04.10.11 Premiere

Lea Michele In ASOS – ‘American Horror Story’ LA Premiere

Following a very brief trip to France for the Hogan by Karl Lagerfeld Spring 2012 presentation during Paris Fashion Week, Lea Michele attended the ‘American Horror Stories’ LA Premiere which was held at the Arclight Cinerama Dome last night.

The ‘Glee’ actress opted to go super-short by wearing an ASOS lace top with a high neckline.

Yes it is a top according to the ASOS.com.

Her micro mini with a key-hole detail, scallop trims and cap sleeves was paired with Brian Atwood ‘Cohen’ ankle booties.

Her last look is too overwhelming; this is way too short and the booties don’t work for me.

Sadly, Lea continues to struggle to find a middle ground and a winning style which doesn’t look like she’s trying too hard.

I wish she would just relax.

Credit: Getty

Evangeline Lily In Reem Acra - 'Real Steel' LA Premiere

Evangeline Lily In Reem Acra – ‘Real Steel’ LA Premiere

Kimberley Walsh In Blugirl - 2011 Pride of Britain Awards

Kimberley Walsh In Blugirl – 2011 Pride of Britain Awards

30 Responses to Lea Michele In ASOS – ‘American Horror Story’ LA Premiere

1. Emalie October 4, 2011 at 16:05 #

I have two major issues with this dress/top. Firstly it’s way too short! Secondly it looks like a Marc Jacobs knock off.

The boots would look good with jeans not this dress.

She really needs to tone down. Or change stylist.

• molly October 4, 2011 at 21:53 #

It does look like a Marc Jacobs knock off! I couldnt figure it out at first, but that sums it up pretty well.

2. Alina October 4, 2011 at 16:05 #

Bad…

3. Moxie October 4, 2011 at 16:09 #

I don’t mind the length really, but the shoes are too clunky for this look. A strappy shoe would have been much better.

4. Laura October 4, 2011 at 16:14 #

I don’t know. I kinda dig this look (a little less now that I found out it is a top). Lea always seems to be going for mature looks which look really funky with her posing. At least this look is young and fierce, and her posing kind of makes sense.

She looks like a hot twenty-something, and the neckline keeps it from entering Jersey Shore territory. This is in no way Lea’s best look, but I do like it.

5. la-karenina October 4, 2011 at 16:14 #

What??? Is that a top? I guess since she’s not tall she can use tops as dresses.

6. Zineb October 4, 2011 at 16:19 #

Why is this girl trying so hard ??
    She needs to tone down her DIVA attitude, she ain’t no diva !! She’s just a tv show actress singer !!
    too much make up, too much posing with the JLO kinda look ( well at least it suits Jlo cause she is a diva , haha) , & I do agree with you FC, she just needs to relax LOL !

7. Parvati October 4, 2011 at 16:29 #

I don’t like this look. I guess the top could look cute if it was paired with the right pants or skirt or if it was worn as a longer dress, but now it’s just way too short. The booties don’t work at all with the dress and I don’t really like her hair, either. I only like the make-up, which matches the dress.

8. McKenzie October 4, 2011 at 16:36 #

Her expressions are ridiculous.

9. Rebecca Z October 4, 2011 at 16:57 #

I agree with you,FC, she needs to relax and find her natural style. But her makeup and earring here are stunning–pout aside :>

10. rebecca October 4, 2011 at 17:17 #

Don’t like it very much, and it’s so obvious it’s a Marc Jacobs knockoff! Brian Atwood even retweeted a tweet that was saying something along the lines of ‘Lea wore her Marc Jacobs dress with BA booties’. Yikes!

11. dee October 4, 2011 at 17:23 #

This actually would have been cute if it were a dress. She needs about 6 inches added to the length.

• maria October 4, 2011 at 18:46 #

i agree. i actually like it but i am concerned (in a Tim Gunn voice) about her sitting down.
      on the other hand, had i those legs, i might go even shorter.

12. Lancel October 4, 2011 at 17:48 #

This looks ridiculous

13. andi October 4, 2011 at 18:33 #

Her posing is so ridiculous. She needs to relax, big time. Everytime I see a picture of her, I can appreciate her style but it just all seems so insincere. Not my favorite celebrity, but she could totally do it and totally be the belle of the ball if only she’d just…re-lax!

14. Tabby October 4, 2011 at 19:19 #

Way too short. If I can almost see your vagina, you should put on a pair of pants.

15. Alex October 4, 2011 at 19:20 #

Usually I’m a fan of her style, but IMO this is one of her worst looks ever.
    But more important, FC did you see her co-star Naya Rivera at the same event? She looked great, I think she finally hired a good stylist because lately she toned down her looks and she looks beautful.

• Fashion Critic October 4, 2011 at 20:08 #

Yes…I will update that one when back from shows

• maria October 4, 2011 at 22:07 #

that’s what i thought. She has nailed it at the Emmys and now at this premiere. It has to be a new stylist.

16. robbie October 4, 2011 at 20:08 #

LEA QUIT WITH THE SEXY FACE! you dont look sexy, you look ridiculous. the whole outfit screams hooker.

can someone teach her sometimes tops are actually meant to be tops and not dresses.

17. argentina October 4, 2011 at 20:39 #

Today ends mi hope on Lea to change. Maybe we lost her fashionist glorious days. Shame on her

18. andrea October 4, 2011 at 21:12 #

The title of the movie at this premier is very fitting for Lea’s ensemble and overall sense of style.

19. molly October 4, 2011 at 21:55 #

I will start with what I do like: Her hair and makeup are flawless and really work with the dress. The color of the dress is amazing on her, and I really like the shoes(not so much with the dress). I like the jacket thing she has on, but that dress is way to short. Her legs look long, but they also look fat in this. Add another couple inches and we will talk.

20. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) October 4, 2011 at 22:07 #

The sihouette reminds me of my 7th grade gym uniform. Naturally, this is not a good thing.

21. Teleholic October 4, 2011 at 22:34 #

Um, no. Sorry, sweetie. You don’t get to pose like that until you’ve reached the Diane Krugerian standard of cool.

22. Elaine2 October 4, 2011 at 23:26 #

She obviously thinks she’s hot stuff! Lately her attitude has been really obnoxious. The dress is too short and the eyeliner is too heavy. You’re right, she needs to calm down.

23. argentina October 4, 2011 at 23:44 #

Wish Lea read this

24. Jones19 October 5, 2011 at 10:20 #

Oh goodness Lea what happened? NEVER wear a top as a dress! She looks like she’s trying way way way too hard.

25. argentina October 5, 2011 at 19:27 #

hookers and drag queens wear those dresses here in argentina.

26. lulu October 7, 2011 at 01:04 #

i think her grandma dresses her she has nooooooooo idea what looks good and what doesnt