Olivia Palermo was on hand to help one of her favourite designers, Giambattista Valli, launch his Macy’s Impluse collection at the Herald Square store in New York City yesterday.

She was of course wearing a look from the Giambattista Valli for Macy’s Impulse collection.

Her velvet burnt-out black strapless dress with a grosgrain waistband was teamed with a military-inspired blazer and a gold belt.

She mixed her metals by added silver Zara brogues, a silver pendant necklace and a silver sequined Mango shoulder bag which she carried as a clutch.

You can shop the whole 37-piece Giambattista Valli for Macy’s Impulse collection right now over at macy’s.com.

Credit: Getty

Heidi Klum In Versace - 2011 TeenNick Halo Awards

Heidi Klum In Versace – 2011 TeenNick Halo Awards

Solange Knowles - Burberry Body Launch Event

Solange Knowles – Burberry Body Launch Event

12 Responses to Olivia Palermo In Giambattista Valli for Macy’s Impulse – Giambattista Valli for Macy’s Impulse Launch Event

1. cheryl October 27, 2011 at 13:22 #

she seems to pull together her random choices perfectly all the time. ALL THE TIME. and shes pretty. life is unfair.

• maria October 27, 2011 at 15:45 #

i totally agree. It looks divine. She has such a great personal style and you can see that she is always very sure of her choices and projects them well.

2. DivaDebbi (Beauty & Fashion Blog) October 27, 2011 at 13:27 #

It’s a bit scattered. Get me to that website stat!
    Adorbs! Looks better than the Lagerfeld.

3. Emi October 27, 2011 at 14:04 #

I like the way she’s dressed but I would take off the necklace, it’s too long considering that she has the belt.

4. Eva October 27, 2011 at 14:09 #

I bet those shoes are from zara, they got the same ones.

5. Rebecca Z October 27, 2011 at 16:16 #

Too busy this time. I agree that she should ditch the necklace, and I hate the shoes.

6. Jones19 October 27, 2011 at 17:25 #

How does she make everything look chic?

7. molly October 27, 2011 at 18:43 #

She should have just left the look as the dress, clutch, and shoes. Everything else has got to go.

On a second note, Im so excited for this collection! Im going to have to invest in that printed coat you have pictured :)

8. Amanda October 27, 2011 at 19:38 #

In my life i love brogues but usually when I see them on this site I can agree that they don’t go with the red carpet outfit but I am in love with these silver ones and need them asap! (although prob can’t justify the price)

9. pipsqueak October 29, 2011 at 21:57 #

She looks perfect – masculin feminin! I’m not exactly her fan, but she moved up a few notches in my book after I saw her as a guest judge on Project Runway. She definitely knows style and has a clear POV. She’s also direct, speaking her mind and not sugarcoating her critique, which I really like.