Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab – Tokyo Film Festival

When Fan Bingbing wore Jason Wu this weekend, there was a definite 50/50 like/dislike split as the actress tried a new look.

On two other occasions during the Tokyo Film Festival she wore Elie Saab Couture gowns.

The first was an Elie Saab Spring 2011 Couture gown.

Her stunning blush strapless floor-sweeping gown with floral embroidered details was worn with a superior elegance that only a few possess.

She opted for a dark pink lip colour to prevent her from appearing washed out.

The second Elie Saab Couture gown was from the recent Fall 2011 collection.

I love this midnight blue colour on Fan Bingbing. It’s not often we see her wearing dark colours.

This v-neck gown shimmers with subtle, embellished details.

Both looks were styled with Cartier jewels.

It’s only early on Monday and we already have three gorgeous looks from Fan Bingbing.

Which is your favourite so far?

Credit: Style.com

Wish-List Wednesday

Wish-List Wednesday

Madonna In L'Wren Scott - ‘W.E.’ London Film Festival Premiere

Madonna In L’Wren Scott – ‘W.E.’ London Film Festival Premiere

45 Responses to Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab – Tokyo Film Festival

1. Parvati October 24, 2011 at 13:11 #

The blush Couture look is typical Fan Bing Bing. Personally, I’m getting tired of this style on her. The second look is much more refreshing, because, like you said, we aren’t used to seeing her in dark colours. I definitely prefer the blue gown on her.

• dee October 24, 2011 at 16:10 #

I was gonna say the same thing. I love Fan Bing Bing but I am growing tired of her in Elie Saab gowns and the princess looks.

• molly October 24, 2011 at 19:50 #

You took the words right out of my mouth. She looks great, but her style is starting to become boring. She is sort of like Taylor Swift, the sparkly princess dresses are nice at first, but then you start to get sick of them. If she didnt wear clothes so well, I would hate her :)
      The blue is my favorite.

2. roxana October 24, 2011 at 13:14 #

my favourite is the jason wu dress, and from these two the pink one.

3. Lana October 24, 2011 at 13:15 #

i wish i had such great opportunity to have dresses from Elie Saab

love midnight dress so much

4. QTB October 24, 2011 at 13:18 #

yes she looks good in these elie saab dresses…..but its formulaic she looks the same everytime, the dresses the hair the make up all so similar from look to look and its been going for months now…..for that reason i say jason wu for sure

5. Andreea October 24, 2011 at 13:28 #

Sorry but these looks cannot compete with the Jason Wu look.They are gorgeus dresses,but i preffer the whte and pink one.She looked stunning in it.

6. Irmina October 24, 2011 at 13:31 #

First dress is too long for her :)

7. sydneycheekychic October 24, 2011 at 13:49 #

I prefer the Jason Wu look..it’s hard to look bad in Elie Saab, but the Jason Wu look was a risk that paid off! Loved it!

8. jovi October 24, 2011 at 13:49 #

both dresses are PERFECT, PERFECT, PERFECT!!

9. anne October 24, 2011 at 13:57 #

I can’t imagine how someone could look bad in these dresses. They are simply stunning. But i do imagine them looking better on the red carpet with right lighting and i would have also liked it better if she had worn her hair up like the models and let the dresses do all the talking.

10. Alina October 24, 2011 at 14:09 #

OMG !!! I love ALL three of them. I can’t make a choice.

What’s your favourite,FC?

11. Jessica October 24, 2011 at 14:10 #

I prefer the second look overall, even though they are both stunning. Your right about the colour, it looks divine.

12. Jones19 October 24, 2011 at 14:18 #

I love both looks but compared to the runway the fall gown looks a little heavy. That’s only a minor nitpick since she looks so lovely in both.

13. fromchi-town October 24, 2011 at 14:36 #

I prefer the Jason Wu – because it was soo unique. These dresses are gorgeous, but I am getting tired of seeing them on Fan even if she looks beautiful. THe blush colored one – she has done it quite a few times before.

14. Cheryl October 24, 2011 at 14:36 #

I prefer Jason wu :)

15. Natalie October 24, 2011 at 14:38 #

I love all, but I think the Jason Wu one was the most captivating look. These are pretty standard from her… standard from her is of course, gorgeous

16. Vidhya October 24, 2011 at 15:02 #

I’m not tired of seeing her in Elie Saab.. but I did love the twist she gave in Jason Wu.. The blush Elie Saab is just absolute fashion heaven..

17. Quinn October 24, 2011 at 15:08 #

i wish she’d wore her hair up for both of these dresses. nway, my vote goes to the Jason Wu look!!

18. Gaber October 24, 2011 at 15:24 #

The Fall look is pretty darn fantastic!

19. D October 24, 2011 at 15:38 #

jason wu.
    a bit tired of fan’s princese look…..

20. Rory October 24, 2011 at 15:58 #

Am I the only one getting tired of this formula. Ok…we get it now. She seems to have a monopoly on Elie Saab Couture and I’m wishing the brand would spread the wealth. Not saying it’s not perfect and gorgeous…but we’ve seen this 10 BILLION times from her.

• olivia October 24, 2011 at 16:47 #

• Regina October 24, 2011 at 17:27 #

Rory, I could not agree more. So she has access to the whole Elie Saab wardrobe and she chooses a different one every day. Yawn.

21. maria October 24, 2011 at 16:43 #

The Jason Wu followed by the midnight blue gown.

22. dunzoo October 24, 2011 at 16:58 #

i’m geting bored… always same hairstyle/facila epression/make up/princess dresses.. plus these 2 gowns make her look heavier than she actually is, they look so good on the models

23. Nat October 24, 2011 at 16:59 #

Beautiful. Although of course one could argue that we have seen this before.

I prefer the second gown; as someone said, the blush one looks a little long on her.
    I’m amazed by how the colour of the second gown looks different from the runway shot. It was so bright on the runway, while the one Fan is wearing almost looks grey, :-/

24. Jess October 24, 2011 at 17:13 #

I don’t see the problem with her always wearing Elie Saab gowns, she obviously loves wearing them and must feel so good in them, plus we get the chance to see some fabulous gowns off the runway. I prefer the blush gown on her, but the blue looks amazing on the catwalk.

• Nat39 October 24, 2011 at 18:44 #

Ditto. Let the “champ of couture dressing” do her job.
      The blush one is my fav. of all 3 looks – looks and works best for her.

25. Giuseppi Giraffe October 24, 2011 at 17:30 #

Fairy princess!

26. DREW October 24, 2011 at 18:55 #

Same thing… anyone could wear this and look awesome. BORING

27. Emma October 24, 2011 at 19:49 #

She ruined two of my absolute favorite dresses from that show. They’re too long, her hair looks awful and detracts from the gowns, and she makes gorgeous and exciting gowns hang there in the most boring way possible.

28. Umi October 24, 2011 at 21:46 #

Even though I like the blue Elie Saab dress a lot, I gotta go with Jason Wu. She really surprised me there, in a good way.

29. Lils October 24, 2011 at 21:48 #

yawn, always the same

30. Armaghan October 24, 2011 at 22:55 #

STOP killing these gorgeous gowns please.She gave no life to these gowns.And the Hair had to be an Updo.

31. Amber October 24, 2011 at 23:35 #

Both gowns are gorgeous on her, but I like the blue one more. The color just suits her so well!

32. gurlygurl October 25, 2011 at 00:33 #

She’s my go to girl for evening gowns. She always looks amazing. Both dresses are great but I would have liked her hair up in the midnight blue so the blush dress gets my vote here. I love the side swept hair.

33. Nora October 25, 2011 at 05:26 #

Apparently, princess dress is the only look she can pull off. But looking stunning in those dresses with that make up on, which girl wouldn’t?
    She ruined that Jason Wu dress for me. If you’ve decided to do a princess look, why choose an edgy dress then make it look like an ordinary one?
    Besides, dose her facial expressions ever change? I’ve never seen any emotion else except that little smile. That girl reeally sparkled my eyes before, but now everything about her is just getting so boring.

34. Victoria October 25, 2011 at 06:48 #

The Jason Wu look of course! :D Although she looks amazing as always here too. :D

35. zoe October 25, 2011 at 21:20 #

don’t even bother with a poll. fan bingbing is the best dressed woman this week. no one else can compete this week.

36. Shaina October 26, 2011 at 03:42 #

I am loving her in the navy gown. It is beautiful on her. Her presence, when she looks this fantastic, must be breathtaking.

37. nana-leakhena November 5, 2011 at 01:16 #

Bingbing it so beautiful. I love her.

38. Dani November 6, 2011 at 21:09 #

Jason Wu was pretty ordinary; whereas Elie Saab are absolutely EXTRAORDINARY! Love both so much!