other. Considering Emma’s huge fan base from Harry Potter, the fact that Chloe pulled in over 40% of the vote might be the more telling answer that maybe Chloe pulled it off better.