Emma Stone In Giorgio Armani – Giorgio Armani / Vanity Fair Dinner

Emma Stone was the host of the Giorgio Armani/Vanity Fair dinner in LA last night.

She looked sensational wearing a fresh off-the-runway Giorgio Armani Spring 2012 dress.

Her metallic strapless striped ombre dress with a signature crescent-shaped bodice also has a gathered detail at the waist.

I love her whipsy updo, and the fact that she kept her accessories to a minimum to let the dress shine.

I do find myself being slightly disappointed by her taupe Brian Atwood pumps though.

Silvery metallic eyeshadow to match her dress and nude lips completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Wore Moschino Better? Zooey Deschanel or Cheryl Cole

Who Wore Moschino Better? Zooey Deschanel or Cheryl Cole

Sidewalk Style: Nicole Richie's Isabel Marant Renell Skinny Jeans

Sidewalk Style: Nicole Richie’s Isabel Marant Renell Skinny Jeans

18 Responses to Emma Stone In Giorgio Armani – Giorgio Armani / Vanity Fair Dinner

1. Bea Morandarte October 12, 2011 at 11:35 #

Nice. such a good choice. But, i’m a bit doubtful about the shoes….

2. M October 12, 2011 at 13:03 #

She looks great, the make up and hair are just perfect, but I find myself more attracted to the runway version of the dress. I’m a bit tired of seeing short versions of dresses which were amazing just the way they were presented.

We need shoerazzi here for some “shoes she should have worn”!

3. Armaghan October 12, 2011 at 13:07 #

She totallly ruined the dress by made it shorter.What a pity !

• Alina October 12, 2011 at 14:44 #

Imagine it on Cate,the Great.

4. Gaber October 12, 2011 at 13:57 #

I love this dress.
    I absolutely love it.

Sure the pumps are slightly boring, but they aren’t wrong. They don’t ruin the look but rather just fail to bring even higher.

I’d love to see this one up for BDOTW.

• Rebecca Z October 12, 2011 at 15:45 #

+1 I agree that it would have been better to leave the hem of the dress alone, but still think she looks spectacular.

• Nat39 October 12, 2011 at 17:47 #

I say BDOTW worthy too. Everything works well together including her hair, the modified hem (def. prefer the shortened version, works so well on Emma), and the simple pumps.

• Dani October 12, 2011 at 23:52 #

Add me too the list! Adore the dress, not offended by the shoe choice and she is adorable!

5. LizLemooooon October 12, 2011 at 15:07 #

Her shoes are terrible and her make up and hair are just too wishy washy for a dynamic dress like this. Bit disappointing from her.

6. Jones19 October 12, 2011 at 16:12 #

I wish she had made it knee length instead of shortening it so much. Love the colors of this dress.

7. Hannah October 12, 2011 at 16:21 #

I loved teh shape on the runway, so I am disappointed that it doesn’t go to the knee and taper in as much. Also, some jewellery, strappy sandals, and a lighter hand with teh makeu would have lifted it much more. The wispy hair also doesn’t work too well with it. I feel like it has lost it’s chicness from the runway, which is disappointing from Emma.

8. maria October 12, 2011 at 16:26 #

i actually like the shortening. I think the long dress might have overwhelmed her. The shoe choice is not perfect, but it’s also not boringly safe, i.e. a black pump.

I actually like this look a lot. The colour of the dress looks incredible with her skin and hair.

9. Shelby October 12, 2011 at 16:39 #

LOVE! I agree about the shoes, maybe a metallic pump at the very least. I love her hair up, but not too polished. Dress is a great length!

10. cheryl October 12, 2011 at 17:30 #

the dress is beautiful with her eye makeup and eye color. yeah the shoes are a turned off, imagine bright strappy sandals in turqoise or something. i would have died. saddddd :(

11. justme October 12, 2011 at 17:31 #

I’m starting to think her make-up artist is lazy. He/she ALWAYS matches Emma’s eyeshadow with the colour of whatever she’s wearing regardless of if it suits her or not. It’s very amateurish.

I like the dress though.

12. TeaAtTwo October 13, 2011 at 02:11 #

I think she looks gorgeous.

13. gurlygurl October 13, 2011 at 03:16 #

She’s adorable and I actually really like her style in general. She’s not afraid to take a risk and she’s young and cute enough to make it work for her but her shoes sadden me… there are so many spectacular pairs of shoes out there and this dress could stand on it’s own even against a dramatic shoe. This dress is too modern for a pointed pump. Even if she wanted to keep the shoe neutral she could have gone for something strappy with a platform.

14. Ella October 13, 2011 at 05:54 #

Emma is beginning to be my favorite red carpet pic….everything she wears is amazing!