05.10.11

Valentino Spring 2012

Valentino’s Spring 2012 collection was full of dreamy lace dresses and gowns which were all red carpet worthy.

Dreamy elegance was rich within every look as we saw beautiful dresses on a colour palette of lemon, sky blue, pretty pinks, nude, white and sea green, with black and Valentino red looks too.

Intricate floral appliqués had a sensuous yet delicate allure, as did the laser cut-outs on the leather pieces.

There were many strapless looks presented on this occasion which were constructed over invisible internal corsets. These looks accentuate the shoulders without revealing the décolleté.

I don’t think it will be long before we see a look from this collection on the red carpet.

With awards season coming up, this collection couldn’t have come at a better time.

For spring, the Valentino woman is womanly and very glamorous and we all want to be her.

Key accessories include embellished sandals, thong sandals with woven straps, mesh booties, slim leather belts, studded leather shoulder bags, clutches and embellished totes.

Front Row: Natalia Vodianova, Alexa Chung, Ciara and Jessica Biel

Favourites: A pink lace top paired with matching shorts and embellished long-sleeve mesh gown

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Keira Knightley, Elle Fanning, Olivia Palermo, Jennifer Aniston and Anne Hathaway

Kirsten Dunst In Chloe - ‘Melancholia’ New York Film Festival Premiere

Kirsten Dunst In Chloe – ‘Melancholia’ New York Film Festival Premiere

Jayma Mays In Rachel Zoe & ASOS - ‘American Horror Story’ LA Premiere

Jayma Mays In Rachel Zoe & ASOS – ‘American Horror Story’ LA Premiere

8 Responses to Valentino Spring 2012

1. Elaine2 October 5, 2011 at 13:07 #

I think this collection is a little disappointing. Really don’t think the outfits flatter the models and for that reason I’d be surprised if they’d look great on a real person. (I do like the sandals, what I can see of them……)

2. DivaDebbi (Beauty & Fashion Blog) October 5, 2011 at 13:18 #

I think their Creative Directors continue to find the perfect balance between respecting the beauty and essence of Mr. Valentino’s asthetic and still keeping it modern.

No easy feat!

3. AW October 5, 2011 at 14:10 #

I love the pink lace top with matching shorts. I’m not wowed by much else in the collection. I do like that the models are mostly wearing sandals.

I like Ciara’s dress and Natalia Vodianova’s shoes are sick! On the other Alexa Chung and Jessica Biel are walking sleeping pills, so boring and overrated.

4. Jen October 5, 2011 at 15:45 #

Sidebar: The look on Alexa Chung’s face always irks me.

5. cheryl October 5, 2011 at 18:04 #

agree with the above comments.
    some of the even designs even feel repetitive to me.
    imo, only the ladies whom lean towards the safe (and boring) side will pick pieces from this collection.

after looking @ alexander mcqueen, this just seem blah.

6. Moxie October 5, 2011 at 23:08 #

Why is Jessica Biel wearing bedroom slippers? That’s what those shoes look like.

7. Jo October 6, 2011 at 12:33 #

OK, not to detract from the collection here but I really must say this, Alexa Chung is so thin she’s making Natalia Vodianova look big – that is NOT right.

8. TeaAtTwo October 7, 2011 at 00:28 #

can anyone ID natalia’s shoes? they’re stunning. I agree with cheryl about the collection looking a bit repetitive – beautiful though.