Celebrities Love…Thigh-High Boots

It’s that time of year when we are all stocking up on our winter staples which will get us through the next five months.

High on that list are boots.

Every year I want to invest in a pair of thigh-high boots, or hooker boots as my sister calls them, but I always chicken out.

There are two ways to wear these boots.

For the less overtly sexy route, we need to follow Kourtney Kardashian and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.

Kourtney’s look may have a lot going on, but she opted for low-heeled thigh-high Chanel boots whilst Rosie wore less shiny, slouchy suede boots.

The overtly sexy route was demonstrated by Ciara as she left ‘Dan Tanas’ restaurant in LA last night.

Leather thigh-high Louboutin boots + Givenchy tunic + lots of skin on display = tacky.

How will you wear yours?

Azzedine Alaia suede wedge boots
Matches Fashion
Michael Kors suede over-the-knee boots
Net-A-Porter.com
Giuseppe Zanotti suede over-the-knee boots
Net-A-Porter.com

Credit: Fame Pictures & Xposure

'Kamikaze' Malaga Film Festival Premiere

‘Kamikaze’ Malaga Film Festival Premiere

In Mandy Moore's Closet - Newbark Lauren Leather and Calf Hair Shoulder Bag

In Mandy Moore’s Closet – Newbark Lauren Leather and Calf Hair Shoulder Bag

19 Responses to Celebrities Love…Thigh-High Boots

1. Jani October 14, 2011 at 17:07 #

I love this look, if you have the legs to do it :)

If I wear thigh high boots I like wearing them over a pair of tights or leggings.

-Jani

2. Moxie October 14, 2011 at 17:32 #

Rosie’s look is perfect.

3. manja October 14, 2011 at 17:43 #

NOT A FAN MAYSELF,SO I+LL PASS ON THIS TREND.RHW IS THE BEST OF 3.

4. robbie October 14, 2011 at 17:46 #

thigh high boots can look rather nice on the likes of rosie and kourtney, but they can so easily look cheap like on ciara like a high class hooker/call girl

5. Fashionmeal October 14, 2011 at 18:38 #

Hey hey! Incase you were wondering, Kourtneys boots are Chanel. Or at least thats what she says on her blog

Cheers.
    Xxo.

• Fashion Critic October 14, 2011 at 18:54 #

You read her blog? just kidding….thanks

6. olivia October 14, 2011 at 19:13 #

oh, i just purchased my thigh high boots! I plan on wearing them with jeans or some thick tights/leggings

• Fashion Critic October 14, 2011 at 19:29 #

I think I have to take the plunge this season

7. Ayesha October 14, 2011 at 19:29 #

Can anyone ID rosies boots…love her and the way she makes everything look so effortlessly stylish and chic!

• Kat November 5, 2011 at 03:11 #

Did anyone ever find out the answer to where rosie’s boots are from?

8. Jones19 October 14, 2011 at 20:08 #

I don’t have the legs for thigh high, I do have knee high ones that I loooooove but that’s as high as I go. I can wear them with jeans tucked in like Kourtney or with tights.

9. mikeijames October 15, 2011 at 08:19 #

over-the-knee boots remain a tricky proposition for anyone who has gams thicker than chop sticks. while i do believe ciara manages them — the rest of the ensemble cheapens the look, but the boots look fine — i don’t like them on kourtney. and it takes a lot for me to not like CHANEL.

10. CreoleLady October 15, 2011 at 10:48 #

Never mind the boots, it looks like Ciara is going makeup free in that pic. Sigh. What gorgeous bone structure she has. Such a striking woman.

11. The Alaias are perfection!

• olivia-rose February 25, 2013 at 08:53 #

Agreed, those boots are amazing

12. AuntieChrist October 15, 2011 at 23:28 #

Rosie looks great.. i am becoming a fan of her style.. i might give the thigh high boots a try next winter..

13. Mrs A October 16, 2011 at 21:29 #

Typed a long post and lost it. Hate to redo it so will keep this short.

Kourtney – Those boots do nothing for her or to bring together the outfit. The color is way off w the color scheme she has going on. I can tell she was in a hurry to wear them first without actually having an outfit to complement them. They would have looked nicer even with an allblack outfit. She looks the worst out ofthe 3 IMHO.

RHW is my girl crush. She always looks fab!

Ciara has the thighs to rock those boots. She looks great in them. I blv ppl on this site like to hate on her just because. Even when she looks good, ppl always want to call her tacky. Even when she picks a classy, girly look, ppl say it’s too safe and not Ciara. What do you want the girl to do? She cant win on here. Not a fan of her at all. Hate her music but let’s give credit when it is due.

14. Mrs A October 16, 2011 at 21:31 #

And not to mention that Kourtney’s boots cut her body off in a weird proportion and yes, she does have a lot going on.