18.10.11

Tatayana Ali In Nicole Miller – Black Girls Rock! 2011

Tatyana Ali dazzled on the red carpet for the second annual Black Girls Rock! Awards which was held at the Paradise Theater in New York City this weekend.

The actress looked gorgeous wearing a Nicole halter gown.

Her multi-coloured sequined gown was teamed with a white Lauren Merkin ‘Lucca’ oval-shaped minaudiere and gold jewels.

I adore her curly hairstyle and I’m obsessed with that tangerine lip colour.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Evan Rachel Wood In Alessandra Rich - Elle’s 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute

Evan Rachel Wood In Alessandra Rich – Elle’s 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute

Gillian Jacobs In Mary Katrantzou - Elle’s 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute

Gillian Jacobs In Mary Katrantzou – Elle’s 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute

17 Responses to Tatayana Ali In Nicole Miller – Black Girls Rock! 2011

1. Nat39 October 18, 2011 at 17:29 #

Quite lovely overall but the make-up is a bit too much/too strong, and while the hair is rather cute in the closeup it looks plain messy from a distance. She should also watch her posture, she`s slouching quite a bit, to make sure her bust doesn`t blend into her waist.

2. Hannah October 18, 2011 at 18:02 #

Her skin is so divine, it is so glowy, I have serious scrub envy! Also, er makeup looks gorgeous whiel she smiles, but in teh other hoto it looks a tad harsh, and the dress would be much improved with a belt. Posutre is also a little amiss and I sincerely hope that there will be a photo of the back!

3. Marybeth October 18, 2011 at 18:06 #

I really love this look. It’s so girly and feminine but at the same time sleek and elegant.

4. OFF/THE/RECORD October 18, 2011 at 18:08 #

I had wished someone would wear this gown and here she is.. though i’d imagined it on someone taller and less endowed..she effortlessly works the outfit…what she ain’t being able to work is her over-glazed and bronzed makeup.
    A little less stroke on the brush would have perfected it..sigh !

5. Rebecca Z October 18, 2011 at 18:09 #

I think she looks stunning. Gorgeous dress with the various colors–great for her figure and skin tone and shows off her toned arms. I like the makeup and think she looks very classy. I would put her up as a BDOTW contender

6. Hermoine October 18, 2011 at 18:10 #

I think she looks divine.

7. QTB October 18, 2011 at 18:10 #

she does look good i must admit….but seriously an event called “black girls rock”

8. Jones19 October 18, 2011 at 18:14 #

Wow this look is flawless. I’d love to see her up for BDOTW.

9. shaphalf October 18, 2011 at 19:12 #

She looks so, so pretty! I can’t believe it’s only Tuesday and I already have like 6 favorites for BDOTW — Tatayana included. This is a great look for her!

10. lu October 18, 2011 at 19:39 #

Like this look!, dress, and hair. I just think the makeup is too harsh, but aside from that beautiful!

• maria October 18, 2011 at 20:27 #

i agree.

11. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) October 18, 2011 at 20:44 #

It’s not working for me. Reminds me of that dot candy they used to make on long strips of paper. That’s a WHOLE LOTTA makeup and I think the hair looks messy.

12. gurlygurl October 19, 2011 at 01:26 #

Not a dress I would have chosen but against her dreamy skin it works. I would have liked to have seen her eyes a little softer too but everything else is just great. Well done!

13. Tahj October 19, 2011 at 04:58 #

I love the dress. It’s very Goldie Hawn.

14. DivaMom October 19, 2011 at 14:34 #

Pretty girl, she glows from the inside. But this look just seems off. It think she misses entirely too much on the red carpet.

15. Alina October 19, 2011 at 20:05 #

The dress is stunning,but I don’t like the styling.

16. Aimz14 October 19, 2011 at 20:51 #

Love the dress but the make up is tragic and the hair isn’t working for me.