Elena Anaya attended the New York Film Festival presentation of ‘The Skin I Live In’ at the Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center last night.

The Spanish actress wore a Miu Miu Fall 2011 dress.

Her elegant black crepe dress with padded shoulders and three-quarter-length floral sequin-embellished sleeves is nipped in at the waist with a gathered detail.

Whilst the sleeves have lost its runway volume, this 40s inspired dress is kept modern with the black Miu Miu glitter pumps.

Elena opted for minimal makeup and completed her look with a simple updo.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Eve Hewson In Chanel - 2011 Cannes Film Festival "This Must Be The Place" Premiere

Eve Hewson In Chanel – 2011 Cannes Film Festival “This Must Be The Place” Premiere

In Michelle Monaghan's Closet - Brian Atwood Power Studs Suede Pumps

In Michelle Monaghan’s Closet – Brian Atwood Power Studs Suede Pumps

14 Responses to Elena Anaya In Miu Miu – ‘The Skin I Live In’ New York Film Festival Presentation

1. Emi October 13, 2011 at 11:30 #

I love it. This dress is beautiful and she looks great. I only think that the skirt could have been a bit more short and tight.

• maria October 13, 2011 at 15:02 #

i was thinking the same thing.

2. Kate October 13, 2011 at 11:35 #

Anyone else getting a Dannii-Minogue-on-her-amazing-X-factor vibe?

3. Marie October 13, 2011 at 11:53 #

It instantly reminded of Diane Kruger’s look at the Lucrecia Muta event, but turns out Diane’s dress is slightly different (I think it’s the one we can see on the left in the runway picture??)

Back to Elena: love the dress, but feel like something is missing… Maybe some accessories?

4. TeaAtTwo October 13, 2011 at 13:24 #

She’s pretty but it looks slightly lacklustre.

• Tania October 13, 2011 at 19:14 #

5. DivaDebbi (Beauty & Fashion Blog) October 13, 2011 at 13:25 #

Liked it the way it was fit and styled on the runway; I think this looks frumpy and overpowering on Elena.

• Nat39 October 13, 2011 at 18:20 #

Ditto. As frumpy as it gets. Hate the glitter pumps.

6. Alina October 13, 2011 at 13:52 #

Classy but nothing about it makes me go “WOW”.

7. Shell October 13, 2011 at 14:48 #

I miss the volume to the sleeves. Also I dont like her make-up for the look. Red lips would have been lovely

8. Elaine2 October 13, 2011 at 15:14 #

I think I prefer it on the runway, too. Maybe the background in the photo shoot is what is distracting. I also like the booties on the runway a little better than the pumps. (I have been admiring Miu Miu’s footgear all year!)

9. mari October 13, 2011 at 16:25 #

in the picture these shoes look like those of an old lady. ugly. Maybe in a different setting or light, not here. She looks a bit… not enough something either
    the dress is a bit big or just not her style.

10. gurlygurl October 14, 2011 at 01:57 #

I can’t decide if I like the dress or not…even on the model. On first glance I like it but on looking a little closer it creates an odd silhouette. The oversized puff sleeves on the catwalk creates an illusion of a teeny tiny upper body which is not really bad but on Elena she just looks a little hungry. I think this dress would work miracles for a curvier, taller woman with a bigger bust because it would actually create a much leaner silhouette. The effect is lost on Elenas shape. She does look very much like Danni Minogue!

11. Jones19 October 14, 2011 at 20:34 #

Meh is what comes to mind here. I loathe those glitter pumps. ugh