When I reviewed the Dw by Kanye West Spring 2012 collection I ended it by saying, “Will celebrities wear this collection? Most definitely.”

I hate to gloat, but it looks like I was right.

Despite critics panning the collection, a 3rd look from the Dw by Kanye West Spring 2012 collection makes an appearance on the red carpet since it was presented just 3 days ago.

I saw Anna Dello Russo wearing this plunging black dress at the Alexander McQueen Spring 2012 presentation yesterday evening.

The Editor-at-Large for Vogue Nippon even accessorized with the ‘Yeezy’ gold nameplate necklace and a pair of the Giuseppe Zanotti heels created especially for the show.

Even though Anna and I aren’t besties, I will admit she does look really good in this dress.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Eva Green In Emilio Pucci - 'Perfect Sense' London Premiere

Eva Green In Emilio Pucci – ‘Perfect Sense’ London Premiere

Who Wore Victoria Beckham Better? Eva Longoria or Victoria Beckham

Who Wore Victoria Beckham Better? Eva Longoria or Victoria Beckham

47 Responses to Anna Dello Russo In Dw by Kanye West – Alexander McQueen Spring 2012 Presentation

1. LizLemooooon October 5, 2011 at 00:44 #

I was right too FC! Let’s be smug together ; p

She looks great but I’d prefer different, higher, more gladiotor style shoes and maybe a high ponytail but otherwise this is a good look on her, LOVE that she included the necklace.

• Fashion Critic October 5, 2011 at 00:46 #

Yes, lets ;)

• I think she prefers to wear looks more or less exactly the way they were worn on the runway. I read that in an interview but am far too lazy to ever check on that. That’ll explain the necklace, though.

Oh, and I’ll join you guys in the smugness if you don’t mind ;-)

• Jana Grnevska October 5, 2011 at 11:42 #

yeah she said that designers take time to put looks together and she thinks its disrespectful to them by mixing and matching
        HAHA LOVE the yeezy necklace
        its just so comical because it is SO not ADR
        she is the opposite of everything kanye is

2. Tamia October 5, 2011 at 00:51 #

Um,mutton springs to mind ;) i really hate her style and think she’s so overrated, she has no personal style..she just wears everything! “Even though Anna and I aren’t besties” did u two fall out fc babe?
    hope u are having a lovely time in Paris FC darling you deserve it x

• Fashion Critic October 5, 2011 at 08:12 #

she was a bit rude to me in Milan

3. B October 5, 2011 at 01:17 #

I knew you were right when you said people would wear it, but I find myself wondering if it’s not just to tap the Kanye-associated publicity circus. She normally looks so much more exciting than this, no? Those shoes remind me of complementary bathroom slippers! Much prefer the black strappy heels. Also, if her hair wasn’t where it is, do you think it might be a bit…much?

• Parvati October 5, 2011 at 12:21 #

Yeah, I guess the hair is placed in such a way to prevent the dress from looking tacky. Although Anna Dello Russo’s dress does seem to have a less open neckline. But even then, I think that, if the hair wasn’t there, yeah, it would be a bit much.

• maria October 5, 2011 at 16:24 #

i totally agree with you about the shoes. Can you say comfy houseslippers? Does not work with the dress at all for me.

4. molly October 5, 2011 at 01:26 #

The collection is clearly what Kayne wants to see more women in-nothing. That gap is too wide, how does she keep it from falling off?

• Jana Grnevska October 5, 2011 at 11:43 #

I think that gap was done on the runway just too push the boundaries and be a little more provocative. On anna it doesnt show THAT much and it covers her whole shoulders so i doubt it would be anywhere near falling off.

5. Marybeth October 5, 2011 at 01:55 #

Not bad — although those shoes should definitely be drawn, quartered, and hung at sunset.

I can’t help wondering how that dress would look flipped front to back.

• Hermoine October 5, 2011 at 15:07 #

6. Julie October 5, 2011 at 02:02 #

The look on this woman’s face scares the crap out of me.

7. Parvati October 5, 2011 at 02:03 #

She looks really good in this dress, but I hate these shoes…

• Mick October 5, 2011 at 12:00 #

8. Juanpyx October 5, 2011 at 02:16 #

I just saw you here!!!!!!! so excited!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgnztuVaSfA&feature=related

• Fashion Critic October 5, 2011 at 08:25 #

OMG…that is Major. Thanks for sharing

• manja October 5, 2011 at 11:02 #

just looked at it,you look and sound great-:))))
        D & G! not bad,not bad at all

• Fashion Critic October 5, 2011 at 11:12 #

9. Clover October 5, 2011 at 02:28 #

Wait… does the necklace actually say ‘Yeezy’? What does that mean? It doesn’t sound nice, whatever it is.

• Fashion Critic October 5, 2011 at 08:10 #

Kanye’s nickname

• Amanda October 6, 2011 at 20:35 #

I like how I am quite a fashion novice and still with lots to learn but I knew the answer to that! music is more my thing!

10. DivaDebbi (Beauty & Fashion Blog) October 5, 2011 at 02:31 #

Love the dress. Hate the shoes.

11. Carolina October 5, 2011 at 02:40 #

uh, no. Not with those shoes, not with the hair as it is. And she does not have the figure or height to work this look.

12. NooG October 5, 2011 at 02:59 #

I’m glad you were right FC. I actually liked a lot of his collection and am glad various celebrities, fashion lovers, etc. are supporting Kanye’s collection. Part of me wonders if there would have been a more positive response had a less controversial celebrity presented this collection.

13. Moxie October 5, 2011 at 03:15 #

She looks like she’s wearing bedroom slippers on her feet. Looks good from the ankles up.

14. Jen October 5, 2011 at 03:20 #

She looks like she’s wearing marshmallows on her feet. Those shoes are hideous. The dress looks good on her, though.

15. Jane October 5, 2011 at 03:53 #

FC do you have some beef with ADR?

16. Martin October 5, 2011 at 05:50 #

I imagine that the the pieces are being worn because Kanye is providing them to celebrities for free. He is one well-connected individual, but that will only take him so far.

The real test will be at retail, because if he isn’t selling this stuff there won’t be any cash flow to actually produce more collections and stage more shows. As for the dress itself, I find it underwhelming although it was one of the better pieces presented during the show. And the shoes are just plain ugly.

• Emi October 5, 2011 at 08:10 #

I agree with you about Kanye’s collection. I also find it absurd that it was presented in Paris, but money can buy many things. The dress is quite cute, nothing special anyway and I agree with you again about the shoes.

• Ade October 5, 2011 at 10:22 #

THIS

17. Vidhya October 5, 2011 at 06:08 #

that is ONE AMAZING NECKLINE on the runway version… whoa..

• arabeszk October 5, 2011 at 13:37 #

yes. Especially shown on Eniko Mihalik, who has IMO one of the most killing body in model world

18. mikeijames October 5, 2011 at 07:12 #

it pays to be a sample size, no?

19. Michelle October 5, 2011 at 10:06 #

Although this dress looks amazing on her, I look at the shoes and shudder.

20. Jones19 October 5, 2011 at 10:12 #

The model looks fantastic but Anna can’t pull this off to save her life.

21. Katey October 5, 2011 at 11:44 #

I think She looks great in this dress.
    Even though I love much more this dress on the model, Mihalik Enikő. (Eniko Mihalik) She’s hungarian as I am. :)

And I love those white Giuseppe Zanotti Shoes.

22. Elaine2 October 5, 2011 at 13:12 #

I think she looks ridiculous in this get-up. Maybe part of it has to do with the way she is posing and looking like such a prima dona…..hate the shoes, they remind me of bedroom slippers.

23. Hannah October 5, 2011 at 15:40 #

I really just cannot look past the shoes, they look like bibs.

24. andrea October 5, 2011 at 15:47 #

Why is the fashion elite promoting his line? I’m really scratching my head here.

25. mol October 5, 2011 at 16:18 #

Like others, I quite like the dress, but i’m struggling with the shoes – maybe with the right kind of cropped pants they would work…..they look like open toed snowshoes, like something you might wear in the high artic in the summer!

26. cheryl October 5, 2011 at 18:13 #

imo, if you’re gonna wear this dress, JUST FLAUNT THE NECKLINE FOR GOODNESS SAKE.

it is like the trademark of the dress.
    the way she uses her hair to cover the neckline is just dumb

• becca October 5, 2011 at 19:31 #

agreed! pull the hair up. if you aren’t comfortable, wear a more conservative dress!

27. micheline October 5, 2011 at 18:56 #

My god, at first I thought she was wearing fur-lined Crocs…. how frightful

28. beadingchef October 5, 2011 at 18:57 #

The dress and the shoes together, no! And the shoes are just ugly and I am o not impressed with the line.

29. Amber October 6, 2011 at 03:08 #

She’s a celebrity? In her own mind, maybe. And could that outfit, hair, and shoe choice be any more hideous?