Freida Pinto In Calvin Klein – Calvin Klein Hosts Design Museum Dinner

Freida Pinto was on hand to celebrate the new home of London’s Design Museum, which was host by Calvin Klein last night.

The Indian star donned a cream Calvin Klein Spring 2012 dress, which is the first look from this collection to be worn on the red carpet.

I hate to say it, but the fit is horrendous and unflattering. Even a belt wouldn’t help this look.

Either the dress is poorly structured – as it adds 10lbs to her waist and hips – or she needed to go down a size.

She accessorized with a cream Calvin Klein clutch and gold sandals.

The only thing I like about this look is her quiff ponytail.

A rare misstep from Freida.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Anna Kendrick In McQ - '50/50' London Film Festival Premiere

Anna Kendrick In McQ – ’50/50′ London Film Festival Premiere

Sienna Miller In Matthew Williamson - Vault Couture All Saints

Sienna Miller In Matthew Williamson – Vault Couture All Saints

23 Responses to Freida Pinto In Calvin Klein – Calvin Klein Hosts Design Museum Dinner

1. Rodolfo Ferretti October 14, 2011 at 15:12 #

I like it just on the runway. She looks like being poor, as the dress looks like too. On runway it is very richier!

2. Elaine2 October 14, 2011 at 15:19 #

I don’t think this dress can be saved. It looks hideous on the runway model.

• Vibes October 14, 2011 at 16:19 #

3. shoeaholic October 14, 2011 at 15:33 #

I actually quite like it! The fit is horrible and it does make her hips look wider, but I really like the design of the dress and the colour is gorgeous on her!

• Parvati October 15, 2011 at 02:27 #

I agree! The fit isn’t good, but I think it’s a nice dress. However, I dislike the shoes.

4. Alina October 14, 2011 at 15:38 #

“A rare misstep from Freida.” – I agree…

5. D October 14, 2011 at 16:11 #

hate to say it but shes lost her charm a bit to me for the past half year…

• Mrs A October 16, 2011 at 21:34 #

She never had any charm. Was just a media darling for a while. Making her into some fashionista that she never really was. And her shoes are hideous!

6. Moxie October 14, 2011 at 16:32 #

This is just not a good look for her.

7. samaira October 14, 2011 at 16:35 #

This dress hardly looks like a dress, it looks like an underslip my grandma wears under her dresses.

8. Katrin October 14, 2011 at 16:38 #

i am not crazy about the dress, but i must admit, that when i took my first look at frida i thought “wow, she actually has some curves”. maybe the fit is not off, maybe it’s great, gives her some hips. hips are good! and rare these days on the runway…

9. f4fashion October 14, 2011 at 17:35 #

Maybe it’s just me but I think the dress is giving her a beautiful womanly figure and the color is gorgeous on her brown skin. Her face is literally glowing.

• jajulicious October 14, 2011 at 17:52 #

You said so well what I wanted to say. She looks so dewy and voluptuous. The color is amazing on her.

10. jajulicious October 14, 2011 at 17:50 #

You said so well what I wanted to say. She looks so dewy and voluptuous.

11. Dhppy October 14, 2011 at 19:18 #

I think the dress is a hard sell even on the model. It’s surprisingly overworked for Calvin Klein. There are too many seams.

12. OFF/THE/RECORD October 14, 2011 at 19:46 #

I think Freida is looking wonderful (minus the dress).The color on her brown skin is making her glow and look refreshed.
    What i don’t like about the look is that its too pale and needed something(silver shimmer accessories) to save her from looking slightly washed out.
    I also admit that she is looking heavy on her hips and construction of the dress is responsible for the same but its nice to see those wondrous curves on her.
    Only if she had worn this look out in the sunny light she would have fared much better and resonated a maiden in white in those medieval themed movies with diadem on heir crown…

13. mochababe73 October 14, 2011 at 19:52 #

This looks like bedclothes.
    I take that back. I wouldn’t even let my husband see me in this in bed. I’d rather wear a t-shirt.

• Dee October 15, 2011 at 01:09 #

lol, you are too funny.

14. Jones19 October 14, 2011 at 20:13 #

I love it on the model but the fit is awful on Freida. Her hips look gigantic.

15. Dee October 15, 2011 at 01:09 #

Freida is so beautiful! I just feel like her clothes always seem so big on her. Hmmm…i don’t know.

16. This is one of those dresses that will never look good on someone with anything that resembles curves. But I think it might have been better if she’d gone UP a size because it actually doesn’t hang enough. Likely, it’s unsavageable tho.

17. Mrs A October 16, 2011 at 21:36 #

Let me restate!. Those shoes are hideous!