Jessica Biel attended Fashion Group International’s 28th annual Night of Stars, which was held at Cipriani Wall Street in New York City yesterday evening, as the guest of Giambattista Valli.

The actress, who was front row at the designer’s Spring 2012 presentation earlier this month, wore a stunning white Giambattista Valli Fall 2011 Couture gown.

I had to look at this twice, because the first time I was looking at Jessica with a lot of pre-bias – greasy hair, boring Biel circa 2009, etc.

On second look I think she held her own in this gown. It’s not an easy look to pull off with the puffy layers on the shoulders.

Two years ago this gown would’ve overwhelmed her, but she stood tall and took complete ownership of this look.

I love her dewy glow and soft pink lips. Her make-up is perfect for this ethereal look.

A Giambattista Valli gold leaf belt and Fred Leighton jewels completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

In Elizabeth Olsen's Closet - Erdem Lucietta Floral-Print Silk Crepe de Chine Gown

In Elizabeth Olsen’s Closet – Erdem Lucietta Floral-Print Silk Crepe de Chine Gown

Michelle Yeoh In Valentino & Salvatore Ferragamo - 'The Lady' Rome Film Festival Premiere & Photocall

Michelle Yeoh In Valentino & Salvatore Ferragamo – ‘The Lady’ Rome Film Festival Premiere & Photocall

25 Responses to Jessica Biel In Giambattista Valli Couture – Fashion Group International’s 28th Annual Night of Stars Gala

1. Lancel October 28, 2011 at 10:51 #

I know this dress is all about the puffy shoulders but it’s not working for me. I like the golden belt and the really simple make-up but these shoulders destroy everything.

• Jen October 28, 2011 at 13:32 #

Yeah the shoulders are horrible. I like everything else, including how it fits and her makeup, but the shoulders are cracked out.

2. La Zitella October 28, 2011 at 11:14 #

Bleh. No, way too much for her. I dont wanna see another wannabe Blake Lively.

• AW October 28, 2011 at 14:30 #

I agree she looks ridiculous and something is making her look matronly, the hair maybe?

3. Bella October 28, 2011 at 11:22 #

Her or her ppl are really trying to make her some kind of official Valli girl, huh? Not happening haha.
    While this is a upgrade look for her I still feel like it overwhelms her and she’s not working it enough. I can picture Cate Blanchett, Jennifer Lopez and others in the dress working the heck out of it!! She looks bored or something haha. I’m unsure about the layers especially in the closeup but like I said maybe on someone else.

• maria October 28, 2011 at 15:06 #

i totally agree.

4. Lei October 28, 2011 at 11:25 #

On someone like Iman this would be BDOTW worthy but on her it’s just OK.
    I prefer the way the belt is on the the runway but have to give her props where due – her makeup is flawless!

5. Jess2 October 28, 2011 at 11:31 #

I LOVE this dress and the belt but I’m sorry FC I have to disagree with you. Jess doesn’t stand out in this the dress is wearing her not the other way round and please someone get her some face powder stat :P there is glow and there is this unfortunately.

6. Leo October 28, 2011 at 11:39 #

Amazing dress, wrong girl. She doesn’t have what it takes to wear this, the dress completely overpowers her.

7. Jones19 October 28, 2011 at 12:08 #

I would have skipped the bangle, other than that I love it.

8. D October 28, 2011 at 12:12 #

beautiful dress but wrong girl :(

9. Jen October 28, 2011 at 13:32 #

I don’t think anyone could work this dress with those shoulders. They’re ridiculous.

10. dee October 28, 2011 at 13:33 #

This gown isn’t working on her. The puffy shoulders are terrible and she looks much older. I don’t like the haristyle either.

11. Tamia October 28, 2011 at 14:08 #

No matter what she wears her ambivalence and disinterest in fashion always shines through.

12. Alina October 28, 2011 at 15:14 #

It’s OK, but it could have been stunning.

13. Rebecca Z October 28, 2011 at 15:51 #

It is a mystery to my why she would have chosen this dress. To me she seems athletic and sleek, not a candidate for a puffy ball gown. And I agree with several others who said her hair ages her–it is dowdy, not chic and certainly not in tune with the gown. Very puzzling.

14. Hannah October 28, 2011 at 15:52 #

I’m not the buggest fan. For me the reason why it works on the runway is because it is on Tanya Dziahileva, who, IMO, is one of the most gorgeous models and has one of the best runway presences, and also has a amazing body, and most of all, amazing height. Jessica doesn’t quite have the stature to pull this off.

• mari October 28, 2011 at 23:59 #

I agree. It looks overwhelming on her.

15. Vera October 28, 2011 at 17:38 #

First it was for Jessica Parker at the Moscow (!) comedy (!!) premiere (!!!). Now – Jessica Biel at a so-so event.

What a waste of a couture collection.

So, what to expect next? Kim Kardashian in a supermarket?

There’s something really, really wrong with Gimbattista Valli’s PR managers.

16. goldfish October 28, 2011 at 18:57 #

i love jessica biel. she is absolutely gorgeous and has an amazing body. love-love-love

17. Jacqu October 28, 2011 at 22:21 #

I’m not fond of her as an actress and can’t remember anything she’s been in since 7th heaven. However, I am quite floored by this look. She looks amazing!

18. Jess October 29, 2011 at 15:35 #

hmmm lovely dress, not on her though. she looks washed out, in need of some powder and eye make-up or colour on her lips.

• Sara October 31, 2011 at 23:30 #

completely agree with her being washed out. Some lippy color would have been perfect. Overall not in love with the look at all and am surpised she made the BOTW list

19. xo October 30, 2011 at 01:40 #

ehh the dress is pretty but i dont really think it goes w/ her tho..