Michelle Williams attended the ‘My Week With Marilyn’ New York Film Festival premiere which was held at the Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center this weekend.

The blonde actress showcased a shorter, cropped ‘do while wearing a Christian Dior Spring 2012 gown.

Her mint green gown with a plunging neckline is accented with a black velvet waistband.

I think this is the most boobage Michelle has ever displayed on the red carpet; maybe she’s still feeling the spirit of Marilyn.

A deep pink lip colour completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

LAX Style: Cheryl Cole's Isabel Marant Jeans

LAX Style: Cheryl Cole’s Isabel Marant Jeans

Jamie King In Jason Wu - Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic Event

Jamie King In Jason Wu – Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic Event

27 Responses to Michelle Williams In Christian Dior – ‘My Week With Marilyn’ New York Film Festival Premiere

1. anna October 11, 2011 at 21:24 #

I liked this dress on the runway, but I don’t like it on Michelle. It washes her out and something about the fit feels a bit off for me. p.s: by the way, I miss Galliano so much. I know that he did a terrible thing, but Dior is just going downhill without him.

• noo October 11, 2011 at 21:31 #

i agree with the first part of your comment completely :D as for the second, i miss the idea of a john galliano. a man with a vision that carries the essence of the brand, takes it further and makes it better! bill gaytten is not that man but i’m sure he exists somewhere :D

2. Kaz October 11, 2011 at 21:29 #

I think Michelle looks great, but I’d have loved to see her rock a slightly more sheer version, closer to the runway.

• maria October 11, 2011 at 22:11 #

i totally agree. maybe if the lining was a bit darker you could see the detail of the skirt better, without having to show too much skin.

I also have the urge to pull the straps a tiny bit higher.

3. Archie October 11, 2011 at 21:29 #

its good to have you back!!! you’ve been missed! :)

• Fashion Critic October 11, 2011 at 21:51 #

I can feel the love ;)

4. Jones19 October 11, 2011 at 21:37 #

I couldn’t be happier to see Michelle rocking some cleavage on the red carpet. Those high necklines don’t flatter her all that well because she’s got an ample bosom. Love this dress on her, very beautiful.

5. CINDY October 11, 2011 at 21:38 #

I, for instance like the change of pace from michelle! I was getting a little bored of all the cutesy looks she gave us those past months. It is a lot of boobage but I like it, it’s still classy. I saw other shots where she was standing with jake gyllenhall and she looked more relaxed than on this picture. She’s missing a clutch of something…. but that’s it! Me likey.

6. Rebecca Z October 11, 2011 at 21:42 #

She never sells me–kind of like Abbie Cornish. I can’t imagine picking her to play MM–what were they thinking. This woman doesn’t have a sexy bone in her body, at least not in public.

• mari October 12, 2011 at 22:39 #

exactly what I was thinking. even in this dress, she doesn’t project sex appeal. Eva Mendez and others, like the model can without trying hard. Maybe the movie is good anyway.

7. Sharon October 11, 2011 at 21:54 #

The dress is super-sexy on the runway because the model is showing such attitude. Michelle, no matter how much boobage, lacks that attitude and ends up looking like a sweet little girl playing dress-up.

8. Nat October 11, 2011 at 21:57 #

Maybe the dress is not perfectly fitting, but Michelle has done the “Chanel-like” style (black, white, lace, high necklines and all) so many times that I really appreciate this change.
    All in all, I think she looks great in this pic!

9. justme October 11, 2011 at 23:13 #

I wish she would have kep the sheer skirt but it’s Michelle so I’m not surprised. I think the colour looks nice on her and I’m glad her shade of blonde is darker. The platinum hue would have washed her out.

10. Nat39 October 12, 2011 at 00:23 #

Doesn`t work for her, and she is not working it whatsoever. What a waste of a sexy gown.

• L'wren October 12, 2011 at 07:20 #

From a Chanel girl to a CD girl,it does take time~

11. Rach October 12, 2011 at 07:37 #

That hair is still killing all of her outfits for me!

12. Armaghan October 12, 2011 at 09:23 #

I wonder me how can someone turn such a Sexy dress to a cutesy one?!! :((

13. Martin October 12, 2011 at 09:25 #

Welcome back Fashion Critic!!!!

So this is what happens when John Galliano leaves Christian Dior? Bland, boring and banal. It is doing nothing for her and she is doing nothing for it.

• Fashion Critic October 12, 2011 at 10:35 #

14. couturecoco October 12, 2011 at 10:00 #

‘Boobage’ lol! The dress looks amazing on the runway model. I think it’s a beautiful enough dress that flatters Michelle. Credit to her for taking care of the fit and length of the dress and I always love the contrast between such a womanly dress with gamine hair.

I think she had altered to be less see through which is unecessary imo, but there you go. The worse thing is that the hip band part of the dress is too wide for Michelle’s figure making the skirt part a little too short in proportion.

15. robbie October 12, 2011 at 13:32 #

sexy but classy, love this look head to toe.

cant wait to see her as marilyn, hopefully the role will finally bag her an oscar she is so deserving of one.

16. Alina October 12, 2011 at 15:08 #

She’s not rocking it.
    I can see Rosie Huntington-Whiteley rocking it with ease.

I’m praying for some strong colour for Michelle.

17. cheryl October 12, 2011 at 17:37 #

it looks blah on her.
    prefer the sheer lining on the runway, the zigzag details = the selling point.
    urghh and hair like this…. i think we have seen too much of such pixie hair cuts ever since emma watsons.

18. Katie October 12, 2011 at 21:40 #

This was one of my favorite looks from Paris, but it’s not working for me on Michelle. It needs some Va-va-voom…and a red lip. Unfortunate disappointment.

19. gurlygurl October 13, 2011 at 03:29 #

I love this dress on the runway and with that dramatic lip… WOW.. not so on Michelle. Michelle is cute but this dress does nothing for her. It makes her look top heavy and gives her no waist. On the model the neckline plunges into a V making her cleavage look amazing on Michelle the V looks more like a crescent. The model also has much broader shoulders giving her better overall proportions in this dress. This style of dress is not for Michelles shape, I think it ages her. The color does not work for her either.

20. Parvati October 13, 2011 at 14:46 #

The dress is beautiful, but I find it rather boring on Michelle Williams.