Maggie Gyllenhaal In Dries Van Noten – ‘Hysteria’ Rome Film Festival Photocall

Maggie Gyllenhaal attended the ‘Hysteria’ Rome Film Festival photocall this afternoon.

The actress gives us our first red carpet look at the Dries van Noten Spring 2012 collection.

This isn’t a surprise as the actress is a huge fan of the brand and is often the one to snag the first look.

Her loose-fitted waterprint dress with one draped sleeve excited me more on the model as I prefer the strappy sandals, but this is a perfect laidback look for a photocall.

Brown wooden wedges, a simple bun, rosy cheeks and red lips completed her look.

I’m very excited to see what Maggie wears to the premiere later this evening.

I adore Rupert Everett’s Moncler reindeer cardigan, as it would make the perfect Christmas gift for my younger brother.

His cardigan is available from Matches Fashion.

[nggallery id=1021]
Credit: Style.com & Getty

Emma Roberts In Jonathan Saunders - ‘The Great Gatsby’ Pre-Met Ball Special Screening

Emma Roberts In Jonathan Saunders – ‘The Great Gatsby’ Pre-Met Ball Special Screening

Milla Jovovich In Prada - Campari 2012 Calendar Unveiling

Milla Jovovich In Prada – Campari 2012 Calendar Unveiling

30 Responses to Maggie Gyllenhaal In Dries Van Noten – ‘Hysteria’ Rome Film Festival Photocall

1. dee October 28, 2011 at 15:42 #

I don’t see why she is a fan of this label because I have never seen her look good in anything from DVN. This is awful. A shapeless mess.

• Nat39 October 28, 2011 at 17:29 #

My 1st thought – she should stop snagging those looks. This is one ugly unflattering mess, and why would you wear heavy black tights with a light dress like this and the summery wedges…

• Jones19 October 28, 2011 at 20:05 #

I completely disagree. I think Dries Van Noten suits her perfectly.

• Ylenia Castellano October 28, 2011 at 20:13 #

• Lee Ann October 28, 2011 at 21:10 #

Dries does suit her perfectly but I do not like the tights. I also think he is off his game .

2. Alina October 28, 2011 at 15:44 #

Runway > Red Carpet

3. Jen October 28, 2011 at 15:45 #

I think this is unflattering and ugly. You can actually see how tightly stretched her tights are across her toes thanks to those ugly shoes.

4. Rebecca Z October 28, 2011 at 15:53 #

She is certainly true to her own sense of style and I think she is a great actress, but it doesn’t work for me. The dress is OK–the tights and the shoes are a disaster–UGLY!

5. mattison October 28, 2011 at 15:58 #

I like the wedges, but what are your thoughts on mixing black and brown? I know how you feel about mixing metals, so I sort of figured it goes hand in hand.

• Fashion Critic October 28, 2011 at 16:02 #

I don’t have a problem with black and brown. I will wear a brown sweater with black tights in winter

6. maria October 28, 2011 at 16:05 #

the print is beautiful on the model but on Maggie it makes her look doublewide in the hip area. Horrible.

If i have a pet peeve it’s tights with open shoes. if it’s cold enough for tights, just wear pumps or boots.

7. Mario October 28, 2011 at 16:05 #

This is the time when I wish I was your little brother, lol
    I love that dress, but the tights really bug me.

• Fashion Critic October 28, 2011 at 16:07 #

lol…cute.

8. robbie October 28, 2011 at 16:12 #

i love the dress and the wedges but those tights. couldnt she have go for a nude colour atleast the black is bad especially when you can see her toes through them.

rupert looks very handsome.

9. Hannah October 28, 2011 at 16:39 #

OnMaggie I love the dress, but that’s about it. Also, I am so glad that she is such a huge fan, because almost no other celebrities seem to wear Dries, which I think is so sad, because I adore his clothes. I’m really excited for the other looks we’ll see her wearing on this promo tour.
    Also, I literall yLOLed at the mention of the mocler cardigan, my boyfriend has it, and it is even more snuggly and divine in real life! Definitely would recmmoend that you buy it for your boyfriend!

• Fashion Critic October 28, 2011 at 16:52 #

I’m half tempted to by it for myself :)

10. Lils October 28, 2011 at 17:26 #

I prefer the dress on the model. But it isn’t a disaster on Maggie either.
    I absolutely love that cardigan, it’s gorgeous!!!!

11. Jess2 October 28, 2011 at 17:30 #

I don’t mind the dress too much but only on the model, I don’t think it is great on Maggie and the tights and shoes REALLY need to go. On the model the dress still follows her sillhouette whereas on Maggie i think it is too baggy/loose

12. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) October 28, 2011 at 19:56 #

Loathe! If she were my client and tried it on, she would hear my signature line…”Take that schmatta OFF”!!!

13. Ylenia Castellano October 28, 2011 at 20:16 #

The dress is exquisite, the tights don´t bother me but the shoes are a joke.

• Lori October 28, 2011 at 20:39 #

Could’t agree more. The dress is amazing. I gasped when I saw it on the runway on Style.com. This whole collections is officially bananas.

14. Hisadora October 28, 2011 at 22:46 #

I don’t even mind the tights here, but those wedges completely kill this whole look.

15. doc October 28, 2011 at 23:48 #

Nah, I’m going with the naysayers on this one. This dress isn’t good on the runway and it certainly isn’t good on Maggie. Honestly it looks like they made a dress out of a scene printed on a bathroom shower curtain. I understand that she is a fan of this brand, but there are other looks from the show that looked better and still haven’t been seen.

16. dave October 29, 2011 at 06:27 #

Is she pregnant?

17. pipsqueak October 29, 2011 at 17:01 #

This is an awful look. Maggie looked pregnant. But overall I think DVN suits Maggie well. It’s sophisticated, unpretentious and effortless. I think Maggie also likes all things French. She spoke very good French in “Paris, je t’aime” (very good esp. considering she’s American).

• Lin October 30, 2011 at 18:36 #

Dries Van Noten is NOT French, he’s Belgian…and he’s Flemish, so he talks Dutch.

• Lin October 30, 2011 at 18:38 #

This being said…I too think she looks awful in this “bag” ;-)

18. xo October 30, 2011 at 01:38 #

ewww she looks awful… wut the hell was she thinkin? she isnt even that pretty!! oh and the shoes are ugly as helll too…poor taste

• mari October 31, 2011 at 03:00 #

She isn’t even that pretty? seriously??
      I do not love her particularly, but she’s a good actress that does not always follow or conform to the HW trend of cutesy and plastic surgeries, at least for now.
      As for her style, I do not think that being pretty in the face has anything to do with style, it helps, yes, but Magge is quite tall and has style.
      My only problem with her is that she needs to improve her posture and sometimes wear a good bra.

19. Sarah November 5, 2011 at 10:06 #

My My.. wen i saw ths I was like “God..!! Is she pregnant..??”