18.10.11

Elle’s 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute Red Carpet Round Up

Here are the rest of the red carpet looks from Elle’s 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute which took place last night in LA.

Reese Witherspoon: The actress channelled this season’s androgyny trend wearing a classic Bocanegra pant suit with a feminine twist which comes courtesy of a lace top under her jacket. I love the emerald Irene Neuwirth earrings, but I’m not loving the exposed bra too much.

Amber Heard: Unfortunately the only thing I like about Amber’s look on this occasion is the pink Calvin Klein dress. Her makeup is considerably paler than the last time out, the lip colour is too dark for her petal pink dress and those Calvin Klein grey pumps are just ugly. All good runs must come to an end.

Jayma Mays: Opted for a very glamorous look by donning a gorgeous Malandrino gown. The sea-blue silk chiffon one-ruffled-shoulder gown was teamed with a black Hoss clutch and David Yurman jewels.

Camila Alves: The TV presenter wore a Z Spoke by Zac Posen polka dot navy dress with a generous helping of red lip colour.

Chloe Moretz: I think the teen actress was trying to be hip and cool wearing this Calvin Klein look, but it just looks overly fussy, starting with the hair.

Abigail Breslin: In total contrast, Abigail looked more at ease on the red carpet, colour blocking an orange Calvin Klein shift with a yellow clutch. Shame about the pumps.

Katherine Heigl: The blonde actress wore a black Amanda Wakeley dress. The flirty dress, with a daring keyhole detail and embellished details on the neckline and waist, was a surprisingly sexy choice for her. Tacori earrings, Rene Caovilla pewter satin and Swarovski crystal heels plus a black studded clutch completed her look.

Viola Davis: Sporting a chic bob, the actress kept her look simple by wearing a silver Calvin Klein dress with grey Jimmy Choo ‘Vibe’ suede peep-toes. A burgundy clutch matched her lip colour and she added a collection of silver bracelets to her look.

Jenna Dewan: Opted to go sexy at this event wearing an Edition by Georges Chakra gold sequin cocktail dress with satin strap and criss-cross details. The golden girl added a matching Swarovski clutch and nude patent peep-toes to her look.

Credit: Getty

Solange Knowles In Alessandra Rich - 2011 Angel Ball

Solange Knowles In Alessandra Rich – 2011 Angel Ball

Who Wore Giambattista Valli Better? Emma Stone or Lauren Santo Domingo

Who Wore Giambattista Valli Better? Emma Stone or Lauren Santo Domingo

29 Responses to Elle’s 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute Red Carpet Round Up

1. Rebecca Z October 18, 2011 at 20:54 #

Whew–you’ve been working hard, FC! Thanks.

• Fashion Critic October 18, 2011 at 20:58 #

you know me ;)

2. robbie October 18, 2011 at 20:57 #

i wish amber had picked some better shoes because i am loving the rest, the girl is drop dead gorgeous.

chloe and abigail it is like looking at 30 something reality tv stars. the rest are nice but nothing mind blowing.

3. Jones19 October 18, 2011 at 21:17 #

Agh shame about Amber Heard going all vampy with the makeup because that gown is such a pretty pale pink. I’m liking Jenna Dewan here.

4. Bek October 18, 2011 at 21:22 #

I actually LOVE Amber’s look EXCEPT for the shoes they are almost offensive. I think from the ankles up though she looks like an old school Hollywood siren

5. TeaAtTwo October 18, 2011 at 21:52 #

Those T-bar style pumps Amber and Chloe are wearing seem to keep popping up lately. Horrible new trend?.

6. TeaAtTwo October 18, 2011 at 21:53 #

Viola Davis is my best dressed out this lot.

7. argentina October 18, 2011 at 22:19 #

There is a lack of well dressed at this event.

8. anna October 18, 2011 at 22:32 #

the look I liked most of those was katherine heigl’s.
    not very impressed by any of them

9. FashionClout October 18, 2011 at 22:33 #

Totally agree! Reese would have done much better to just cover up for this look! But anyone who wears a suit to a red carpet event is tremendous!

10. Emily October 18, 2011 at 22:47 #

I like Jayma Mays although I wonder if she’s too dressy for such an event.

I feel like Reese Witherspoon’s suit would be better if the jacket wasn’t so boxy and badly-fitting?

11. maria October 18, 2011 at 22:55 #

i love Camila Alves’ look, but for a daytime event.

I also like Jemma’s blue dress a lot.

the other’s are meh to me.

12. QTB October 18, 2011 at 23:30 #

amber heard looks amazing! that shade of pink with the gun metal grey is phenom in my opinion….her base makeup might be a tad pale especially considering her hair but still the dress makes her body look amazing

13. Nat39 October 19, 2011 at 00:09 #

The 2 who stand out for me (in a good way) are Katherine Heigl (adorable make-up, love the embellished detailing) and Camila Alves in her polka dot dress (so cute!).

14. gurlygurl October 19, 2011 at 00:57 #

Ambers body looks amazing in that dress. Love the color and cut but agreed.. her make up is harsh and the shoes are wrong. Just goes to show how easily bad choices can ruin what could have been a perfect look! No other looks particularly stand out for me although I do think Camila Alves looks wonderful… not an evening look for me though.

15. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) October 19, 2011 at 01:47 #

Uh boy!
    Reese looks matronly.
    Jayma looks overdressed.
    Camila’s dress is sacky.
    Chloe looks like Judy Jetson.
    Abigail looks is too mature for her.
    Katherine looks pretty.
    Viola’s dress is too tight across the bust and snoozy.
    Jenny looks pretty but a tad too boobalicious.

Thanks for the great coverage FC!

• Fashion Critic October 19, 2011 at 07:15 #

My pleasure

16. Jen October 19, 2011 at 02:11 #

I liked Camila’s look. It’s appropriate and chic. Chloe M kills me with that expression.

17. Katharine October 19, 2011 at 02:15 #

Katherine Heigl’s dodgy barnet is atrocious. The dress looks very Kardashian, which is not a compliment. She’s had some effective red carpet looks in the past, but there have been some really bad choices in the last couple of years. Change of stylist, maybe?

Viola Davis is my favourite here; barracking for her to get an Academy nomination for The help.

18. Tamara October 19, 2011 at 04:32 #

At least Reese Witherspoon is wearing pants that actually fit in length!

19. Tahj October 19, 2011 at 04:53 #

Amber Heard needs to stop with the bombshell red lipstick look. She pulled it off with that red dress recently, but her makeup was softer there. The red lipstick shade is too harsh with that soft pink dress.

I liked Heigl’s look.

20. Vicky October 19, 2011 at 07:25 #

Is there anyone else who’s sooooo tired of the “hand on hip” pose with the leg sometimes crossed over?!
    It looks ridiculous, especially when you see all pictures next to each other like this. All the women are blending into one mannequin doll…

21. Emi October 19, 2011 at 08:13 #

Camila Alves is my favorite, but I like Amber Heard, except for the shoes.

22. g October 19, 2011 at 09:47 #

does anyone else think that reese looks like she has major chest hair going on!? :/

• Jackie October 21, 2011 at 05:10 #

AHAHAHHA I did a double take and just thought that it looked really bad but yeah it looks like cartoon chest hair!!! Hilarious!

23. Alina October 19, 2011 at 19:51 #

Jenna Dewan is my favourite from here.

24. Rodrigo October 19, 2011 at 23:59 #

I actually think that Amber looks gorgeous and is one of the best looks i’ve seen on her

25. Jackie October 21, 2011 at 05:39 #

Amber Heard doesn’t look too bad albeit a bit on the paler side here… she’s giving me Gaga with her blonde hair, red lips, and white face. I kind of like the grey shoes with the dress. I think it’s interesting.

No one hit it out the ballpark here for me but there are some things that need to be addressed…

Jayma Mays’ dress is tacky! Each pleat looks sewn to the dress from the root to the end giving it no movement and the material doesn’t look too smooth which screams cheap! Someone help her.

Katherine Heigl is doing the mixed metals thing with her clutch and it’s so not working here AGAIN. The detailing on your dress is silver so you can not have a clutch with gold studs all over it!

Viola Davis also looks really good! I think her clutch is purple and I like it! The silver dress and shoes are working although I realized just today that I dislike peeptoes. I like that she has jewelry just on her wrists. This color looks really good on her!

Jenna Dewan. This is 2011 not 2001.