Leighton Meester In Jason Wu – Jimmy Choo’s Icon’s Collection Celebration

Leighton Meester joined W magazine’s Stefano Tonchi and Tamara Mellon to help celebrate Nan Goldin’s photography for Jimmy Choo’s ‘Icons Collection’ in New York City last night.

The ‘Gossip Gir’ star wore a Jason Wu Spring 2012 ensemble which is the third look from this collection to hit the red carpet.

Her black and white petal print blouse was paired with a belted silk rise and fall skirt.

Whilst I’m thankful Leighton didn’t opt to go sans bra like the model, I’ve never been a fan of exposed bras.

I wish she’d considered another option like a flesh coloured bra, but they aren’t always that effective.

Jimmy Choo ‘Scent’ platform sandal and a Jimmy Choo ‘Cameo’ clutch completed her look.

You guys didn’t share my excitement when Zoe Saldana wore her Jason Wu Spring 2012 look due to the modifications, so how do you feel about Leighton’s look?

Credit: Style.com & BFA

Jaime King's Spike TV’s 'Guys Choice Awards' Smouldering Eye Makeup

Jaime King’s Spike TV’s ‘Guys Choice Awards’ Smouldering Eye Makeup

Uma Thurman In Carolina Herrera - 2011 Golden Heart Awards

Uma Thurman In Carolina Herrera – 2011 Golden Heart Awards

30 Responses to Leighton Meester In Jason Wu – Jimmy Choo’s Icon’s Collection Celebration

1. Hermione Weasley October 20, 2011 at 19:40 #

I really like this look! But those bangs… I liked them better when they were longer :/

2. Me too October 20, 2011 at 19:44 #

Shes too perfect!
    Love her and her style and her shoes!!!!

3. mattison October 20, 2011 at 20:06 #

I definitely would have preferred a nude bra or cami, and perhaps a belt swap. Once again, her shoe game is the best in town, though.

• grace October 21, 2011 at 14:00 #

true dat!

4. Rahel October 20, 2011 at 20:11 #

I can’t stand her makeup. She looks kind of gothic.

• Alina October 22, 2011 at 05:45 #

I agree. I hope she doesn’t revert back to her “Good girl gone bad” phase.

5. justme October 20, 2011 at 20:26 #

I’m too thankful for that bra to mind lol. I wish her hair was in an updo though.

6. Nat39 October 20, 2011 at 20:29 #

The exposed bra is the least of her problems – the chubby legs, the awkward “shy girl” pose, unflattering hair and make-up throw me off the look entirely. She is not working this look at all which is very unflattering for her (LEGS esp.) in the 1st place.

• Sasha October 21, 2011 at 00:38 #

Chubby legs? really? I think it’s the angle that’s unflattering.. nothing wrong with her legs

• Nat39 October 21, 2011 at 18:43 #

Chubby, stubby, stumpy – that`s exactly what they look like here to me, nothing to do with the angle – it`s the combination of the strappy sandals and skirt length that doesn`t flatter her legs which are not that well-shaped to begin with.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) October 21, 2011 at 03:48 #

+1. Agree totally. It has lost all the crispness it had on the runway. A rare miss.

7. M October 20, 2011 at 20:30 #

she usually looks better… the outfit looks kind of frumpy on her and the length of the skirt plus the ankle strap shoes make her legs look stumpy.. her make-up and hair looks more like shes gettin ready for halloween… love her but sadly she looks bad here…

• gurlygurl October 21, 2011 at 00:28 #

Agreed! The model looks amazing in this but on Leighton it cuts her legs off in all the wrong places. Not a very flattering look. Perhaps if the skirt were shorter and she wore a shoe that did not go as high up the ankle this may have worked. I don’t like the heavy eye make up and untidy hair either though. The bright makeup on the model takes the outfit to another level as well.

8. Jess October 20, 2011 at 20:45 #

I love the hair and make-up, never really noticed how beautiful she is until now. The outfit is cute, despite the skirt feeling a bit off in fit/length.

9. Matt R October 20, 2011 at 21:08 #

Not loving the hair, but am thankful she covered up underneath. I think a nude lining would have made it look great.

FC, I think this is actually the 3rd look from Jason Wu’s Spring 2012 collection. I think Zoe Saldana and Jamie King both wore this colelction to the Polo Classic a couple weeks back

• Fashion Critic October 20, 2011 at 21:12 #

yes of course. Thanks

10. GusMex October 20, 2011 at 21:17 #

i have a question…when some celebrity use this “just off the runway” dresses, is the same dress the model wore?

• Fashion Critic October 20, 2011 at 21:20 #

Sometimes, but not always.

11. Emalie October 20, 2011 at 21:30 #

She looks good but there are a few things I’d like to change. Furstly the eye makeup is to heavy, secondly the skirt should have been shortened, thirdly something needs to be done to the visible bra situation and last but not least the bangs should be longer.

Great shoes as always though

12. Yop October 20, 2011 at 21:31 #

A mi me gusta!

13. maria October 20, 2011 at 21:45 #

i don’t mind the expose bra, considering her age. She is still young enough to pull it off.

I like her look. She always switches it up a bit with different make up or hairstyle and for me it works.

14. Paulo October 20, 2011 at 22:20 #

The dress is nice. Though not liking the hair (bangs in particular) and makeup.

15. TeaAtTwo October 20, 2011 at 22:39 #

Not a fan of the hair and make-up here. Zoe pulled off the laylike airiness feel of the collection a lot better.

16. argentina October 20, 2011 at 23:45 #

Is she doing the remake of Bettlejuice?

17. Marybeth October 21, 2011 at 00:05 #

I have decided that I am not a fan of Jason Wu, at least not of this collection. Zoe’s look was blah at best. Leighton’s is awful.

18. Emi October 21, 2011 at 08:35 #

I think thai is not one of her best look, but I like it, anyway, even if I don’t like so much the exposed bra. I love her hair and make up.

19. Hannah October 21, 2011 at 13:51 #

This is really, really painful for me to say, but I seriously do not like this look. Firstly, I will say that I am sure it was bette rin real lif eand photogrpahs badly. The issues I have are that the shirt isn’t flattering and it is too oversized and the skirt should’ve been higher up. It’s just so disappointing, because she has such a tiny waist, super thin toned legs and just a gorgoeus body, and this does absolutely nothign for it. Also, the hair and makeup are tragic, I cannot wait for her fringe to grow out, and the darkness of the hair and makeup it so overbearing, it needed the lightness that ht emodel has. That being said, the shoes, true to Leighton Form, are gorgeous, as is the clutch.

20. grace October 21, 2011 at 14:06 #

she looks good but it could have been better if a couple of things were modified. the length of the skirt and the blouse..i feel that she lost all the vibe of the original outfit and didn’t really put something else instead. nevertheless the shoes are always on point! she has the best shoe game for sure!!! and it’s nice to see her wearing jason wu

21. Jones19 October 21, 2011 at 15:14 #

I like the bottom half of her outfit, the top is where it all goes wrong with the exposed bra, horrible bangs and the makeup is dreadful.

22. mia October 22, 2011 at 16:16 #

she can rock any outfit..but on this occasion something does not click. the lenght of the skirt, the make-up, maybe the bangs..cannot put my finger on it. she is uber gorgeous and this is a rare miss. love leighton but you gotta go for the best…this is just barely trying:)