Rebecca Hall In Marios Schwab – ‘The Awakening’ London Film Festival Premiere

Rebecca Hall is the latest star to brave a cold night in the capital wearing a Spring 2012 dress.

This evening she walked the red carpet at the Vue West End for the London Film Festival premeire for ‘The Awakening’.

My first thought was that Rebecca is a bit too vanilla to pull off this Marios Schwab Spring 2012 halter mini dress, especially with the runway shoes.

But on reflection I happy that she wore the runway shoes instead Brian Atwood ‘Maniac’ pumps – I think we’ve seen enough of those today.

The only thing that this look really needed was a super sleek high ponytail to give it an edge.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

23 thoughts on “Rebecca Hall In Marios Schwab – ‘The Awakening’ London Film Festival Premiere

1. Nat39

This may look fine on the runway but on her it`s really BAD. She is so vanilla, indeed, can`t possibly pull it off. Really really bad.

2. Jess

haha she is totally vanilla….and I think she knows it, she does look a little awkward. there’s nothing ‘wrong’ per se about the look, it just doesn’t feel right on her

3. maria

this will sound bad, because she has such a great body, but i feel that the pattern makes everybody look wide, so you have to be fairly small to pull it off. Like a Zoe Saldana body type.

1. sabrina

+1 she’s not big by any means but the pattern, it’s like horizontal stripes, which will not go away!

4. Parvati

I agree that a high ponytail would’ve suited the outfit better and the dress is OK, but I don’t really like the runway shoes with this length of the dress. If the dress was a bit shorter, I think they would have looked much better.

5. Carolina

er, no. Cool dress, questionable execution. It might have helped to have different shoes. This is one of those ‘dress wearing the person’ deals, I think.

6. Lori

The main problem is those shoes. Good on you FC for applauding her bravery, but being brave does not need to mean being stumpfied. Those shoes interrupt the line of her leg too high to be flattering.

1. Jen

Stumpified is the exact word I was going to type! I love the dress, but the length plus the hideous shoes are not doing her any favors.

7. msd

She’s a beautiful young woman but this doesn’t suit her at all. (I wouldn’t call her vanilla, though, she just seems more classic than modern). And while the shoes are interesting, they’re just adding to the problem by taking even more length off the legs.

8. Jess2

this is a big miss for me. I think she lacks the edge needed to pull it off, like others have said she is too vanilla for it. the shoes hurt my eyes.
    (on a side note, I notice another Jess here so i’m going to change to Jess2 so we can each express our individual style, likes and dislikes x)

9. Jen

I’m not sure if it’s just not her dress, or if she just needs to wear different shoes. The shoes are at minumum stumpifying her.