Abigail Breslin In Nanette Lepore – ‘Janie Jones’ New York Premiere

Abigail Breslin was in New York City last night for the premiere of her latest movie, ‘Janie Jones’.

She donned a blinding neon-yellow Nanette Lepore Spring 2012 look fresh off the runway.

Well, actually looking at the runway, the blazer and pleated skirt don’t appear to be neon-yellow – more like lemon – but the photographer’s flash has made it appear harsher on the red carpet.

It was always going to be hard to accessorize this look and find the right lip colour, and that has proven to be the case.

The berry lip colour and pumps say fall, whilst the ensemble says spring. The mixed messages are just darn confusing.

Whilst it was a very cute look on the runway, it doesn’t work for me on the red carpet.

A David Yurman pearl chain necklace completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

In January Jones' Closet - Madewell Spotdot Sweater

In January Jones’ Closet – Madewell Spotdot Sweater

Salma Hayek In Stella McCartney - Late Night With Jimmy Fallon

Salma Hayek In Stella McCartney – Late Night With Jimmy Fallon

19 Responses to Abigail Breslin In Nanette Lepore – ‘Janie Jones’ New York Premiere

1. maria October 28, 2011 at 17:37 #

i do have to question hers and the stylists’ choice on a day when it was grey, raining and freezing in NY. It feels totally out of place. This should be worn at a Cannes photo call or in the Caribbean.
    It’s a cute out fit but the styling brings it down. I also don’t get what she did with the bottons?

2. Alina October 28, 2011 at 17:38 #

You need to know how to work this ensemble, in order to look good and that’s proven by the two photos above.

3. Nat39 October 28, 2011 at 17:41 #

Doesn`t work on her at all: unflattering fit and length, overwhelming and a bit too old for her esp. with those bright lips.

4. Jess2 October 28, 2011 at 17:49 #

This isn’t really working but I admire the willingness to risk. On this ocassion I actually really like that they chose such a bold colour on what I guess was a grey day, i just think the contrast is cool. I know that sounds really off but meh lol

5. Moxie October 28, 2011 at 17:58 #

Different shoes and lipstick it could have worked.

6. Rebecca Z October 28, 2011 at 18:28 #

Agree it could have worked–and I also like the idea of color on a grey day. She looks nervous–needs to un-glue that hand from her hip.

7. Amy October 28, 2011 at 18:41 #

Yeah , this doesnt work for me. In fact, its a bit weird. And abigail breslins posture is awful.

8. Julie October 28, 2011 at 18:41 #

My eyes! My eyes!

9. robbie October 28, 2011 at 18:47 #

god knows why she looks so smug when infact she looks like a hot mess.

10. Gaber October 28, 2011 at 20:12 #

Sweet heavens, this outfit is beyond perfect.
    Too bad Abigal completely and utterly butchered it.

11. Hannah October 28, 2011 at 20:31 #

This just looks so old, and the colour is overtly garish. For some reason i feel that it is somethign that sharon stone would wear.

• pipsqueak October 29, 2011 at 16:45 #

12. Christy October 28, 2011 at 20:51 #

Her posture IS terrible! I agree the color screams spring, but the makeup is totally fall. I love it but its completely off putting.

I love seeing color on the red carpet not so sure about so much neon.

13. Parvati October 28, 2011 at 21:48 #

I actually don’t mind the lip colour or the shoes paired with this dress and I like that she was brave enough to pick such a bold colour, but this neon yellow dress is just way too bright, the way it pops against the dark background makes it a really weird choice – in a negative way.

14. Erin October 28, 2011 at 23:29 #

same problem with Elle Fanning and Haile Steinfeld, i think the biggest issue her is that she doesn’t make it work because she’s so young. Neon yellow plus the red lips age her a lot. I would actually kind of like it if she was older

15. xo October 30, 2011 at 01:34 #

dont like it at all….the color is way too bright on her…how old is this chic?