Elettra Wiedemann Rosselini was in Madrid, Spain last night to attend the Vanity Fair ‘Man of the Year 2011? Awards.

She wore a YSL Spring 2011 strapless dress.

This is quite possibly the worst dress to hit the red carpet this year.

I’ll take Bryce Dallas Howard’s ‘I’m not pregnant’ Reem Acra dress over this flamenco-inspired look any day.

It’s too long, it’s too literal considering where she is, it’s too cheesy, the shoes work on the runway, but not on Elettra – and the belt looks like it’s suffocating her.

This should’ve been left as a runway piece.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Ciara In Balmain - ‘That’s My Boy’ LA Premiere

Ciara In Balmain – ‘That’s My Boy’ LA Premiere

Emma Stone In Lanvin - 'The Help' Hamburg Premiere

Emma Stone In Lanvin – ‘The Help’ Hamburg Premiere

21 Responses to Elettra Wiedemann Rosselini In YSL – Vanity Fair’s ‘Man of the Year 2011′ Awards

1. Moxie October 7, 2011 at 21:09 #

Bryce is still the worst, but this is not much better. The belt matches the model’s dress, but it looks like a different color than Elettra’s dress. Maybe the belt is dark denim blue and the dress black? The proportions work on the model, but not on Elettra.

2. Karen October 7, 2011 at 21:16 #

I actually think she looks great!

3. Rebecca Z October 7, 2011 at 21:19 #

LOL. Very bad choice.

4. Michelle Bobb-Parris October 7, 2011 at 21:20 #

I completely agree. I could maybe see Daisy Lowe pulling it off, but it is definitely safer/best seen on the runway.

5. phoenix October 7, 2011 at 21:20 #

She is beautiful lady with the wrong dress. I agree with what you have to say. The dress should remain on the runway.

6. Giuseppi Giraffe October 7, 2011 at 21:26 #

ouch. yes, it’s bad. i like the runway look, but on her it just looks so i don’t know what to even call it. maybe cheesy is the best word here.
    it’s just not workingat all.

7. robbie October 7, 2011 at 21:35 #

love the dress but seriously does she lack that much imagination she needs to wear it the exact same way as it was on the runway.

8. Emi October 7, 2011 at 21:38 #

This is the typical example of a dress which should stay on the catwalk.

9. Jones19 October 7, 2011 at 21:49 #

The saddest part is the limp bust. Ugh.

10. molly October 7, 2011 at 21:54 #

I have studied this trying to find something that I like, and Im coming up blank. I first thought that I liked her shoes, but the strap that goes around her ankle is too much. As you said, the dress is suffocating. Its really really awful. It was ugly on the runway and even worse on the red carpet. You should have a WDOTW poll, FC. This would take the cake.

11. Mhairi October 7, 2011 at 22:11 #

not a fan of the dress! But gotta disagree about the shoes, i really like them!

12. Hermoine October 7, 2011 at 22:13 #

I always look at the dress before I read your comments so I can form my own opinion. My first thought was what is with all the material?? I honestly never noticed the person in the dress.

13. Nat39 October 7, 2011 at 23:24 #

I´ll take it as a Halloween costume – a fired flamenco dancer in dire straits.

14. Parvati October 7, 2011 at 23:30 #

I don’t think it’s that terrible. Sure, it’s not great, either, since it’s quite a difficult dress to pull off, but I think she doesn’t end up looking awkward, which is something I would expect from anyone who would wear this dress.

15. Mario October 8, 2011 at 00:57 #

Russo wore this dress last season and did it complete justice! This is just terrible.

16. TeaAtTwo October 8, 2011 at 01:13 #

Your critique made me lol when I read this.

17. Alina October 8, 2011 at 05:18 #

Bryce still holds the title , for me.

18. It looks deflated on Elettra :-( Like when you find an old picture of your mum in an amazing dress and then you go and dig it up from the attic and it’s just not the same anymore. Know what I mean?

• Fashion Critic October 8, 2011 at 09:11 #

Totes

19. Aimz14 October 8, 2011 at 16:35 #

Whilst i agree she doesn’t look great i don’t think it’s that awful. I’d choose this over one of the many boring black dresses some celebrities (*cough* Jennifer Anniston *cough*) wear. Nor is it as anywhere near as bad as the Bryce Dallas Howard disaster, that dress STILL gives me nightmares.

20. Cristina October 11, 2011 at 15:25 #

Anna Dello Russo wore the same dress on Milan FW on June and she looked amazing!!