Eva Green In Emilio Pucci – ‘Perfect Sense’ London Premiere

Eva Green attended the ‘Perfect Sense’ London Premiere at The Curzon Mayfair last night.

The French actress gave this Emilio Pucci Fall 2011 dress its third outing in two weeks, following Constance Jablonski and Ciara.

I’m glad Eva wore this dress, because she gives Constance and Ciara a master-class on how to work this burgundy tulle and velvet appliqué dress without stopping off at Tackyville, USA.

Eva’s lined dress is far more sexier to me.

On this occasion I see the dress without distractions and I think Eva carried herself with a regal air that the others just can’t compete with.

Cabochon de Montblanc Collection earrings and Sergio Rossi ‘Twist’ ankle booties completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Nicola Roberts In Luisa Beccaria - 2011 Pride of Britain Awards

Nicola Roberts In Luisa Beccaria – 2011 Pride of Britain Awards

Anna Dello Russo In Dw by Kanye West - Alexander McQueen Spring 2012 Presentation

Anna Dello Russo In Dw by Kanye West – Alexander McQueen Spring 2012 Presentation

41 Responses to Eva Green In Emilio Pucci – ‘Perfect Sense’ London Premiere

1. justme October 5, 2011 at 00:30 #

Third time’s the charm. She got it right with the lining and the dress fits her style perfectly.
    I wish she would have picked non-black shoes to really knock it out of the park but these sandals are nice too.

2. TeaAtTwo October 5, 2011 at 00:35 #

I still love the red version presented on the catwalk.

• Fashion Critic October 5, 2011 at 00:36 #

They are all burgundy. They appear black because of the light on the red carpet.

3. Dee October 5, 2011 at 00:45 #

I think the dress loses something being lined. Maybe I’m tacky on the inside, but I think Constance looked amazing in this dress, exposed bra and panties and all!

• P. October 5, 2011 at 01:57 #

So do I !!! The lost you mean is the sexyness . The lined version isn’t that provocative, it has the gothic charm and that regail air is somehow serious, which matches Eva’s personality, so she looks great. However, Constance looks unbelievable amazing, even with exposed bra she doesn’t look tacky, mainly because seduction isn’t on the outfit, but on who wears it.

4. LizLemooooon October 5, 2011 at 00:46 #

Gorgeous, mysterious and elegant. I love Eva, she doesn’t need super high heels or any extra stuff, she just KNOWS how to WERQ high fashion.

5. TeaAtTwo October 5, 2011 at 00:48 #

OK, I love red the shoes that went with runway look too, makes the black shoes(Eva’s were a bit more interesting) worn with it so far even more dull.

6. chocolatepluscheese October 5, 2011 at 01:24 #

Yes! So glad to see Eva Green on the red carpet again. She is smoldering.

7. MG October 5, 2011 at 01:36 #

she looks amazing… seems she’s back on track. and i wish she wear more pieces from the collection. gothic gowns really suit her

8. milex October 5, 2011 at 01:55 #

It is like the first time in ages I have so diffrent opinion than you because I think Ciara look so much better in this dress and I usually love Eva but here I would say she looks much older than she really is.

• hauteness October 5, 2011 at 13:09 #

+1 … Ciara still wins for me too!

• Nat39 October 5, 2011 at 18:42 #

Ciara still wins for me too by a mile. She worked it and rocked it and outshined both other ladies. That black body suit (the nude “color” is not her nude) showed off her fantastic sexy body just to the right point without crossing the tacky line, and the simple pulled back hair and very simple strap-free elegant pumps prevented the look from entering Tackyville, USA.

9. Parvati October 5, 2011 at 01:57 #

I’m not quite sure about this one. She does look good and the nude lining is definitely the best way to wear this dress, but I don’t like that we get to see a bit of the lining under the hem. Plus, I would have liked it if the dress was a tad shorter, because, with these shoes (which are great, by the way), makes her legs appear rather short. Of course, it could also be her posture in this picture, which looks a bit awkward.

10. This is how it’s done!

11. DivaDebbi (Beauty & Fashion Blog) October 5, 2011 at 02:35 #

FC why does it looks so perfect on the runway? There are no visible undergarments.

I think lining is the ticket but would prefer it more nude. This looks a bit too opaque to me.

• Fashion Critic October 5, 2011 at 08:09 #

I think it is a nude lining on the runway

• Fashion Critic October 5, 2011 at 08:10 #

or no bra and a nude thong

12. Carolina October 5, 2011 at 02:42 #

This is a much better look! I like the model’s shoes better, but overall, it works really well. I did not like the totally sheer thing a bit.

13. Jerusa October 5, 2011 at 02:43 #

I agree 100% with you FC she looks sexier than the preveious two! IMO she’s giving them a run for their money ;)

14. NooG October 5, 2011 at 02:57 #

I think that Ciara does it the most justice, though I liked this lined version the best. However, I think Eva looks rather…creepy in the dress. Perhaps it’s the makeup, hair, expression, or combination of all three but I don’t think she looks her best here.

15. kimi xx October 5, 2011 at 02:57 #

I don’t know, I agree with some one else, the dress kind of lose the appeal or the essence of elegance. I just now see it as quite maiden like…or granny, sorry to say. Or maybe its the fitting…because something is a bit off for me.

16. Armaghan October 5, 2011 at 03:15 #

I Still Love Constance Look Better.
    the dress lost it’s Sexiness here.Not a fan.

17. doc October 5, 2011 at 03:17 #

Wow, of all the ladies in the world, Eva Green, perpetual queen of all things strange and unflattering, is the one to tame this dress. Shocked and impressed.

18. Shaina October 5, 2011 at 03:59 #

I love it lined. It looks great on her and not so trashy.

19. Jackie October 5, 2011 at 04:07 #

This is what it looks like to work it. She is owning the hell out of this dress.

20. Dirk October 5, 2011 at 04:40 #

I miss Eva SO MUCH on the red carpet. She’s always interesting and pulls alot of difficult looks off. Hope to see more of her!

21. Rebecca Z October 5, 2011 at 05:24 #

She looks fabulous–very regal. I think the others look good in the dress too, but she has it going on. I also like her hair and makeup–dress looks very sexy from the back. I would nominate her for BDOTW.

22. Vidhya October 5, 2011 at 06:10 #

lol… i just checked out the other two.. they look tacky.. but I would like a nude/ skin coloured lining as opposed to a white one.. it appears stark against the black..

23. laura D October 5, 2011 at 07:01 #

This is a case where dark makeup is perfect.

Love the look.

24. Pati October 5, 2011 at 07:33 #

I don’t mind the dress being seethrough at all. Anja Rubik wore a gown from this collection and she looked absolutely sensational, not a hint of tacky. This look does not quite cut it for me. The hair and make up is really distracting and although Inappreciate the effort with her shoes, they don’t work for me either… Shame, because this dress is a knock out!

25. Emi October 5, 2011 at 08:08 #

Eva is gorgeous, classy and never boring. I love this from head to toe. Effortlessly sexy. BDOTW, for me.

26. Lucinda October 5, 2011 at 09:23 #

I agree that the lined version wins hands down, but I am not keen on the colour of lining on Eva’s dress. It appears a sort of wishy washy grey which doesnt make the velvet look the same sumptious colour it is on the runway.
    I love the nods to autumn/winter that we’re seeing now, like lots of velvet.

• Elaine2 October 5, 2011 at 13:18 #

I prefer it lined too, and you’re right the color of her lining seems off. I also like the red shoes on the runway much better than black……..

27. Jones19 October 5, 2011 at 10:08 #

Finally! Someone who gets it right.

28. el October 5, 2011 at 10:19 #

something is really weird about her face…. it’s as though she’s eyebrowless… and i saw more pics and I still don’t like her make up..

29. hauteness October 5, 2011 at 13:12 #

Not sexy…but nice!

30. Giuseppi Giraffe October 5, 2011 at 17:23 #

I agree with you 100%
    I couldn’t even choose who wore better between ciara and constance- the visible underwear? Way better lined.

31. nadine October 6, 2011 at 04:04 #

Eva’s lining wins it for me, I like to see the design of the lace,

32. lulu October 7, 2011 at 01:01 #

on the model it looks great i would buy that dress but she made it look gloomy and scary

33. T. October 7, 2011 at 15:59 #

This dress fits her style perfectly!

34. Jen October 8, 2011 at 16:39 #

okay, yes, it’s better not to see the underwear, but I think the hem is too long and I’m not a fan of the shoes or the crazyville makeup.