Anna Kendrick In Georges Hobeika Couture – “50/50″ New York Premiere

Anna Kendrick ended her day of promotional duties by attending her ‘50/50’ New York Premiere on Monday night.

The actress upped her shoe game by wearing gold Christian Louboutin sandals with her Georges Hobeika Couture Fall 2011 Couture dress.

I think I would’ve lost the will to live had she paired this dress with Brian Atwood ‘Maniac’ pumps.

Her shortened lavender cocktail of lace and crepe georgette with a Swarovski embroidered waist belt was the perfect choice after a succession of not-so-impressive looks recently.

She styled her hair into a soft updo and complementary makeup.

Anna decided to opt for a mother-of-pearl Judith Leiber ‘Madrid’ flip-top minaudière and Kwiat diamonds to provide the finishing touches to her look.

Credit: Fashion Windows.net & Getty

Demi Moore In Chanel - "Five" New York Screening

Demi Moore In Chanel – “Five” New York Screening

Who Wore Moschino Better? Lady Gaga or Anna Faris

Who Wore Moschino Better? Lady Gaga or Anna Faris

19 Responses to Anna Kendrick In Georges Hobeika Couture – “50/50″ New York Premiere

1. DivaDebbi (Beauty & Fashion Blog) September 28, 2011 at 03:06 #

Oh FC that comment about the “maniac” shoes made me laugh!!! Couldn’t agree more.

I just love this dress on the model, not as much on Anna in the bust area.

• Amanda September 28, 2011 at 18:59 #

It made me laugh too!

2. CreoleLady September 28, 2011 at 09:03 #

Sigh. Adore the dress on the runway. This chop, um, shortened length probably was the best thing for Anna but I wish someone with more height had worn the dress so that the beautiful shape of the skirt could have been showcased unaltered.

• Jones19 September 28, 2011 at 10:01 #

Agreed, the dress loses a lot of its appeal on Anna but she still looks better than she has in a while. Love the shoes.

• dee September 28, 2011 at 13:25 #

I agree. The fit is off but it is an improvement.

• Leti September 28, 2011 at 14:21 #

3. doc September 28, 2011 at 12:59 #

I don’t like it on the model and definitely not on her. It looks like a giant purple Swiffer duster. If this really is the best she has looked in a long time then perhaps she should stay home and skip red carpet events.

• CreoleLady September 28, 2011 at 14:30 #

Giant purple Swiffer! I still love the dress on the model and like it on Anna but your point is well-taken, lmao.

4. DivaDebbi (Beauty & Fashion Blog) September 28, 2011 at 13:45 #

I don’t mean to be unkind but Anna always reminds me of Eddie Munster…It’s the low hairline and the oversized veneers.

• Fashion Critic September 28, 2011 at 13:57 #

oopsy lol

5. Jones19 September 28, 2011 at 14:17 #

LOL you’re so right :D

6. maria September 28, 2011 at 15:11 #

i love this dress. The colour is great on her and she did good with the shoes.

7. Blackwhitetaffy September 28, 2011 at 15:44 #

I LOVE THIS DRESS!! So pretty!!! I really Love this color!!

8. Hannah September 28, 2011 at 16:38 #

Most importantly – the shoes! <3
    Thankgod, I was beggining to worry, this is such a classic Anna look, the gorgeous dress with great ahir, a beautiful smile, great makeup and great shoes (not quite her old standards, but baby steps, baby steps!)
    My only two teensy-weensy issues are hte skirt, which I wish was maybe an inch or two longer because I prefer the shape it is on the runway, and the clutch, which I love as a seperate commodity, but if the black had been ivory or gold, it would hae been better, though it is stunning!

9. Alina September 28, 2011 at 17:28 #

I personally think that this is the best she’s looked since her Zac Posen number at the MTV Movie Awards.

10. mj September 28, 2011 at 17:31 #

Aside from that yellow ASOS dress that I am going to have to buy, I find most of her looks to be SO aging and boring. Especially when she does her hair like this. It looks so bridesmaid.

11. Maegan September 28, 2011 at 19:55 #

I love the dress but I think it makes Anna looked washed out. The color would really compliment someone with darker skin.

12. abd al rahman September 28, 2011 at 19:59 #

George hobika very elegant and stunning

13. Lucía September 28, 2011 at 21:18 #