28.10.11

Sandra Bullock In AllSaints – 2011 amfAR Inspiration Gala Los Angeles

Sandra Bullock attended the 2011 amfAR Inspiration Gala Los Angeles yesterday evening at the Chateau Marmont.

We don’t often see her on the red carpet, and when we do she’s usually wearing head-to-toe black, so I’m happy to see her in this AllSaints ‘Eagle’ dress.

Her gold embellished mini dress was teamed with a black Stella McCartney tuxedo jacket.

Irit designs earrings; a Pomellato bracelet and ring provided even more bling.

A Jimmy Choo ‘Cosma’ clutch, a loose updo, metallic smoky eyes and frosty pink lips completed her look.

From the ankles up I love this look as it’s so different for Sandra.

I would’ve preferred black strappy sandals, but she opted for silver Jimmy Choo ‘Eros’ pumps.

Credit: Getty

Salma Hayek In Stella McCartney - Late Night With Jimmy Fallon

Salma Hayek In Stella McCartney – Late Night With Jimmy Fallon

Elle Fanning and Hailee Steinfeld In Chanel - Chanel Intimate Dinner

Elle Fanning and Hailee Steinfeld In Chanel – Chanel Intimate Dinner

21 Responses to Sandra Bullock In AllSaints – 2011 amfAR Inspiration Gala Los Angeles

1. Rebecca Z October 28, 2011 at 18:48 #

Agree about the shoes–they are too heavy for the dress. And I don’t like her lip color–would have preferred a true neutral to the slight pinkness. But, it is a gorgeous dress and she generally looks lovely.

2. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) October 28, 2011 at 18:54 #

I like the middle section. Don’t care for the dark messy updo or the overly pale lip. I’m trying to block the shoe out of my head.

3. Gabi October 28, 2011 at 18:54 #

I don’t like the shoes either but since she is not a constant red carpeter, I’ll say it’s BDOTW contender. Plus, I love Sandra xD

4. robbie October 28, 2011 at 18:56 #

slightly edgier shoes would have been great but other than that this look is great.

5. Nat39 October 28, 2011 at 19:04 #

Dislike it from head to toe – a sparkle overload disrupted by the tuxedo jacket – nothing works here for me including the frosty make-up.

6. NooG October 28, 2011 at 19:24 #

LOVE Sandra. So sad about the shoe choice. Almost BDOTW contender. ;'(

7. karine October 28, 2011 at 19:34 #

Appart from the shoes and lips, i like the look

• Alina October 29, 2011 at 06:43 #

Me too.

8. Jones19 October 28, 2011 at 19:58 #

She looks very chic and pulled together.

9. Chloe October 28, 2011 at 20:06 #

her make up is gorgeous

10. Hannah October 28, 2011 at 20:30 #

Gorgeous but urgh mixing metals, noooo! IT is like hal fof the major celebrity trends are ones i consider no-gos, like ombre hair and white shoes. no!

11. Christy October 28, 2011 at 20:44 #

This is the best I have seen Sandra look in a long time! From head to toe she looks ultra chic and this look is totally a BDOTW look!

12. Shaina October 28, 2011 at 22:54 #

The dress looks gorgeous on her, I love the makeup.

13. Dhppy October 29, 2011 at 00:49 #

I adore Sandra Bullock, but she never seems like she cares that much about fashion. Which is fine. I love the dress even though it’s largely hidden by the jacket. It’s the makeup I wish were different: it’s too heavy on the eye, then all the features below disappear. I think Kate Bosworth was a wonderful example of how to wear a nude makeup palette to an evening event at the Chanel Intimate dinner. And yes, Bosworth is younger, but I think Bullock is lovely too and can carry off a dewier foundation and some gloss.

14. Jess2 October 29, 2011 at 06:03 #

I love Sandra and I love this look. I do like the shoes, I don’t think they are ruining the look but FC your suggestion of strappy sandals would be great too. I really love the whole look and I like that the makeup is a bit subtle

15. Lils October 29, 2011 at 09:40 #

She would have been perfect had she chosen other shoes and lip shade. Other than that she looks great

16. Manja October 29, 2011 at 10:13 #

love it,it is something diff from her,and working for me,all of it

17. mattison October 29, 2011 at 15:59 #

I’m biased ’cause I like her so much, but I think Sandra looks great here. I’d like to see this up for a Shoes She Should Have Worn post, though. If she was set on mixing metals, can’t you picture this outfit with the two-tone Vionnet sandals in FC Favourites?

• Tania October 29, 2011 at 18:35 #

Yes I can picture the outfit with the two-tone Vionnet sandals. A much better choice than the Jimmy Choo’s. Apart from the shoe error she looks great!

18. Tahj October 30, 2011 at 04:10 #

She looks great here. I like the blazer and jacket combo. Doesn’t always work, but when it does, very cool look.

19. Bailey October 25, 2014 at 01:23 #

Love the addition of the blazer with the glittery dress but I agree that black strappy sandals would have worked so much better