14.10.11

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge attended a black tie charity dinner at St James’ Palace held by the charity ‘100 Women in Hedge Funds’ in London with her husband Prince William last night.

The Duchess stunned by following the trend of the week wearing a red Beulah London ‘Sarai’ gown.

I’m stunned because I thought the Duchess only wore neutral colours and navy, so I’m glad to see her being a tad more adventurous.

Her silk jersey gown has chiffon sleeves and a tie around the waist was teamed with a gold embellished envelope clutch.

Credit: Fame Pictures

55 Comments
Hayden Panettiere In Jenny Packham - 'Fireflies In The Garden' LA Premiere

Hayden Panettiere In Jenny Packham – ‘Fireflies In The Garden’ LA Premiere

Heidi Klum Loves Her Newbark 'Lauren' Leather and Calf Hair Shoulder Bag

Heidi Klum Loves Her Newbark ‘Lauren’ Leather and Calf Hair Shoulder Bag

55 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Beulah London – ‘100 Women in Hedge Funds’ Charity Event

1. Maz October 14, 2011 at 18:54 #

Wow! Now this is something I can get excited about! She should wear the colour often, it’s stunning on her. Relief!

2. GusMex October 14, 2011 at 18:57 #

good good good good

3. Nat39 October 14, 2011 at 19:00 #

Love it, clean and perfect, without excessive bling bling, just a tiny pretty clutch, just right. The hair works beautifully here.

4. dunzoo October 14, 2011 at 19:05 #

this whole look makes her way older than she actually is.. when will she try a different hairdo/make up ? IMO the dress is OK but does nothing for her figure : it accentuates her small chest and her narrow hips..

• Elaine2 October 15, 2011 at 01:17 #

That’s probably why she wore it……..

• Someone on Twitter said that she looks like Nancy Reagan in this dress and now that’s all I can see. Everything about this ‘look’ is way too old for her and this has nothing to do with being classy. Also, I feel jersey is a bit casual for an evening dress. Never liked the concept.

• CreoleLady October 16, 2011 at 11:40 #

Check out First Lady Michelle Obama in the spectacular purple Doo Ri she wore to a White House state dinner a few days ago. It might change your mind about jersey for evening. I thought it was chiffon at first.

5. Lee Ann October 14, 2011 at 19:07 #

I really don ‘t get the fuss about her style- to me she looks like she is wearing a night dress. Her face looks a bit fuller-preggers?

6. Dhppy October 14, 2011 at 19:21 #

It seems she’s found an Issa style dress without having to go to that label. Red is good on her.

• Fashion Critic October 14, 2011 at 19:28 #

I doubt we will see her wearing Issa much now as Al-Fayed daughter is the owner.

• Dhppy October 14, 2011 at 20:15 #

Yes. I suspect her connection to the label is over.

• Julie October 17, 2011 at 13:49 #

I like that the color is different for her, but it’s the same style dress she always wears. Other than the color, it’s matronly.

7. Ella October 14, 2011 at 19:25 #

It’s pretty!! Is she actually showing some cleavage….WOW ;-)

8. GGG October 14, 2011 at 19:30 #

She is stunning! And her smile is the best part. So genuine!

9. Pati October 14, 2011 at 19:32 #

While I love the colour, the style of the dress and the hair-make up combo make her look WAY older than she really is… As much as I hate saying this- this look does not get me excited at all…

• Gigi October 15, 2011 at 02:47 #

+1. She looks older, thinner, and her eyebrows are too too. If it weren’t for the cleavage, this dress could be worn by the Queen.

10. rebecca October 14, 2011 at 19:36 #

All of our favorite looks this week are red! First Zoe, then Amber and now Catherine!

11. Emi October 14, 2011 at 19:37 #

It’s nice to see her wearing a bold color. She looks great, even if I think she could have done something different with the hair.

12. Isa October 14, 2011 at 19:38 #

I always get really scared of her thiness..

• Iris October 15, 2011 at 07:01 #

+1. there IS something called ‘too thin’. that waistline is scary.

13. vicky October 14, 2011 at 19:44 #

Doesn’t wow me the slightest, but the red is a very refreshing colour change for her.

14. Dirk October 14, 2011 at 19:48 #

She does look great and it is nice to see something a little ‘riskier’ (here comes the but) BUT for some reason she looks like she’s ‘pushing 40, but looks great for her age’. Makeup or something?

• noo October 14, 2011 at 20:45 #

it is clear to me today that her hair and make up were not done by the same person who always does them!!!!!!!! her hair looks different but i can’t put my hands on how exactly, and her eyeliner is just at the corner of her eye instead of the usual heavy application!!!!!

15. Bethany October 14, 2011 at 19:48 #

Her smile is always so joyous and genuine when there’s a touch of physical contact between her and the Prince. The color is great on her, but she’s emitting radiance in the first picture with his arm around her waist.

16. Christy October 14, 2011 at 19:56 #

I love that she wore red! I love navy and neutral colors too, but I am glad she took a risk and wore this bold color!

Catherine looks amazing! I agree her smile is so genuine its her best accessory, next to her handsome hubby!

Xo – Christy

17. anu October 14, 2011 at 20:04 #

is it me or does the price have more hair now?

• Amanda October 14, 2011 at 21:04 #

I don’t think so but that would be great if he did! I would not begrudge him linking up with John Travolta or Brendan Frasiers guy! I love this royal couple. She does have an amazingly warm smile.

18. Jones19 October 14, 2011 at 20:05 #

I love this look but I just wish she would have wore her hair up. She would have looked so much more sophisticated that way.

• Fiona October 15, 2011 at 15:26 #

I agree completely, I am so tired of this hairdo – we get it, she has great bouncy hair, but sometimes it is appropriate to style it for evening. I wouldn’t begrudge her a bit more jewelry too, I’m sure there are a few things in the vault she could wear….

• Jones19 October 19, 2011 at 16:06 #

She and Jennifer Aniston never wear their hair up, it drives me mad.

19. maria October 14, 2011 at 20:18 #

i really like the dress on her, but i agree that the hair and makeup should have been switched up as it ages her. Maybe a flat iron look instead of always the same blow out.

20. moja31 October 14, 2011 at 20:18 #

Finally wearing a color is a good step, but for the love of god somebody put her hair up. I like the clutch, but something is missing to keep her from looking like she wandered down the hall in her bathrobe for a glass of milk.

21. Tahj October 14, 2011 at 20:24 #

It’s beautiful because of the color. She really stays with the same style. Maybe she wants to have her own trademark style. Like Angelina Jolie with those blousy loose gowns.

22. Elaine2 October 14, 2011 at 20:34 #

She’s worn red before (departure from Canada — a frumpy coatdress), and it is a good color on her. I like this shade of red on her, it looks good with her skin tone. BUT, the style looks like a bathrobe and I think it’s because of the way the belt is tied. To my eye, it would look better without the belt.

She looks much older than 29 and I tend to think that might be because of her conservative taste in fashion. Her styles just don’t seem like they are very much “fun” – either to wear or to look at.

William doesn’t look like he has any more hair, IMO. (He’d probably love to hear that people think he does, though!)

23. Amber October 14, 2011 at 20:53 #

She looks lovely, as usual. I would love to see the look without the bow tied around the waist.

24. Raquel October 14, 2011 at 20:59 #

Great color on her, not really fond on the dress itself. She is in dire need of a hair and make up revamp.

25. robbie October 14, 2011 at 21:01 #

love it. the colour is gorgeous on her and it makes a change from the usual black, white and beige she wears alot.

i really want to know what she uses in her hair, it always looks so clean and shiny

• molly October 14, 2011 at 21:52 #

Try using a shine syrum before and after you do your hair. I use CHI and its amazing :)

• robbie October 19, 2011 at 19:19 #

thanks, i will give that a try :-)

26. Carmen October 14, 2011 at 21:30 #

Hmmm, Pippa was also spotted wearing a red plunging gown with a gold envelope clutch recently…

27. Vee October 14, 2011 at 21:36 #

i mean–she looks like–herself.

28. molly October 14, 2011 at 21:50 #

Im wowed by the color, but everything else is typical Catherine. The dress is making her look very boyish, but I do love the cut of the sleeves. Overall, its pretty, but it looks just like all the Reiss dresses she wears, only in a better color.
    Her hair is fantastic, its like her usual look, but with more curls to make it more “evening”.

29. Emily October 15, 2011 at 00:08 #

I really wanted to like this but I just look at it and go SNORE – despite the colour. I’d really like to see her switch it up a bit with her hair, I think that would help.

Also I feel she’s looking very bobble-headed at the moment – head and hair massively out of proportion with her tiny body??

30. Lily October 15, 2011 at 04:19 #

Lovely. I’m happy to see her going for color in the evening!

31. mikeijames October 15, 2011 at 08:16 #

i cannot agree more about how well bold color suits her. while i think she looks more regal in her neutral looks, that bold red brings out her color so much better.

32. Alina October 15, 2011 at 09:10 #

I quite hate it. She looks old.

33. sara October 15, 2011 at 21:11 #

She looks 40 years old !!, prince william looks much younger than her

34. Spirale Rouge October 16, 2011 at 02:27 #

This dress is gorgeous. This particular shade of red is stunning. Not easy to wear but beautiful.

35. Lisa Villeneuve October 16, 2011 at 12:18 #

I find this very boring – dull.

36. Gianni October 18, 2011 at 17:12 #

Im glad she’s wearing red. Its a nice color on her. But despite that this dress looks very matronly. She should have shown a little more skin to youth it up a bit. Maybe chop the sleeves. She has nice arms she should show them off. Thats a nice alternative to cleavage or legs.

37. Jen October 24, 2011 at 03:23 #

I can’t say anything about it isn’t lovely, but the overall effect is oddly ageing.