Evan Rachel Wood attended the ‘The Ides of March’ London Film Festival premiere with co-star George Clooney last night.

She wore a black Emilio Pucci Fall 2011 belted jacket with a delicate lace trim which was paired with a simple black Prada skirt.

Red Ferragamo satin pumps and matching lips provided a delightful pop of colour to her black-on-black look.

There is something very Dita Von Teese about this look. Do you remember that phase?

Earlier in the day, Evan attended the photocall for the movie wearing an Alexa Chung for Madewell ‘Bunny’ dress.

Her black long-sleeved shirt dress with a white collar and cuffs was teamed with black tights and Gucci knee-high boots.

I feel like this look is a bit too cutesy for Evan, even with the edgy spiked Jennifer Behr headband, but it’s great she doesn’t pigeon hole herself with one look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Sidewalk Style: Kylie Minogue's Fluffy Prada Dress

Sidewalk Style: Kylie Minogue’s Fluffy Prada Dress

Qin Hailu In Burberry Prorsum - Chinese Film Panorama 2011

Qin Hailu In Burberry Prorsum – Chinese Film Panorama 2011

25 Responses to Evan Rachel Wood In Emilio Pucci & Alexa Chung For Madewell – ‘The Ides of March’ London Film Festival

1. Jones19 October 20, 2011 at 15:07 #

I like the Pucci/Prada combo and the pops of red but I still feel like something is missing to knock it out of the park. The Alexa Chung look is very…well Alexa Chung lol. I like Evan when she’s being fierce so this isn’t my favorite outfit of hers.

• Emi October 20, 2011 at 15:27 #

I agree with you, the first outfit is without praise or blame, even if I like the red of lipstick and shoes. The second one is very A. Chung, so, obviously, I don’t like it at all. Both make ups are beautiful.

• maria October 20, 2011 at 16:39 #

the first one is okay to me. I would have liked it more with the pants like on the runway.

I adore the second look. It’s very youthful and before i knew it was A. Chung it reminded me of Twiggy and the 60s, which was obviously the inspiration for that collection. I think it works really well with her hairstyle.

• Lori October 20, 2011 at 21:03 #

As a certified hater of everything that has a Peter Pan collar, I am shocked at how much I like the Medewell look. I think the Twiggy 60s vibe is right, but it’s more YSL Mondrian-inspired to me. So graphic and sharp!

2. pritha October 20, 2011 at 15:15 #

She is beautiful with a flawless complexion. I really like the way she carries herself in everything she wears. sophisticated.

3. Ade October 20, 2011 at 15:19 #

Oh I remember, she was dating Dita’s ex at the time too. I dont hate it, it’s an ok look but I hope she returns to her normal look.

4. Mick October 20, 2011 at 15:39 #

I like the Madewell look, I’d totally wear it. Also I love the headband, it’s the same Hilary Duff wore last week right? Do you know who makes it?

• Fashion Critic October 20, 2011 at 16:06 #

Thanks…I knew I had seen it before.

I’m not sure. I will have another look for it

• mattison October 20, 2011 at 20:02 #

I actually don’t mind the A.Chung dress, but the first look could be in the BDOTW poll to me if for no reason other than it shows that black can be punched up perfectly with the right shoes/makeup/attitude. The headband is by Jennifer Behr and the teal color on her website is swoon-worthy.

• Fashion Critic October 20, 2011 at 21:17 #

Thanks a lot for the id

• Mick October 21, 2011 at 09:24 #

Thanks for the info! It’s swoon-worthy indeed!

5. Parvati October 20, 2011 at 15:54 #

I really like the Emilio Pucci/Prada look. The moment I saw her photo, I was sure that people would compare her again with Dita Von Teese, but I think she’s proved us that this phase is over. She’s opted for so many different looks lately, that I consider this one as just another different look she decided to try. I think she looks very elegant and I love the pops of red.
    As for the second look, although I agree that it’s a bit too cutesy for her (even her pose is coordinated to the whole vibe of the look!), I don’t think it’s bad. To me, it’s actually the pose that makes this outfit look so strange on her. With a different attitude, she could have pulled it off, in my opinion.

6. mol October 20, 2011 at 16:26 #

Actually, I like both outfits – especially love her makeup in the second.

• dee October 20, 2011 at 19:00 #

7. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) October 20, 2011 at 16:35 #

I think she looks great in both. I adore that Pucci jacket…might kill to own it.

8. Nat39 October 20, 2011 at 17:31 #

The 1st look is very aging, esp. the hair. Prefer the 2nd – it is cutesy but fresh and it works so well for her.

9. Alina October 20, 2011 at 17:55 #

OK, I may be the only one, but I think she’s getting boring.

10. glenn October 20, 2011 at 19:41 #

She looks great, the make up is fantastic

11. Tahj October 20, 2011 at 19:58 #

She always looks too costumy and that really ages her. She needs to learn effortless elegance.

12. Camilla October 20, 2011 at 20:10 #

No Gosling? Sigh.

• Fashion Critic October 20, 2011 at 20:20 #

Too busy kissing Eva Mendes in parking lots, the lucky girl ;)

• Camilla October 20, 2011 at 20:25 #

Yep, just pretending that’s not happening….!

13. Dhppy October 20, 2011 at 20:55 #

She has a very sophisticated approach to fashion for someone her age. Though I’m always excited by her choices, part of me wishes she would relax and not appear so studied.

14. TeaAtTwo October 20, 2011 at 23:09 #

The 1st look reminds me of tom ford last collection for YSL.

15. G October 21, 2011 at 01:23 #

That pose she’s doing with her feet is ridiculous and makes both outfits look more costume-y than they would otherwise.

I think she should try COLOUR (though not that costume-y purple monstrosity she wore recently).