19.10.11 Beauty, Skincare

We Know Gwyneth Paltrow’s Sssssssssmooth Sssssssskin Sssssssssecret

Love her or hate her, you have to admit—Gwynnie has it all: A loving family and fantastic friends, a stellar multifaceted career, an approachable demeanor, a divine figure, and undeniable beauty. (Jealous yet?) We’re not sure what all of her secrets are, but we’re clued in on one or two…

The gorgeous GOOP author credits her fabulous body to Tracy Anderson and her youthful complexion to Sonya Dakar’s $450 Snake Venom Age Control Facial, a progressive antioxidant-rich treatment that features the controversial SYN-AKE® peptide, a synthetic (oft-compared to Botox) ingredient that mimics the biological composition of temper viper snake venom, which works to temporarily paralyze expression lines and wrinkle-prone muscles in the face, namely around the eyes and in the forehead.

If a trip to Beverly Hills for a pricey appointment at the Sonya Dakar Skin Clinic isn’t in the budget right now, perhaps a bottle of Sonya Dakar Skincare Ultraluxe-9 Age Control Complex is.

Ringing up at a far cheaper $185 (available at SonyaDakar.com), this miracle-cream-in-a-bottle is also formulated with a concentrated version of SYN-AKE®, along with 9 other potent anti-aging additives which work in tandem to stimulate collagen reproduction while filling in fine lines, thus halting wrinkle formation.

If it does all it says it does—worth every single penny, I’d say. What say you? —India-Jewel Jackson

Credit: Getty

, , , ,

Taylor Swift In Contrarian - 'Wonderstruck' Sephora Launch

Taylor Swift In Contrarian – ‘Wonderstruck’ Sephora Launch

Emma Roberts In Miu Miu - Swarovski Crystallized Celebrates Brazilian Style

Emma Roberts In Miu Miu – Swarovski Crystallized Celebrates Brazilian Style

31 Responses to We Know Gwyneth Paltrow’s Sssssssssmooth Sssssssskin Sssssssssecret

1. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) October 19, 2011 at 18:10 #

Hmmmm. I’m not sure. I do have the benefit of sampling a lot of high end product and much as I like a good drug store cheat, I think the good stuff has made a difference in the last 3 years. Food for thought!

• India-Jewel October 20, 2011 at 22:26 #

Drugstore cheats are just the best ever!

2. Emi October 19, 2011 at 18:28 #

I believe it, but I’m sure she got botox, too.

• India-Jewel October 19, 2011 at 20:39 #

Maybe once or twice, but she’s such a stickler for healthy living now, I doubt she’d ever do it again.

• Emi October 20, 2011 at 09:10 #

Maybe you’re right, but I remember her in a movie and she had lots of cellulite, now she wears a lot of miniskirts. Sorry, but you cannot achieve that only with gym and good food. She had liposuction, for sure. I think she got botox in the past more than twice. I’m kinda tired of all these celebrities which say that their body is the result of eating well and running on the beach with the dogs. There’re more plastic surgeons in L.A. than in the rest of the world.
        I like your posts, anyway, I love cosmetics!

• India-Jewel October 20, 2011 at 22:27 #

LOL Yes LA is the land of plastic surgery. Glad you like them!

• Elaine2 October 21, 2011 at 02:46 #

LOL………Emi, so true!
          India-Jewel, I enjoy your posts, too.

3. catdog October 19, 2011 at 18:52 #

She is very far from having the best skin for her age. I would love to take skingcare notes from Rachel Weisz,Julianne Moore and Nigella Lawson. They truly have amazing skin.

• catdog October 19, 2011 at 18:53 #

*skincare

• Sea October 19, 2011 at 19:21 #

+1! IMO her skin is among the worst in celebs, very oily with large pores and possibly bumps/acne too.
      In the movie “Contagion” I believe her first appearance is almost makeup free, and her skin looked very aging and awful. Marion Coltillard and Kate Winslet, on the other hand, seem to have gorgeous skin.

I’ve use Sonya Dakar’s products for years and this particular cream, with its cheaper version, IMO are just so so. But I love the essential face oils and face scrubs. :)

• Emi October 20, 2011 at 09:06 #

I don’t want to be mean, but Kate Winslet doesn’t have a beautiful skin, considering her age. She has lots of wrinkles, the fact that she glows on the red carpet is because she has a very good make up artist.

• India-Jewel October 20, 2011 at 22:29 #

Bear in mind that makeup artists on movie sets are also tasked with making actresses look rather humdrum and horrible as well… They’d NEVER put her on-screen makeup-free, even if her skin was flawless. Even the Olsen twins wore makeup as toddlers when they were on Full House years ago…

• Sea October 20, 2011 at 23:13 #

but pores and bumps don’t lie.

• India-Jewel October 21, 2011 at 08:06 #

But makeup most certainly does. Pores and bumps are often simulated, just as flawless skin is.

• lancel October 19, 2011 at 20:03 #

Oh yes Rachel Weisz’s skin looks amazing.

• maria October 19, 2011 at 20:06 #

i agree. i am sure she takes good care of herself, but she is not the first that comes to mind re great skin.

• India-Jewel October 19, 2011 at 20:38 #

• India-Jewel October 19, 2011 at 20:39 #

Is everyone reading the same post? Of course she doesn’t have the best skin for her age…

• catdog October 19, 2011 at 21:08 #

Ins’t this a skincare post? Saying she doesn’t have the best skin for her age is not really off topic. My point was Gwyneth is not the celebrity i would want to get a skin care tip from for the reason i already mentioned. And my reading and comprehension is just fine, thank you.

• Elaine October 19, 2011 at 22:06 #

Youthful skin usually translates as good skin, no?

• Lee October 20, 2011 at 04:50 #

“I’m confused–where did I mention that Gwyneth has GREAT skin? I recall writing youthful complexion… Two totally different statements.”

It’s just an opinion. No-one ever said that was your statement.

• dunzoo October 20, 2011 at 02:26 #

+1 she can afford the best derms/beauty doctors plus she seems to follows a strict healthy lifestyle, and her skin is far from being great for her age (oily/ lot of redness)… maybe great skin is mainly about good genes and not about luxury creams ?

4. Elaine2 October 20, 2011 at 01:58 #

How old is Gwyneth, anyway?

I guess I assumed when you said it was youthful skin, you were implying good skin, too…….

• India-Jewel October 20, 2011 at 22:31 #

Gwynnie is 39. IMO she looks good for her age, considering her career and lifestyle choices.

• Elaine2 October 21, 2011 at 02:51 #

39? She does look pretty good! Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, I appreciate it! :-)

5. msd October 20, 2011 at 07:20 #

The tone of this article doesn’t suit RCFA. It really reads like an ad. The author’s snippy replies to reader comments aren’t great either.

• Sandie October 20, 2011 at 11:13 #

• Rosalie October 20, 2011 at 11:22 #

I think the beauty posts are great.

• Fashion Critic October 20, 2011 at 11:30 #

Thanks Rosalie, or is it Jana or Cindy?

• India-Jewel October 20, 2011 at 22:30 #

Thanks Rosalie!

• India-Jewel October 20, 2011 at 23:00 #

It’s unfortunate that my comments are perceived as snippy. That isn’t my intention at all.