The promo tour for ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1′ kick-started in France with Ashley Greene and Rob Pattinson (in Dolce & Gabbana) attending the Paris premiere.

The actress wore a very sophisticated navy Givenchy Resort 2012 dress.

Her sculptural peplum dress was unfortunately paired with a Givenchy necklace from the Spring 2012 collection which totally ruins the look for me.

If the necklace was supposed to make her look a bit edgy, it didn’t work.

Black Givenchy accessories and wavy locks completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Freida Pinto In Ralph Lauren & Louis Vuitton - 'Trishna' London Film Festival Premiere & Photocall

Freida Pinto In Ralph Lauren & Louis Vuitton – ‘Trishna’ London Film Festival Premiere & Photocall

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior - 'Contagion’ Paris Premiere

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior – ‘Contagion’ Paris Premiere

28 Responses to Ashley Greene In Givenchy – ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1′ Paris Premiere

1. K October 24, 2011 at 09:55 #

Love the dress, but have to disagree a little – I think the necklace stopped the dress from looking too stiff/formal!

• Yaas October 24, 2011 at 16:16 #

Agreed

2. Vicky October 24, 2011 at 10:06 #

It’s going to be interesting to see the Twilight girls during this PR tour, hopefullt we can get at least a few BDOTW contenders.
    This is however not one, but it’s early days *fingers crossed*
    BTW is it not “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1″ not part 2?

3. Ylenia Castellano October 24, 2011 at 10:09 #

Totally agree. Very unfortunate accessorising. That necklace is so out of place and quite ugly on its own anyway. Such a shame, the dress is so gorgeous.

I guess Ashley stays on my try-hard list then.

4. Michelle October 24, 2011 at 10:14 #

I’m not sure about this dress, I actually liked that she added the necklace but the shape seems unflattering on her.

5. Jen October 24, 2011 at 10:31 #

The peplum looks … limp? Seems to ride lower on her than on the model – not very flattering. I’m also not a fan of navy and black together.

And the necklace just looks like a giant arrow pointing right to her crotch.

6. Jones19 October 24, 2011 at 10:36 #

That necklace adds nothing to the outfit, I would have liked this clean and crisp without heavy accessories.

7. Nat October 24, 2011 at 10:42 #

The necklace totally ruins this look.
    In any case, I think the dress looks better on the model, as the peplum sits too low on Ashley.

8. Jess October 24, 2011 at 11:18 #

I like the dress but not on her and the necklace isn’t great, it looks like it is supposed to be a lanyard or something. I would of liked to have seen the shape of the top section like can be seen on the model. But generally I don’t think the dress is very flattering on her, it makes her torso look the same width from top to bottom. I’m sure she will do better at the next event

• Fiona October 24, 2011 at 11:40 #

I agree totally. She could hang her backstage pass on that necklace. Also the shoes look like the ones that Julianne Moore insists on wearing at all times and don’t really flatter her the best.

• Hannah October 24, 2011 at 13:55 #

I thought it looked like a lanyard too, like some weird security pass. it doesn’t go at all with this look, which was blah to being with anyway, so all in all, not great.

9. Martin October 24, 2011 at 11:58 #

This dress is AMAZING, but I much prefer it on the model and in black rather than navy. The runway version has a stiffness and severity that I love, whereas the dress appears more than a little limp and lifeless on Ashley. Such a shame, because I think that this is a truly stunning piece. However, it loses all appeal for me on Ashley.

10. roxana October 24, 2011 at 12:14 #

the shoes and necklace don’t match

11. T from Sydney October 24, 2011 at 12:15 #

i want to love this dress but the dress not sitting on her well and the plum style and the pleats on the chest make her top half look huge

the shoes; the thick straps cut off her legs so it makes her legs look short and stumpy.

i like the necklace but it doesn’t suit the dress

this COULD have been a good look but it just wasn’t executed well. i love it on the model but terrible on Ashley

12. Parvati October 24, 2011 at 12:33 #

I don’t think the necklace ruins the look, but it definitely is unnecessary. Necklace aside, I really like this look.

13. Grace October 24, 2011 at 12:56 #

I don’t like this at all. The dress is unflattering on her, the necklace is unecessary and the shoes shortens her legs. The dress is amazing but I think it makes her look old. It’s too serious for her.

14. Andreea October 24, 2011 at 13:10 #

I like the dress,but that necklace makes it really not interresting.It ruined the charm.

15. Femme October 24, 2011 at 13:22 #

Ashley looks like a businesswoman visiting some kind of twilight convention: That necklace looks like a keycord! I don’t thinking that dress goes with her body type, such a shame cause she’s such a pretty girl!

16. Alina October 24, 2011 at 13:45 #

I looove this dress on the model. It’s unfortunate that it didn’t translate well on Ashley.

17. Julie October 24, 2011 at 15:16 #

I like the dress better on Ashley than the model, but I would have chosen different shoes and nixed the necklace.

18. molly October 24, 2011 at 19:56 #

I like the color but the dress is too tight. It makes her look twice her size. The shoes are awful and the necklace looks more like an ID tag. Dont even get me started on her “Yea, you wish you were me” face.

19. Mandy October 24, 2011 at 23:03 #

Ugh. NO.

20. mikeijames October 25, 2011 at 07:50 #

and thus my obsession with that shark tooth necklace begins…

21. Jackie October 26, 2011 at 04:39 #

Those tree trunks!!!!! I can’t take my eyes away. Can you guys stop it which the massive ankle straps?