Salma Hayek In Antonio Berardi & Gucci – Late Show with David Letterman

Salma Hayek’s non-stop promotion of her new movie ‘Puss In Boots’ took her to the Ed Sullivan Theater in New York City for a guest appearance on the ‘Late Show with David Letterman’.

This time she donned an Antonio Berardi Resort 2012 dress.

The first thing to come to mind when I saw her in this olive-green dress is that it’s just too tight for Salma. The second was: ‘hasn’t she evolved past this look?’

What she gives with one hand she continues to take away with the other.

Her promo tour has been frustratingly inconsistent.

When this tour is over, I really hope she works to find a style that works for her.

Whilst she doesn’t have to cover up, there is a more sophisticated way to display one’s assets and it isn’t squeezing into a dress one or two sizes too small.

I’m sure that seam is supposed to sit under the bust.

Whether she likes it or not, I expect more from her as the first lady of fashion.

Her second look as she left the Ed Sullivan Theater was more like it.

She wore a red Gucci Resort 2012 coat with four gold buttons an oversized pocket detail.

Caramel Sergio Rossi ‘Uptown’ pumps and a black bag completed her look.

Credit: Style.com, INFDaily & Fame Pictures

Zendaya Coleman In Peter Pilotto - Pre-BET Awards Dinner

Zendaya Coleman In Peter Pilotto – Pre-BET Awards Dinner

Olivia Wilde In J. Mendel & David Szeto - Glamour Reel Moments Premiere & The New Em(power)ment Luncheon

Olivia Wilde In J. Mendel & David Szeto – Glamour Reel Moments Premiere & The New Em(power)ment Luncheon

25 Responses to Salma Hayek In Antonio Berardi & Gucci – Late Show with David Letterman

1. Zee October 26, 2011 at 12:10 #

come on Salma, really? don’t you see how cheap that looks on the mirror… you don’t need to be a fashion or style expert to realize that.

2. Jess2 October 26, 2011 at 12:15 #

I completely agree with everything you said FC. The olive green is way to hoochy in the bust area and too tight. Also, I’m not a big fan of the colour. I do love the Gucci coat and Sergio Rossi pumps

3. Betty Brandenburg October 26, 2011 at 12:17 #

The problem is that these dresses are not made for girls with big boobs! The dress looks like it fits everywhere else. I blame the tailor.

4. alannah October 26, 2011 at 12:20 #

I actually don’t know how she does manage to pile them in.. I know i’ve started to try dresses on before & when it starts to get too tight when I’m doing up a zip around the bust etc I just have to give up because theres no way i’m going to get into that without busting the zip! (& I’m not even big busted like busty laroux over here)
    & secondly.. don’t they feel a bit crass when their bust looks like this? I would feel really cheap even though I was wearing really expensive clothing.
    Disappointing really.

5. Jones19 October 26, 2011 at 12:25 #

I feel for Salma, I’m the same way as in my chest doesn’t fit into the same size as the rest of my body so it’s hard to find something that’s a good fit. Love that red coat, so pretty.

• maria October 26, 2011 at 17:20 #

i understand that it’s hard for busty girls, but Selma has a fashion emporium at her beck and call, so it is possible for her to find something that fits her better or that works better with her size.

• Jones19 October 26, 2011 at 17:29 #

I agree, it should be easier for her to get clothes tailored to fit her. My point was just that designers very rarely account for the fact that women have boobs at all, let alone large ones. :)

6. robbie October 26, 2011 at 12:29 #

the antonio berardi dress would have been so good had it her better, the gucci coat is too die for.

7. Parvati October 26, 2011 at 12:56 #

Awful… This dress is sooooo tight on her and the way it squashes her boobs looks just tacky. Instead of flattering her curves, it ends up making her look really bad. I hope this will teach her to buy her normal size and not 2 sizes smaller.

The Gucci look, on the other hand, is very nice.

8. bee7 October 26, 2011 at 13:02 #

it looks like she can barely lift her hands up. the coat, on the other hand, is beyond gorgeous

9. Martin October 26, 2011 at 13:24 #

I think the actual problem is that she is “the first lady of fashion.” Being married to the chief executive of luxury fashion conglomerate PPR, Francois-Henri Pinault, means that she has access to looks from every label that his company owns (Gucci, Bottega, YSL, Balenciaga, McQueen etc.).

Instead of sticking to what works for her and her shape and what is flattering and fashionable, perhaps she feels under some pressure to showcase different designers and different looks and it is this fact that has led to her all-too-frequent fashion missteps. Just a theory, but I think it has some merit. How else to explain how she can veer from the sublime to the ridiculous in the space of two looks?

10. Julie October 26, 2011 at 13:25 #

Love love love that Gucci coat. However, the dress wouldn’t be bad if it fit her properly in the chest area.

11. dee October 26, 2011 at 13:27 #

The red Gucci is fantastic but the teal dress is tragic. Salma has such a great figure but she needs to learn how to dress it.

12. DivaDebbi (Beauty & Fashion Blog) October 26, 2011 at 13:36 #

The dress is ridiculously bad; she looks like a Jersey Shore castmate. David must have had a field day!

Adore the red coat! Very Carla Bruni Sarkozy. That”s more like it.

She needs her highlights refreshed. She looks like she is wearing a black beanie.

13. Nat October 26, 2011 at 13:57 #

I look at the first outfit and I wonder how she could ever breath in it. Ouch.
    It’s a pity, because I would have really liked the dress, had it be of the right size.
    The Gucci coat is lovely, but it also has some size issues (although not major as with the dress)…see the lenght of the sleeves.
    I get it that it must not be easy for her to dress, as she has a petite figure but with boobs, however i think that not only she has access to a lot of possible brands/clothes, but also plenty of tailors able to help adjusting her outfits. ;-)

• Fashion Critic October 26, 2011 at 14:11 #

great point about the tailors

14. La Zitella October 26, 2011 at 14:28 #

The first thing I saw was….BOOBS. Then….mmmh, what? Ah, Salma.

All this sexy thing that she’s tryin to pull off is just so….. sad.

C’mon, we already have one sexy latina, you cannot beat J.Lo on her field.

15. TeaAtTwo October 26, 2011 at 14:43 #

Isn’t she promoting a kids film?

• Fashion Critic October 26, 2011 at 14:51 #

yep…

16. justme October 26, 2011 at 15:19 #

Salma has never had an amazing style. Just because she’s married to FHP doesn’t mean it’s going to change. You can have access to McQueen, Balenciage, Gucci, etc…, if you naturally like tacky stuff, you’re going to pick the tacky pieces in those houses.

• Ylenia Castellano October 26, 2011 at 21:52 #

+1 Shes like the official anti fashion icon.

17. Leti October 26, 2011 at 16:14 #

If not for the OTT cleavage, the first look would probably have been my favorite of his promo tour. She’s finally wearing open toed shoes, and I like the dress itself. It’s really unfortunate that she doesn’t take advantage of better tailoring–to that end she could probably have her cloths custom made!

18. Alina October 26, 2011 at 17:15 #

The second look is beautiful. I <3 that coat.

19. GGG October 26, 2011 at 20:19 #

Ugh, we get it Salma! You have big boobs. So over it.

20. Katie October 27, 2011 at 13:45 #

Classy is so much nicer on her!