I’m guessing the dress code for the London Show Rooms LA closing cocktail event was colourful prints, as Hailee Steinfeld also brightened up the red carpet at this event in LA last night.

The teen star is the first to wear a look from Mary Katrantzou’s Spring 2012 collection.

She opted to wear her floral-print dress without the sleeves to make this a cute cocktail look.

Beauty-wise, the teenager opted for kohl-rimmed eyes, a dark pink lip shade and she wore her hair back in a high ponytail.

I would’ve preferred the runway shoes, but Hailee wore tortoiseshell pumps.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Versace For H&M

Versace For H&M

Jason Wu for Target

Jason Wu for Target

12 Comments

12 Responses to Hailee Steinfeld In Mary Katrantzou – London Show Rooms LA Closing Cocktail Event

1. Elaine2 October 20, 2011 at 13:40 #

it’s interesting that the celebrities usually opt for dark colored shoes with this designer’s dresses. I’m with you on the shoes! I think I like this dress better with the sleeves shown on the runway. Really great combination of prints – I enjoy seeing photos of Katrantzou’s designs……

2. DivaDebbi (Beauty & Fashion Blog) October 20, 2011 at 13:42 #

I am so loving this line! FC, do you know who in the US carries it?

I think the runway look was perfect. Don’t care for it sleeveless. Hate the shoe choice. She is looking a little thick in this dress at the necklline.

• Fashion Critic October 20, 2011 at 13:53 #

Net A Porter and Barney’s

3. Jones19 October 20, 2011 at 15:15 #

The runway shoes are divine! This dress is very cute on her but I prefer the runway sleeves.

4. Annalise October 20, 2011 at 15:53 #

I think that one has to have the right edge to pull off a print like this. Hailee may be cute but she doesn’t have the spunk to wear it

• Lola October 20, 2011 at 16:34 #

5. maria October 20, 2011 at 16:44 #

i like this a lot. I am apparently on of the few who likes it without the sleeves. Don’t mind the shoes and i love that she varies her hairstyle a lot.

6. Mary October 20, 2011 at 17:48 #

I think Mary Katrantzou is my new Rodarte. I jump in pleasure every time I see one of her designs. I also like Hailee a lot, so youthful and pretty even with the black pumps. Maybe not a fashion statement, but certainly cute ;)

7. Tahj October 20, 2011 at 20:00 #

What’s with this trend of young teen stars being trotted out to every red carpet? Her and Chloe Moretz’ parents should cool it a bit. People use the red carpet too much these days to boost profiles and now it’s extending to young teens.

8. Dhppy October 20, 2011 at 21:21 #

I prefer it with the sleeves, but I can see why it would be a hard sell to a client.

9. TeaAtTwo October 20, 2011 at 22:56 #

Gosh, Mary Katrantzou is on a roll lately.

10. Hannah October 21, 2011 at 14:01 #

I adore this dress on her. As much I as I would have prefered a more interesting piece, given that sh eis 14 I think this was way mroe appropriate. I also dislike her shoes, but i love the dress choice so much, mostly because I think the colour is stunning on her, I will get over the shoes.