Andrea Riseborough sported a brand new ‘do when she took to the red carpet during the London Film Festival last night for the ‘W.E.’ premiere.

The formerly raven-haired actress showed off her newly dyed blonde tresses wearing a Christian Dior Spring 2011 Couture gown.

Her previous Dior Couture gown took our breath away, but I’m not having that same feeling on this occasion.

Whilst I prefer the runway version of this gown, Andrea’s military-style navy-and-nude tulle gown is more befitting to the fall season.

A whipsy updo, black satin peep-toes and an embellished clutch completed her look.

Which look do you prefer?

Runway or red carpet?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Diane Kruger In Chanel - 'The Host' New York Screening

Diane Kruger In Chanel – ‘The Host’ New York Screening

Salma Hayek In Bottega Veneta - 'Puss In Boots' LA Premiere

Salma Hayek In Bottega Veneta – ‘Puss In Boots’ LA Premiere

22 Responses to Andrea Riseborough In Christian Dior Couture – ‘W.E.’ London Film Festival Premiere

1. Fiona October 24, 2011 at 11:37 #

I like her new hair colour, and the dress is nice but it lacks the drama of the runway version. The dress demands more of a stylised look for makeup in my opinion to have the wow factor. This is too watered down and needs jewellery too – why do so many not wear jewellery and end up looking so bare?

• Jones19 October 24, 2011 at 14:32 #

I’m with you all the way. She looks like she’s playing dress up. The gown works so well on the runway because of the gorgeous styling.

2. Mick October 24, 2011 at 11:44 #

Runway all the way. Andrea’s look is a hot mess. She hasn’t the charisma to pull off those couture looks.

3. Martin October 24, 2011 at 12:05 #

My eyes, my poor eyes! And THIS is how you destroy John Galliano’s Dior couture. There is simply no comparison between the runway version and that which Riseborough so unfortunately sported on the red carpet.

This dress is missing all the essential components that make a couture gown truly great: lightness, immaculate construction and precision in execution. The navy and nude does not work for me at all and lends the gown a heaviness that I do not believe conveys the essence of this truly amazing collection. The bodice does not appear as though it is fitted properly and the gradation of the tulle in the skirt is almost completely lost here. This is one of the saddest red carpet moments of the year for me. An unmitigated failure.

• GusMex October 24, 2011 at 15:22 #

is a shame, such an amazing galliano collection for Dior, BTW, i miss Galliano a lot

• dee October 24, 2011 at 16:00 #

I miss him too. This was my favorite look from this collection and she ruined it.

4. Natalie October 24, 2011 at 12:16 #

I think it doesn’t matter whether it’s fall or spring, she should have stuck to the original gown, which is so magical on its own. The navy makes the beige tulle look dirty and unrecognizable and the military components cheapen the entire gown and like Martin said, makes the gown look heavy. Also I don’t know why she dyed her hair, she’s always been known for her pale, pale skin that’s really brought out by her raven hair. I’m sad about this look. I actually do think she looks great, but it isn’t a wow moment at all.

5. Jess October 24, 2011 at 12:25 #

runway for sure. the dark navy over nude doesn’t work as well as the baby blue over nude…. plus the button detail is nowhere near as nice as the floral embellishment.

6. Chanel October 24, 2011 at 12:27 #

The dress was so heavy on her.

7. Emi October 24, 2011 at 12:52 #

I think that this version is so different from the runway’s that making a comparison is quite impossible. I consider them two different gowns. The runway version has light colors, the flowers make it romantic while Andrea’s version is nonsense, I don’t understand its military style, the colors are quite ugly together. It’s not a miss for her, it’s a miss for Dior.

8. Parvati October 24, 2011 at 13:04 #

I definitely prefer the runway version. Andrea Risenborough’s version doesn’t really seem like Couture to me. I really think she should have worn the runway version, but then again, this gown demands a glamorous red carpet, like the Oscars or Cannes Film Festival.

9. Alina October 24, 2011 at 14:02 #

Def. the runway dress.

10. Julie October 24, 2011 at 15:16 #

This is a hot mess.

11. Rory October 24, 2011 at 16:00 #

disaster.

12. Yaas October 24, 2011 at 16:12 #

For me the red carpet version (well maybe because I love military style). The runway version is too sweet with that baby blue color …

13. justme October 24, 2011 at 16:29 #

Catastrophe!

14. maria October 24, 2011 at 16:34 #

i like both dresses, but i find the one on the red carpet not well fitted and that bothers me. I only see creases and bumps.

15. Sharon October 24, 2011 at 18:49 #

The runway dress is so lovely. I would have worn a totally different dress rather than make changes to such a wonderful design.

16. Carmen SanDiego October 24, 2011 at 21:58 #

Ohhh, this surprised me. It really did. A WOW moment. Definitely prefer these colors for fall. I find the runway version too fairytale/princess. This color choice is slow-simmered and rich. I love this.

17. gurlygurl October 25, 2011 at 00:39 #

I love this on the runway. Something about that blue and nude pairing makes my heart skip a beat. The red lip and dramatic eye just reminds me of old school glamour. Andreas version loses the shape of the dress for some reason, it looks untidy and the fit does not hug in all the right places. She could have done with a bold red lip as well. It’s just not cutting it for me overall.

18. Fer October 25, 2011 at 12:33 #

That dress was my favorite one from that Christian Dior collection,i can’t believe how they totally destroyed it.