27.10.11

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Burberry – Burberry Body Launch Event

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley showed off quite a lot of her famous body at the Burberry Body Launch event which she co-hosted with creative director Christopher Bailey in LA yesterday evening.

The glamorous British actress/model opted out of the tribal prints and beaded heels to wear a nude Burberry slip dress with a plunging neckline.

Matching heels, natural waves, minimal makeup and jewelry completed her simple yet sexy look.

Many of you were quite disappointed by Rosie’s Pucci dress.

Do you prefer this look?

Credit: Getty

In Solange Knowles' Closet - By Malene Birger Rufe Faux Leopard Coat & Alexander Wang

In Solange Knowles’ Closet – By Malene Birger Rufe Faux Leopard Coat & Alexander Wang

Eva Longoria In Antonio Berardi - Good Morning America

Eva Longoria In Antonio Berardi – Good Morning America

33 Responses to Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Burberry – Burberry Body Launch Event

1. Bunnie Watson October 27, 2011 at 14:41 #

Why is she wearing her underwear in public? This looks like a slip, or a nightgown. It is lingerie, not a red carpet ensemble. Just needs some bunny slippers and hair curlers to complete the look. Meh.

• Lils October 27, 2011 at 16:19 #

you totally nailed it

• dee October 27, 2011 at 16:41 #

I was just about to post the same thing. This looks like a slip or nightgown. I do not like the dress. I like her shoes though.

• Rahel October 27, 2011 at 19:48 #

THIS!

When I saw it I couldn’t find the right words to describe it.

• Jess2 October 28, 2011 at 10:01 #

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I like the shoes though

2. noo October 27, 2011 at 14:42 #

thank god this look happened because i was seriously worried for her after last time’s fiasco, i thought she was losing her touch but she proved me wrong :D :D

3. Ade October 27, 2011 at 14:55 #

Well it’s called Burberry Body so I guess it makes sense she shows her body while wearing a barely there body hugging dress.

4. Elaine2 October 27, 2011 at 15:03 #

Regardless of how beautiful she is, this dress just isn’t cutting it for me. She looks as if she just got out of bed – or is trying to seduce someone to join her there.

5. Linda October 27, 2011 at 15:03 #

Whoa. Life truly is unfair. She looks lovely with apparently zero effort. I like this better on her than the Pucci.

6. fromchi-town October 27, 2011 at 15:05 #

Not really digging this look. I am little bored.

7. AW October 27, 2011 at 15:12 #

She looks simple yet beautiful. If I had to nit pick I would say that chest is a bit too bare.

But love the color and simplicity without being boring. It’s all very sexy

• Jackie October 30, 2011 at 00:09 #

Agreed! The one thing that ruins it for me is the plunge of the neckline — if it would have just covered a bit more of her boobs it would be that much more flattering. She’s gorgeous!

8. Molly October 27, 2011 at 15:29 #

Where is the glamour we saw throughout the Transformers run? She is of course a spectacularly gorgeous girl who will never look actually bad, but these looks utterly lack the “wow” factor that showed up in virtually every look she sported for nearly a month there. New stylist?

9. maria October 27, 2011 at 15:34 #

not feeling this either. If you have a body like her and the satin can still somehow look lumpy….that’s a tragedy.
    It does not wash her out, but it’s somehow very one note from the hair to the toes.

10. D October 27, 2011 at 15:37 #

great look but a bit bedroom like

11. robbie October 27, 2011 at 15:43 #

she looks amazing in this. the pucci was gorgeous though.

12. M October 27, 2011 at 16:08 #

she looks like shes wearing lingerie out…. n her shoes look as though shes bullying them… shes had far much better moments… n i believe she is soo much better than this….

13. Rebecca Z October 27, 2011 at 16:13 #

This is much better. I agree up to a point with the lingerie comments above, but at least it doesn’t have lace edging. then it would really look like lingerie.

14. allieh October 27, 2011 at 16:19 #

The dress is perfect for the launch of Body. That said she looks like she lost too much weight! When did that happen?

15. Jones19 October 27, 2011 at 16:36 #

The unforgiving satin fabric isn’t even kind to the likes of Rosie, she looks pregnant…sad because this could have been a smashing look.

16. Donna October 27, 2011 at 16:40 #

Her hair and make-up are perfect, and I get the sexy and slinky feeling she was going for. But you have to bring life into a very simple choice of dress to have that extra oomph (see: Amber Heard). Because my eyes nearly glazed pass the picture until I realized it was Rosie.

17. Kiran October 27, 2011 at 17:10 #

Sorry FC did I say something wrong? because you removed my comment. Thanks xx

• Fashion Critic October 27, 2011 at 17:16 #

which comment. I don’t remove comments

• Kiran October 27, 2011 at 17:19 #

Must have been a technical glitch. Was worried I said something innapropriate (which I’m pretty sure I didn’t lol). Nevermind, I’ll repost! :)

18. lifeisdolce October 27, 2011 at 17:42 #

i like rosie, but i’m so tired of this same formula. the dress has either a cut-out back, plunging neckline, or a high slit, or all three. usually made out of satin or silk dressed with wavy hair and nude make up. she doesn’t need a new stylist, she needs inspiration.

19. mattison October 27, 2011 at 17:57 #

I actually like it. Wearing a Carrie-style naked dress to a Body event seems totally appropriate to me, plus I really like her hair when it’s wavy and voluminous like this.

20. Jen October 27, 2011 at 17:58 #

Not a fan. The fit or the fabric makes her look lumpy and the bodice is doing weird things to her chest. And she’s all one color. She’s done so much better.

• Nat39 October 27, 2011 at 20:27 #

The biggest flaw here for me is not that it looks like lingerie but the FIT of the bodice – AWFUL!!! One of the most unflattering I`ve ever seen!

21. molly October 27, 2011 at 18:35 #

I dont like how wide the plunge is and I hate the morning after hair. Its a nice dress, but the whole look looks like she just came from her boyfriends house and stopped by the red carpet on her way home :)

22. Parvati October 28, 2011 at 00:00 #

This is definitely better than the Emilio Pucci look, but still, it’s nothing to get excited about.

23. Jazz October 28, 2011 at 01:17 #

she just oozes sex appeal and glamour. even her sexiest looks drip with sophistication. i love it

24. pipsqueak October 29, 2011 at 17:18 #

I’ve been underwhelmed by this girl, especially her sleepy face, which is well matched by this “satin night gown” here. But she’s the prefect marketing tool for Burberry – a British girl yet her commercial and global appeal is on the rise thanks to a big-budget Hollywood movie, and she’s smart enough to say the right things on TV interviews.