28.10.11

Elle Fanning and Hailee Steinfeld In Chanel – Chanel Intimate Dinner

Elle Fanning and Hailee Steinfeld were both out last night attending the Chanel Intimate Dinner which was held in LA yesterday evening.

I don’t know about you, but I’m starting to feel slightly fatigued by these two.

What started off as being two young talented actresses looking cute in designer looks has become two young talented actresses looking older than their teen years in designer clothes.

Nothing really feels organic with these two anymore, but I don’t blame them it’s the fault of those dressing them.

Elle wore Chanel look with a suffocating high neckline and ivory shorts with office pumps, whilst Hailee is once again wearing too much makeup with her Chanel head-to-toe look.

What happened to teens wearing cute dresses by D&G, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Moschino Cheap & Chic or Alice + Olivia?

Credit: Getty

Sandra Bullock In AllSaints - 2011 amfAR Inspiration Gala Los Angeles

Sandra Bullock In AllSaints – 2011 amfAR Inspiration Gala Los Angeles

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

35 Responses to Elle Fanning and Hailee Steinfeld In Chanel – Chanel Intimate Dinner

1. Rahel October 28, 2011 at 20:28 #

When I was young I also tried to look sexy and older. With the shoes Hailee still looks kind of cute. But I agree about the makeup. Overall she would have looked better with lighter makeup and that has nothing to do with her age.

2. Hannah October 28, 2011 at 20:29 #

I feel the same. I fel like the more publicity they get, the more contrived adn expensive their looks become. Elle used to look gorgeous in much mroe appropriate shoes and girly dresses, and her look here woudl have been much improved with a basic tee, no belt and flat pumps, btu it looks over done, ad Hailee is soooo naturally gorgeous that whoever is doign ehr makeup shoudl be fired. Her prabal gurung is probably my second favourite look this year period (the golden globes), and there seh looked so fresh and natural adn interesting, ina dress noone else woudl ahve picked. I hope they go away for a littl ebit and then come back with a youthful bang.

3. Anna October 28, 2011 at 20:33 #

I’m starting to feel slightly fatigued by these two too!

• Emi October 28, 2011 at 20:58 #

Well said.

4. Christy October 28, 2011 at 20:40 #

I am not so crazy about Hailee’s look, but I think Elle makes the grade here. I really love that she took a risk, while still looking age appropriate. The headband and girly ruffled blouse is super sweet. The young actresses were attending the Chanel Dinner so they most certainly should have worn something from the luxury brands collection.

• Fashion Critic October 28, 2011 at 20:42 #

I’m didn’t meant they should wear A+O to this event, but the last few outings their looks have felt so contrived. This is the very example of that fact.

5. Rebecca Z October 28, 2011 at 20:40 #

What about school? Why are they attending events like this at all?

• Nat39 October 29, 2011 at 00:04 #

They should`ve swapped their clutches for backpacks for a more age-appropriate look :)

6. Suz October 28, 2011 at 20:52 #

I agree with Christy. I don’t like Hailee’s look, but I think that Elle looks adorable, and not too grown up at all.

• Lucía October 29, 2011 at 15:13 #

Really? Has anyone noticed the super high-heels she’s wearing?

7. justme October 28, 2011 at 21:07 #

Hailee looks the more age appropriate thanks to her flat boots. I really like her look to be honest.

• Nat39 October 29, 2011 at 00:10 #

This is actually one of the few looks from her that I like, the flat booties do keep it age-appropriate, so I`m willing to forgive her make-up as it`s extremely flattering, works great with the overall look, and done for the evening event.

8. Natalie October 28, 2011 at 21:09 #

I agree with FC. Hailee’s DKNY look— the striped dress. Where did that girl go? And I’ve never been a fan of Elle Fanning’s style— boring, doesn’t know how to dress her skin etc.

9. CreoleLady October 28, 2011 at 21:24 #

Elle Fanning is 13. Thirteen. I find this styling — particularly 4″ pumps, if not more — utterly reprehensible.

• Georgia October 29, 2011 at 03:49 #

• Lucía October 29, 2011 at 15:14 #

That’s what I just answered to someone saying Elle looks completely age appropriate. like you said she’s THIRTEEN.

10. robbie October 28, 2011 at 21:29 #

why cant young girls dress like young girls, why must they dress like they are in their 30s. hailee has completely murdered that dress by wearing those hideous shoes.

11. Parvati October 28, 2011 at 21:54 #

Elle Fanning: The look isn’t bad but it’s definitely not what I would call “youthful”. It makes her look older than her age, plus I think it makes her head look really small, compared to the rest of her body, which wasn’t the case in any of her previous appearances. Finally, her posture looks rather awkward.

Hailee Steinfeld: Personally, I rarely like what she wears. The dress is cute and I think it goes well with the make-up and hair, but I guess it would look much better on an adult person, rather than on a girl her age. The booties are awful and ruin whatever is good on her look.

12. Hisadora October 28, 2011 at 22:39 #

Elle’s hair and make up are DIVINE, but it’s all….

13. anna October 28, 2011 at 23:36 #

ellen’s look is nice.
    but it it isn’t age apropriated indeed.

14. Beinta October 29, 2011 at 00:30 #

The flowers in the background are the only fresh input in these pictures!

15. Natalie October 29, 2011 at 04:37 #

Oh gosh. Hailee Steinfeld is getting as annoying as Justin Beiber. Apart from being a teen who scored an oscar nom and can be seen wearing every label out there, she really has no style sense. It’s more like whatever they put on her she wears it as she seems to have no style of her own. And the makeup makes me do a double take (she’s 14!?).
    Elle Fanning is slightly more bearable but Chanel doesn’t mean you have to look old. She could have had more fun with this look.

16. Alina October 29, 2011 at 06:38 #

I think Elle looks good.
    Hailee is wearing too much make-up.

17. rebecca October 29, 2011 at 07:36 #

I didn’t even recognize Elle at first, I thought she was just another blonde 20-something actress. This is too much for the both of them.

18. Regina October 29, 2011 at 11:47 #

I find it almost immoral that these 15 year olds are going to parties and playing dress up in designer clothes. One can only imagine the sense of entitlement that they are nursing.

19. Rach October 29, 2011 at 11:53 #

Totally agree with everything you said FC!

20. rebecca o October 29, 2011 at 14:17 #

This is one of the few times I think they do look age appropriate. Hailee should be wearing less makeup and Elle should be wearing flats, but apart from that they look better than usual.

21. pipsqueak October 29, 2011 at 16:42 #

I like both looks overall, but I thought Hailee could’ve used lighter make-up and Elle could’ve worn lower heels. They need a stylist named Sofia Coppola, so they could look original w/o caring about the industry standard. But when you’re nobody’s daughter trying to make it in this reality-TV-Gossip-Girl-Twilight world, you’re just unwilling pitch-models of the big labels trying to sell to the young socialites and dumb girls.

22. Jen October 29, 2011 at 16:42 #

It’s the same thing that happens to most teenage girls. I feel that a lot of them feel pressured to dress a certain way, to look sexier and more mature. It’s a shame, but I see it all the time. Just look at any middle or high school girl around here…

23. Regina October 29, 2011 at 20:09 #

I agree. Both looks are sexy and these girls are 13 and 14. Ew.

24. xo October 30, 2011 at 01:32 #

i like elle fanning’s outfit the best… hailee’s outfit isn’t cute at all & i think she is tryin way too hard

25. Tahj October 30, 2011 at 04:06 #

I totally agree. I really think their people need to calm down with the red carpet appearances. Let them be teenagers. It’s bad enough we have too many girls in their 20s using the red carpet constantly and purely for publicity rather than movies. Now it’s continuing with the even younger set. How many red carpet appearances has Steinfeld had? True Grit came out late last year. lol.

26. Jones19 October 30, 2011 at 18:25 #

Elle looks okay but Hailee looks terrible. I’m growing tired of them too.

27. Allywan November 3, 2011 at 02:31 #

I’m really over fashion’s obsession with these young teen girls.