18.10.11

Michelle Pfeiffer appeared to be purring like a sexy black panther as she made her way down the red carpet at Elle’s 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute last night.

The legendary actress wore an Alexander McQueen Resort 2012 black dress.

I was going back and forth with regards to Michelle’s Alexander McQueen stingray belt.

I did initially wish the belt was thinner, but then the look would be a typical LBD and the belt gives the look some flavour.

I’ve never been a fan of mixing melts, so I did kinda cringe when I saw Michelle’s silver diamond encrusted cuff paired with a gold Alexander McQueen jaw skull clutch.

Credit: Getty

Nicole Richie In Douglas Hannant - Elle’s 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute

Nicole Richie In Douglas Hannant – Elle’s 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute

In Solange Knowles' Closet - Alessandra Rich Pearl-Embellished Silk Crepe de Chine Gown

In Solange Knowles’ Closet – Alessandra Rich Pearl-Embellished Silk Crepe de Chine Gown

15 Responses to Michelle Pfeiffer In Alexander McQueen – Elle’s 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute

1. robbie October 18, 2011 at 20:14 #

i really wish she got rid of that cuff, it detracts from the elegance from the dress.

• Jones19 October 18, 2011 at 21:18 #

I couldn’t agree more. The cuff is so out of place but I love the rest.

2. Emi October 18, 2011 at 20:20 #

I love it, she looks great, I would consider her for BDOTW.

3. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) October 18, 2011 at 20:34 #

Cringing over the cuff and clutch together. Love Michelle, but her right eye is looking much smaller than her left. All of her “work” has always been well done and subtle. Hoping a little it is just a stye!

4. mari October 18, 2011 at 20:51 #

a skull clutch like that is never wrong in my eyes.

5. samaira October 18, 2011 at 20:54 #

I don’t like the hair at all, it looks dry,brittle and downright dead. She should have brushed it better or used more products or just tied it. its making the whole look a downer for me.

6. Tim October 18, 2011 at 21:42 #

That’s bc that’s her real hair. She’s one of the few actresses who does not wear extensions. This is what natural hair looks like, unlike Jennifer Aniston’s. Her hair was best in 2007, after her semi-retirement, bc she didn’t get a haircut since 2002 (her words). At that point she had a LOT of hair. Then she cut it for the movie Personal Effects. It’s finally coming back a little at a time. I rather her hair stay natural than for her to create a diva look with extensions.

7. coolstylepost50 October 18, 2011 at 23:46 #

Pfeiffer kicks proverbial butt.
    How many other over 50′s would pull off the fetish trend so perfectly?!

8. Nat39 October 19, 2011 at 00:02 #

Personally, never mix gold and silver ever. It`s a big NO for me. As for the edgy belt, it feels wrong here with her plain shoe choice. If she`d opted for an edgier shoe (Naomi Campbell`s look with the harness comes to mind), the belt wouldn`t have looked so out of place. Overall, completed with the drab lifeless hair, not a good look for her – dark, dull, and “out of order”.

9. gurlygurl October 19, 2011 at 01:06 #

Haha! “Mixing melts”… not a fan of that either but save for the ill chosen clutch and cuff I love the dress, belt and shoes. Simple and elegant. Have to agree… her hair is detracting from this look.. I’m not too keen on the coloring… I think a more honeyed look would warm it all up and make her look a little healthier but overall she’s rocking that LBD.

10. Tahj October 19, 2011 at 04:55 #

I think she looks tasteful and simple as usual. And the best dressed at the event.

Her hair has always been pretty weak though. Just like Charlize Theron, flawless face, but the hair is weak.

11. Alina October 19, 2011 at 19:55 #

I agree with Tahj – tasteful and simple.

12. Jackie October 21, 2011 at 04:33 #

I’m a fan of mixing metals but this is just done so badly. It doesn’t help when you put the mismatched metals so closely to each other as well. No no no!

Everything about this look is wrong. Boring dress with a cool belt that isn’t working with the boring shoes and awkward dress length of the boring dress style and finally topped with the wrong jewelery. Boring and wrong wrong wrong!

I must also note that I am not a fan of all black especially when it’s with boring black pieces.

13. Mari Ruch October 21, 2011 at 05:42 #

I am in a room with 273 men. We took a vote and all thought Michelle looked stunning, hair, dress, etc. I have to agree!

14. Anne G October 30, 2011 at 05:33 #

It is so nice to Michelle on the red carpet. A nice simple look.