24.10.11

Rodeo Drive Walk of Style Award Honoring Iman And Missoni Red Carpet Round Up

Here is a roundup of the rest of the looks from the Rodeo Drive Walk of Style Awards Honoring Iman And Missoni, which took place in Beverly Hills, California on Sunday evening.

Gabrielle Union: The actress wore a beautiful pink ombre Missoni v-neck gown. The two downsides are that she posed on the runway with her hands in her pockets and that her foundation is too light for her complexion.

Sofia Vegara: The buxom babe looked very elegant in her blue zigzag-print Missoni dress. The dress is a tad too long, but looks stunning nonetheless. Soft, tumbling curls and a coral stone cuff with matching earrings completed her look.

Alessandra Ambrosio: Usually you can rely on supermodels to wow on the red carpet. Unfortunately that was not the case on this occasion. I’m not fond of Alessandra’s sleeveless red turtleneck, which is a shame because I love her shimmering striped skirt. I would’ve preferred this look as a striped v-neck gown.

Margherita Missoni: I’ve always loved Margherita’s style, but there is just too much going on with this look. The clashing prints I can handle, but the choker and necklace are two items too many for this look.

Mena Suvari: The blonde actress went against the grain and opted for a simple textured black strapless LBD. The only pop of colour came via her turquoise earrings which matched the stones in her bracelets.

Jessica Lowndes: The ‘90210’ star added something different to the occasion. Her neon yellow, white, black and grey Diane von Furstenberg Resort 2012 dress seemed totally out of sync with the theme of this event. It’s almost like she didn’t get the memo.

[nggallery id=1018]
Credit: Alex J. Berliner/ABImages

Lea Michele In Luca Luca - Mohegan Sun 15th Anniversary

Lea Michele In Luca Luca – Mohegan Sun 15th Anniversary

Tinie Tempah In Neil Barrett - The Q Awards 2011

Tinie Tempah In Neil Barrett – The Q Awards 2011

15 Responses to Rodeo Drive Walk of Style Award Honoring Iman And Missoni Red Carpet Round Up

1. Emi October 24, 2011 at 18:31 #

Mena Suvari is my favorite, I love A. Ambrosio’s skirt the turtleneck is nonsense. Wait… is that Margherita Missoni or is her grandmother? Honestly, I really dislike her style, she’s always messy. She’s considered and it-girl only because of her last name, as many others.

2. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) October 24, 2011 at 18:58 #

FC, Im with you across the board.
    Thought Mena was a toned down Anna Farris for a sec.

3. jen October 24, 2011 at 19:02 #

vergara looks good, but i m having such a de ja vu. this dress is almost the same or even completely the same but in diff colour from the missoni one she wore to smurfs premiere. ergo boring.

4. Kaylie October 24, 2011 at 19:08 #

Love Gabrielle Union’s dress! Shame about the makeup.

The belt on Jessica Lowndes’ dress ruins the look for me. I really liked it on the model! Oh well.

5. maria October 24, 2011 at 19:34 #

i agree with everything you posted.

I love the Missoni pieces, but the red turtleneck has to go.
    Mena looks good but a bit snoozeville and M. Missoni looks ridiculous.

6. Parvati October 24, 2011 at 19:46 #

My favourite here is Gabrielle Union. I think she looks gorgeous in this dress and I don’t mind that she posed with her hands in the pockets. It gives a relaxed vibe, without looking too casual, for me.

Margherita Missoni is the most disappointing. She usually represents the brand successfully, but here, she looks like a hot mess. The fact that this was a Missoni event makes her choice look even weirder.

I was also quite disappointed by Alessandra Ambrosio. I expected a much better look from her.

7. Dhppy October 24, 2011 at 20:00 #

Sofia Vergara is always stunning.

If only Margherita had left all of the black accessories off. It may have looked more Spring than Fall, but the dress calls for a light embellishments.

8. Thomas J Monks October 24, 2011 at 20:33 #

Love Sofia Vergara she is the only one who can really make me love something by missioni and isn’t Jessica wearing BCBG???

9. Jones19 October 24, 2011 at 22:04 #

Gabrielle Union is my favorite here. Love her.

10. Hannah October 24, 2011 at 22:37 #

Sofia’s reminds me just too much of the missoni she wore to the smurf’s premiere, although she and Alexis Bledel are the two best dressed that I have seen. I think Alessabdra was going for off-best, and I appreciate that she didn’t go all out sexy as all the other vs models od, which is aboring by now, great though they always look but that top is just way too sad for the gorgeous skirt. Also, because it is more or less the same, sans sweater, as what Joy Bryant wore to the met gala, it is too deja vu.

11. noo October 25, 2011 at 00:06 #

Even though everybody thinks of the smurfs premiere when they see sofia, i think that this is a different take because it’s a more pronounced print which rocks on sofia, she looks stunning imo :D

12. gurlygurl October 25, 2011 at 00:15 #

Gabrielle Union get my vote. STUNNING!!!! I want that dress and she’s so gosh darn beautiful!

13. CreoleLady October 25, 2011 at 09:08 #

Although I’m liking all sorts of prints recently, I’ve not had much love for Missoni. Sofia Vergara is helping me see otherwise. Funny, I did not get the deja vu some others expressed here. The silhouette may be the same but the print is so different that the look is fresh for me.

Also must echo the love for Alessandra’s skirt. Those luscious colors…!

14. Jackie October 26, 2011 at 04:20 #

Oh hello there tree trunks. I almost didn’t see you guys there – NOT. Nice shoes Jessica (what the…)

15. Jessicamakeupartist April 15, 2012 at 19:11 #

How is that “light”, Ive seen people wear lighter foundations.
    In general,I disagree with telling anyone how to wear their foundation,blush/powder/eyelin­eretc. Everyone has their own style. Many light people tend to go light/lighter or mix it with a luminzer to make themselves brighter/radiant/porcelin like. An example would be dita von teese, who stays out the sun to maintain her light skintone and wears light foundation. Others prefer to be dark/darker andsunbathe or use bronzer all over their skintone. Different people have different preferences. I hate bronzer. But maybe there is someone who loves that deep bronzed look. I cant go to them and say “dont go soo deep in the bronzer” and say its “constructive”. There are soo many different styles.who is anyone to tell someone theyre wearing a too light or too dark foundation, because there is no such thing. Nicole and Sam from pixiwoo(huge makeupartists in Britain) sometimes wear paler or darker foundation and it looks gorgeous! as long as people blend it to the neck its fine….some people prefer to look bright/light/white/porcelain/bronzed/darker/suunkissed and radiant. Live and let live! also, many people’s necks or faces are lighter/darker than other parts of their body! some people choose lighter or darker foundations in respect to that. leave it be.
    The dresses look nice and each woman looks LOVELY!