Who Wore Giorgio Armani Better? Gwen Stefani or Angela Bassett

This year Gwen Stefani attended her first Cannes Film Festival as a L’Oreal girl.

She grace the red carpet at the premiere for ‘This Must Be The Place’ wearing a Giorgio Armani Spring 2011 gown.

Her chic white silk gown with a black asymmetrical strap and an opening just above the waist was teamed with tri-colour Christian Louboutin peep-toes and a red clutch.

Angela Bassett wore the same dress to the Multicultural Benefit Gala to celebrate ‘An Evening of Many Cultures’ at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City last month.

She finished off her look with a sleek bob, a black clutch and black peep-toes.

This is a hard one for me because I didn’t like Gwen’s heavy eye makeup, but I preferred her accessories and I loved the red lips, so she eventually wins for me.

If you can’t make up your mind, click on the image above to see more pictures of these ladies in their Giorgio Armani dress.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

In Kristin Cavallari's Closet - Funktional Mayan Draped Cardigan, Jimmy Choo Suede Ankle Boots & Z Spoke by Zac Posen Bag

In Kristin Cavallari’s Closet – Funktional Mayan Draped Cardigan, Jimmy Choo Suede Ankle Boots & Z Spoke by Zac Posen Bag

Amanda Seyfried In Prabal Gurung - 'In Time' LA Premiere

Amanda Seyfried In Prabal Gurung – ‘In Time’ LA Premiere

16 Responses to Who Wore Giorgio Armani Better? Gwen Stefani or Angela Bassett

1. Anne October 21, 2011 at 11:54 #

The makeup completely ruins Gwen’s look so I had to go for Angela. Do like it better with the hair up like Gwen did though.

2. robbie October 21, 2011 at 12:17 #

angela for me.

3. Hannah October 21, 2011 at 13:36 #

Angela for me, teh makeup adn hair ruined it for Gwen, plus the fact that I don’t liek the overbearing whiteness on her skin tone, it’s almost washing her out. I adore the colour on Anegla’s skin, I adore her hair, everything is beautiful and elegant with her (minus the peeking-out bra). Easily Angela.

• Parvati October 21, 2011 at 22:15 #

I agree with everything you said!

4. From Russia With Love October 21, 2011 at 14:13 #

I’m a big Armani fan and a devoted customer for years BUT this dress is just bad… Oh God… That additional pair of boobs looks so wrong.

5. Jones19 October 21, 2011 at 14:16 #

This dress was made for Gwen so I gotta go with her.

6. DivaMom October 21, 2011 at 16:51 #

Angela’s skin tone contrasting the dress is what wins it for me. She looks great, but her abs and arms are still in “What’s Love Got to Do With It” shape and the woman is past 50 years of age! Go Angie :)

7. Alison October 21, 2011 at 18:12 #

Gwen’s eye makeup and hair ruins the look, and Angela’s is too tight at the bust!
    This is one of those Who Wore It Better moments when I really wish there was a third option! I would have gladly ticked a box that said ‘Neither woman did it justice’. Ever thought about adding a ‘neither’ choice, FC?

• Fashion Critic October 21, 2011 at 18:24 #

it would make it too easy

8. Nat39 October 21, 2011 at 18:23 #

Gwen wins for me, the OTT make-up and hair give her an edge, work well with the edgy dress. Angela`s styling is too bland and plain for this wacky dress.

9. justme October 21, 2011 at 19:38 #

Definitely Angela. Gwen’s make-up isn’t just heavy, it’s badly applied. Whoever did that to her should be out of their job by now.

• Hannah October 22, 2011 at 01:33 #

As it says in the post, she’s a L’oreal girl, which makes it evermore tragic.

10. abasss October 21, 2011 at 21:55 #

Angela by a million points. Black women look gorgeous on white.

11. Shaina October 21, 2011 at 22:24 #

Angela, I love this color in contrast with her skin, although I do prefer the hair up like Gwen. Either way, the color is practically invisible on Gwen’s porcelain-like skin.

12. Angela. There’s something I love about that strap together with her skin tone and hair.

13. Alina October 22, 2011 at 07:13 #