Salma Hayek In Salvatore Ferragamo – ‘Puss In Boots’ Texas Premiere

It was a very busy weekend for Salma Hayek and her co-star Antonio Banderas as the second stop on the promotional tour for ‘Puss In Boots’ took them to Grapevine, Texas.

For the premiere, Salma wore a Salvatore Ferragamo Resort 2012 look.

Her midnight-blue silk halter top, which was decorated with Swarovski crystal embroidery, was paired with midnight-blue wide-legged silk pants with gold buttons.

I love this look on Salma. I have to say it’s one of my favourite looks from her in a long while.

Whilst she has been a great ambassador for the Gucci Group, I’m glad to see that she’s not limited to just those brands, which I’m sure we all assumed was the case.

A half-up, half-down hairstyle completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Robert Steffenino

Tinie Tempah In Neil Barrett - The Q Awards 2011

Tinie Tempah In Neil Barrett – The Q Awards 2011

Keira Knightley In Roksanda Ilincic - 'A Dangerous Method' London Film Festival Premiere

Keira Knightley In Roksanda Ilincic – ‘A Dangerous Method’ London Film Festival Premiere

16 Responses to Salma Hayek In Salvatore Ferragamo – ‘Puss In Boots’ Texas Premiere

1. Nat39 October 24, 2011 at 19:14 #

Lovely color on her but the overly wide pants are a bad choice for her as she is too short to pull them off.

• molly October 24, 2011 at 19:26 #

Agreed.
      I love the top, but I dont like the pants. If they were a slimmer pant, this would be amazing on her, but she should have left the pants for someone taller.

• Jones19 October 24, 2011 at 22:01 #

She’s not pulling off the pants, I agree. It’s a shame since this is such a gorgeous outfit. I’d love to see it on someone taller.

2. justme October 24, 2011 at 19:19 #

Maybe it’s the angle but those pants look unflattering.

3. maria October 24, 2011 at 19:29 #

i like this look a lot. it emphasizes her tiny waist. great colour. I think midnight blue suits everybody.

4. Elena October 24, 2011 at 19:35 #

I love Banderas!!!

5. dee October 24, 2011 at 19:37 #

Not bad but I think she can look better.

6. Parvati October 24, 2011 at 19:50 #

I really like this look! And what I found more shocking is that the pants don’t appear to be too long on her (considering the latest “trend”)!

7. Afum October 24, 2011 at 21:00 #

I like!

8. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) October 24, 2011 at 21:37 #

Top half including hair and makeup is great. The runway pant looks soft and effortless, what’s with the crease on Salma’s pants?

9. Karen October 24, 2011 at 21:59 #

I find that most of her choices are not flattering on her body type. Considering she’s the first lady of high fashion, she (or her people) can do a better job of customizing each runway look that would better showcase her assets.

• gurlygurl October 25, 2011 at 00:13 #

I agree.. for me she’s at her best in an evening gown. When she’s more casual I question her choices. Having said that I don’t mind this on her because it does accentuate her tiny waist and the trouser looks almost skirt like. It definitely is one of her better choices even though I prefer those trousers on a taller woman. There seems to be a better balance between her chest and hips than usual and the color is beautiful. It’s an outfit I’d love to own!

10. mol October 24, 2011 at 22:10 #

I’m with you F.C. – this is one of my favorite looks on her in awhile. I think she tailored the pants to the perfect length and I quite like the wide leg as it is done here. I also love navy blue on her.

11. mari October 25, 2011 at 02:32 #

I think the ironed line helps create the ilusion of height on Salma. This colour is so nice on her. She is so tiny and with her figure it’s difficult for her to find the best outfits.

12. Jess October 25, 2011 at 06:47 #

love the top but I’m not a fan of the way the pants are siting with the crease/pleat thing, I like the fluidity of the pants on the runway better. She looks great though.

13. Tahj October 25, 2011 at 18:48 #

I love this look but it would be best on someone leggy and tall like Charlize Theron or Robin Wright, not someone short and curvy like Salma.