06.10.11

Elie Saab Spring 2012

Elie Saab’s Spring 2012 presentation once again closed fashion week.

The king of red carpet dressing presented a beautiful collection on a surprisingly colourful palette.

The show notes said ‘Color Shock’, so I was a tad confused that the first 10 looks were all beige; however, a rainbow of colours including sunflower yellow, peach, emerald green and a gorgeous Lapis blue soon followed.

Sexy daytime and eveningwear dresses and gowns were presented alongside feminine pantsuits with lace details, wide-legged jumpsuits, blouses paired with loose-fitted pants, tweed jackets and belted skirts.

For the red carpet, stars have many gorgeous gowns to choose from with the theme being ‘Sparkle n’ Plunge’.

I was on the edge of my seat as these embellished belted gowns took to the runway with daring, plunging necklines. You know I have a serious weakness for Elie’s bling.

I simply adored this colourful collection of feminine, sensual looks.

It was the show that provided the most glamour this fashion week and each look has a place at a premiere, photocall, film festival or royal wedding – and, if you’re Dita Von Teese, it would look good on the sidewalk too.

When it comes to chic red carpet looks, no one does it better.

[nggallery id=1007]

Key accessories included a range of leather and croc shoulder bags, minaudières and totes, plus colourful strappy sandals.

Front Row: Princess Beatrice and Siriwanwaree Nareerat of Thailand

Favourites: Sunflower yellow gown with two thigh-high splits and Lapis blue pant suit

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Hilary Swank, Kirsten Dunst, Michelle Williams, Keira Knightley, Megan Fox, Leighton Meester, Datoka Fanning, Sofia Vergara, Blake Lively, Cate Blanchett, Kate Beckinsale, Marion Cotillard, Kate Winslet, Anna Friel, Dita von Teese, Princess Beatrice, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, Jessica Chastain, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Fan Bing Bing, Gwyneth Paltrow and Halle Berry

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Princess Beatrice In Elie Saab - Elie Saab Spring 2012 Presentation

Princess Beatrice In Elie Saab – Elie Saab Spring 2012 Presentation

31 Responses to Elie Saab Spring 2012

1. mon October 6, 2011 at 16:06 #

Spanish model Inés Sastre attended too. She wore a blue dress with strategic see-through panels.. brave!

2. Karis October 6, 2011 at 16:14 #

I want the whole collection! Just perfection. Love the green and the blue pieces especially.

3. McKenzie October 6, 2011 at 16:15 #

I want every single one of those gorgeous, breathtaking outfits.

4. Moxie October 6, 2011 at 16:28 #

Stunning! I predict we’ll see a lot of these gowns on the red carpet, sooner rather than later.

5. Zee October 6, 2011 at 16:33 #

I know you love elie saab but this is just boring. No shocks, no surprises, nothing new, not even a color shock. I feel like this is a collection of what has been done before.

• Zee October 6, 2011 at 16:37 #

Not saying it is not beautiful, it is , as always. But at some point everybody will start feeling bored.

• Lola October 6, 2011 at 16:51 #

If this is boring?????! Boring is more than fine with me. This entire collection us exquisite and beautiful!

• The.Shoe.Freak October 7, 2011 at 04:18 #

Totally agree with you. Everything is beautiful, that is not what we are debating. It does get boring and old to see an entire catalog of same-like dresses in different colours (even if all the dresses are beautiful). Someone needs to edit the collections sent down the runways! I love Elie Saab, I think he makes stunning dresses, but it does get old.

my plus side: Loved the colours, especially the cobalt blue and the peach. Love the tie neck flowy dresses and tops. Loved the sequins (but a bit less choices please).

my downs: Edit Edit Edit!!
        Didn’t like the shoes this season. (However, the bags are getting better)

• Leela October 7, 2011 at 06:25 #

BORING? what? It’s like sparkly skittles

6. CreoleLady October 6, 2011 at 16:41 #

The colors and strappy heels are just too beautiful to wait until spring to see them on the red carpet. Oh well it’s spring somewhere, I hope we see some of these gorgeous looks soon. And I’m sure we will….

7. f4fashion October 6, 2011 at 17:10 #

Some would say boring and repetitive, I would say chic, classic and timeless. I was eager to see the luxurious day wear and classic gowns with a twist live at Nowfashion.com and equally exited to read your review FC. I Know you enjoyed the show as much as most of us did. King Elie reigns!

8. dee October 6, 2011 at 17:14 #

I love that green gown it is gorgeous

9. Pati October 6, 2011 at 17:14 #

Finally some colour!!! I can´t wait to see these beautiful juicy colours hit the red carpet! No more washed out nudes! This is going to be such a colourful and vibrant fall/ winter season! Yay!

10. Nat October 6, 2011 at 17:16 #

Probably fashion experts will deem this collection as not excting, saying that they would like to see something new or more edgy or different from Elie Saab.
    But I think that these looks are just beautiful. The elegant daywear outfits, the chiffon gowns, the embellishments are all Elie Saab’ trademarks…and I have no problem with him keeping on using them, if the results are this amazing.
    He makes marvellous clothes that every women would love to wear.

I’m in love in particular with the first green embellished gown.

11. maria October 6, 2011 at 17:26 #

these looks are all extremely wearable for the red carpet and will look good on a large array of women.

That is not something the more risky or avantgard collections can fulfill.

12. Zineb October 6, 2011 at 17:57 #

Hi FC !
    Elie Saab is my all time favourite designer, whenever there’s a fashion week, he’s always been the one I long to see his collection, he’s an amazing artist, he understood how to make a woman look & feel incredible.
    However, I hate it when fashion critics start panning his collections saying that he only makes evening wear gowns, that even his ready-to -wear collections is too couture to be wearable on a regular daily basis, that he only cycles around his previous collections.
    It is so wrong, it’s just that glamourous gowns are his signature, I can’t believe it when fashion critics make bad reviews of such an amazing collections & especially this one. It makes me think that they need to reconsider their fashion scale when reviewing a collection.
    To cut it short, I’m just really glad that you appreciate his art as much as I do & that you know how to give justice when justice needs to be done

• Silvana Stredel October 6, 2011 at 23:19 #

AMEN to that. Hes my ultimate fave designer.

13. CINDY October 6, 2011 at 18:15 #

Since Brad is probably going to get an Oscar nom next year, can I dream of seeing Angie in the beautiful green deep plunging neck line number to the academy awards?! Is it too much to ask the fashion gods?

• molly October 6, 2011 at 22:00 #

Im sure if she would wear it, she would ruin it with some awful hairstyle like she usually does.

14. Jones19 October 6, 2011 at 21:06 #

Wooooooooow

15. Rebecca Z October 6, 2011 at 21:33 #

Gorgeous, timeless and classy. The gowns are beautiful, but I especially love the day dresses–there is at least one in each color group that I would LOVE to have and wear as often as possible.

• Rebecca Z October 6, 2011 at 21:38 #

And, my favorite gowns are the green cap sleeve (#30) (Duchess) and the blue off the shoulder (#46) (Angie?)

16. bec October 6, 2011 at 23:12 #

He is the only designer who makes me swoon EVERY season without fail.

I died when I saw those green dresses! I love green and can’t wait to see more of it on the red carpet!

17. Silvana Stredel October 6, 2011 at 23:27 #

I cant GET OVER the fact that I randomly found your blog 2 years ago, started reading it everyday and labeled it as my favourite, and on top of all that, your favourite designer is Elie Saab too.
    I discovered this man while reading my mom’s Hola! magazines and he started my love for fashion, I absolutely LOVE his bling and i cant believe there’s two of us in this world.
    PS: Im sooo happy because on of my mom’s best friends studied with Angel Sanchez in college, and she’ll help me get an internship with him in his workshop in NYC in a couple of years :D
    one step closer to my entrance to the world of fashion marketing

• Fashion Critic October 7, 2011 at 08:59 #

Elie is King ;)

18. smolls October 6, 2011 at 23:52 #

I am in love with the entire collection! So beautiful…I don’t even have the words to express how much I love every piece…beyond gorgeous! *sigh*

19. roxana October 7, 2011 at 07:36 #

FLAWLESS!

20. A November 10, 2011 at 20:28 #

Gwyneth in Elie Saab Spring 2012 at the Bambi Awards. I’m so excited! FC, have you seen it? :D

• Fashion Critic November 10, 2011 at 23:09 #

Yes, so excited.

I’m not at home yet, but will update when I get back

• A November 10, 2011 at 23:16 #

Yay, thanks for replying. Looking forward to hear your opinion. :) Have a great evening! xo

• Fashion Critic November 11, 2011 at 00:35 #