Elle Fanning In Valentino – 15th Annual Hollywood Film Awards Gala

Elle Fanning attended the 15th Annual Hollywood Film Awards Gala in Beverly Hills yesterday evening.

The teen actress opted for a Valentino Spring 2012 dress – our first look at this collection on the red carpet.

Her nude cotton-lace floor-length short-sleeve dress with embroidered details was just the right length for the young star.

My problem with this look is that she’s wearing yet another nude dress.

I would’ve loved to have seen her in something more colourful and less aging from this collection.

On this occasion her hairstyle also lets her down.

Gold Valentino sandals completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

30 thoughts on “Elle Fanning In Valentino – 15th Annual Hollywood Film Awards Gala

1. Terry

I love everything about this outfit – the dress is magnificent, the hairstyle is fantastic (I love braids!) – but for some reason it doesn’t work on her. It’s probably the colour of the dress or its cut .

2. Jess

no no no no!! ok yes the length is good but that’s it. the hair is not good. It all detracts from her pretty face. I do like the soft pink colour on the model.

3. bee7

i think elle is trying to replicate freja’s look ( the hair) but it doesnt work for her. plus, the dress is pretty, but the colour is washed her out. freja looks so much better

4. Lauren

The dress isn’t my favourite but I could probably live with it if it wasn’t for the hair… it ages her so much

5. Martin

This look is the very definition of Fanning’s style rut. I don’t know who is styling this girl but they need to encourage her to expand her horizons. This nude, ethereal, princessy Valentino thing that she has had going on for months and months now is getting so old. Literally and metaphorically. And the less said about that hair, the better …

6. Natalie

the dress is gorgeous, but it doesn’t work on her probably because her skintone is so washed out. Also, the blonde hair isn’t helping. I can barely see her features at all.

7. Jen

Wow. Comparing this to the candids of her the other day in that schoolgirl type outfit … hard to believe it’s the same girl. This is horrible.

8. Lucía

I think this dress is made for someone older. It wasn’t meant to be for someone this young. Plus the color and the hair doesn’t suit her either.

9. Rory

It’s so literal. So costumey. It looks like she stepped out of Romeo and Juliet…in a bad way. The make up fails as well. Girl..you are too shiny.

10. Joy

You can’t do that dress with this makeup and hair. It’s just all way too nude and her makeup is simply horrible with this look. Completely lets the beauty of this Valentino down.

11. Raquel

It´s dress a beautiful dress, but on her… and with that hairstyle…It seems she´s wearing a costume.

12. Hannah

She always has such flawless makeup, so I ahve to say that. Howeve,r I really detest the rest of this look. I hated the dress to begin with, teh whoel of the valentino collections since Faccinetti, give or take 3 or 4 looks, has been dowdy and samey and boring, imo, and I really wish that Elle would move on, because this is just way too little house on the prairie, the dress actually looks like it i smade out of curtains. I also wish that she would change her posing just a tad, because not movings one’s arms does absolutely othing to help any look, particularly this one.

13. Red

Hmm I agree that she doesn’t look the best here but think it’s really the hair and makeup letting her down

I don’t think that dressing conservative should be laughed at. Once upon a time modesty was a virtue