You didn’t like Nicole Richie’s makeup last time out, so do you approve of her look at Elle’s 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute event?

The socialite opted for a more grown-up, sophisticated look on this occasion wearing a Douglas Hannant Fall 2011 gown.

Her rich chocolate chiffon one-shoulder gown with lavender velvet floral print was paired with a pewter clutch.

David Yurman jewels, chocolate brown Christian Louboutin peep-toes, wing-tip eye makeup and a chic updo completed her look.

The colour of the gown is divine on her, but I’m not sure she has the height required to pull this off.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Demi Moore In Zac Posen - 'Margin Call' New York Premiere

Demi Moore In Zac Posen – ‘Margin Call’ New York Premiere

Michelle Pfeiffer In Alexander McQueen - Elle’s 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute

Michelle Pfeiffer In Alexander McQueen – Elle’s 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute

11 Responses to Nicole Richie In Douglas Hannant – Elle’s 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute

1. maria October 18, 2011 at 20:17 #

I LOVE this dress, but i agree that she might be too short for it.
    The hair and makeup looks a bit on the mature side….

I have a general problem with Nicole Richie on the red carpet. I never like her makeup. Not sure if she would need to go more natural or it just clashes with the hair colour, but something always feels off. The moment she is on a streetwear look picture, i like her again. Very strange.

2. Rebecca Z October 18, 2011 at 20:28 #

the dress just looks too big for her in my opinion. She is kind of overwhelmed by it. Hair and makeup are fine and Ii like the shoes even though they are matchy matchy.

3. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) October 18, 2011 at 20:35 #

She is drowning in this dress.

4. Jones19 October 18, 2011 at 21:19 #

She’s too short for it, I would love this on Charlize Theron.

5. Emi October 18, 2011 at 21:39 #

I don’t think it’s a matter of height, but I think there’s something about the fit that I don’t like. Also, I prefer her as a brunette.

6. Dhppy October 19, 2011 at 00:54 #

This gown is heaven. But yes, she looks overpowered by it.

7. gurlygurl October 19, 2011 at 01:10 #

That’s too much dress for that little lady. I do like the coloring but even on the model that cut looks odd… it makes for an unusually long looking torso. At least on the model we can see some leg which ALMOST balances her out. Hard dress for anyone to pull off.

8. Alina October 19, 2011 at 19:57 #

The other look was better.

9. Courtney October 20, 2011 at 02:35 #

You couldn’t have picked a more unflattering photo of this look on Nicole… there are so many pictures on wire and getty images that show off this look to the fullest, and it’s truly gorgeous on her. This photo is a horrible representation of how it actually looks on her

• Fashion Critic October 20, 2011 at 07:05 #

Thanks…because you have no idea that pictures of one person at an event can have at least 3 different price points I’m just going to ignore this comment