05.10.11 Menswear, Premiere

Alexander Skarsgard In YSL – ‘Melancholia’ New York Film Festival Premiere

Alexander Skarsgard joined Kirsten Dunst on the red carpet for the ‘Melancholia’ Premiere during the New York Film Festival this week.

The very handsome actor wore a classic Yves Saint Laurent navy wool suit with a fitted khaki dress shirt.

A navy satin tie and brown dress shoes with double monk straps completed his look.

I’m glad to see another actor isn’t going for a red carpet look outside the typical black suit.

Having breathed the same air as Alexander at the Mulberry party during New York Fashion Week, I admire Kirsten for not passing out in his presence.

Credit: Getty

Milla Jovovich In Salvatore Ferragamo - ‘The Three Musketeers’ World Premiere

Milla Jovovich In Salvatore Ferragamo – ‘The Three Musketeers’ World Premiere

Kirsten Dunst In Derek Lam - Bulgari Le Gemme Eyewear Collection Launch

Kirsten Dunst In Derek Lam – Bulgari Le Gemme Eyewear Collection Launch

24 Responses to Alexander Skarsgard In YSL – ‘Melancholia’ New York Film Festival Premiere

1. Jen October 5, 2011 at 17:02 #

Hmm, YSL isn’t really a fit for him. He looks better in his usual Tom Ford or Burberry.

(he and Kirsten would be a totally cute blonde couple though)

2. LizLemooooon October 5, 2011 at 17:06 #

He looks so handsome. This is a nice casual, modern take on suits.. Not sure about the olive green shirt but altogether this is a good look and it’s refreshing to see more men trying colour on the red carpet and taking care in their appearance.

3. Jones19 October 5, 2011 at 17:14 #

He looks flawless (as usual). Love the navy and the khaki combo, very chic. I’ve noticed that Alex is very stiff looking on the red carpet, I wish he would relax a little. Thank you FC for featuring more men, love it :)

4. Rebecca Z October 5, 2011 at 17:15 #

He certainly looks handsome and can carry off a suit with this narrow a fit, but I wish it were a 1/2 size larger in the jacket–a minor quibble. Love the khaki shirt with the blue suit and tie. Yummy.

5. A October 5, 2011 at 17:21 #

Yay, thanks for featuring him, FC! I also thought he looked amazing at this premiere, so well dressed! <3 And together with Kirsten, they just made such a smashing couple!

6. bee7 October 5, 2011 at 17:58 #

the khaki dress shirt is a fresh choice and it actually complements his hair. however, i am not feeling the brown shoes.

7. Nat39 October 5, 2011 at 18:01 #

The suit seems too small for him, the pants and the sleeves could´ve been a bit longer. The color mix – navy with brown and khaki – is awful, doesn´t work.

8. Vidhya October 5, 2011 at 18:10 #

ROFL.. u r so much the smitten kitten :D

9. Paulo October 5, 2011 at 18:34 #

I love that color combination on him!

10. dee October 5, 2011 at 18:42 #

He looks great. Everything is well-fitted and complimentary.

• dee October 6, 2011 at 14:12 #

Actually the suit could be somewhat larger, it looks a little small.

11. Paulo October 5, 2011 at 19:21 #

Geez, I can’t stop going back to this picture. LOL.

12. heather October 5, 2011 at 19:28 #

The suit looks great, but why does he always pose like a Ken doll? He needs to loosen up a bit!

• Jen October 6, 2011 at 01:20 #

He’s generally just kind of an awkward guy, that’s why I love him, haha.

13. mol October 5, 2011 at 20:05 #

The jacket seems a little small/short but I love the color combos and definitely a heart breakingly handsome man….

14. Emi October 5, 2011 at 20:27 #

I don’t like the shoes, but… who cares? He’s so gorgeous…

15. Gisela October 5, 2011 at 23:27 #

ñam ñam!! I love Alex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Trisha October 5, 2011 at 23:51 #

The navy + brown color combo is amazing. Thank goodness he didn’t opt to complete his outfit with black shoes this time. While black is always more than appropriate and very safe for men, I think brown shoes worn the right way can be very classy, as this is.

17. TeaAtTwo October 6, 2011 at 00:25 #

Battle between Alexander and Ryan Gosling for red carpet hunk.

18. Victor October 6, 2011 at 00:54 #

Wooohoool, thanks FC for more men on the red carpet!
    Really nice look, is making me want to run and buy clothes in those same colors!

19. Barbs October 6, 2011 at 01:20 #

This blog is even better! I adore your taste in fashion (and I believe I might say in men too ;)! My two favorites have made it here (Gosling and Skaarsgard, what a team!)!

20. Cate October 6, 2011 at 02:57 #

He’s giving Ryan Gosling a run for his money!

21. CINDY October 6, 2011 at 14:05 #

He does look really good but I wish he had gone up a size for the jacket. It looks a little bit too fitted, of maybe it’s just the awkward stiff pose that gives me this impression. The Gosling is still the most gorgeous men on the red carpet IMO. Nobody can compete with his lovely childish self-confidence and overall sexiness ;).