27.09.11

2011 Metropolitan Opera Season Opening Night Performance Of “Anna Bolena”

We’ve seen Leelee Sobieski, so here are some more great looks from the 2011 Metropolitan Opera Season’s opening night performance of ‘Anna Bolena’ in New York City last night.

Crystal Renn: Not many can out-diva Coco Rocha, but Crystal comes very close. The model looked breathtaking wearing a gold Zac Posen Resort 2012 gold sequin gown. A neat updo and beautiful red pout put her in contention for BDOTW.

Christine Baranski: The ‘Good Wife’ actress may have been wearing a well-worn Dolce & Gabbana sequin strapless dress, but she wore it very well. My admiration continues to grow for her elegance and style.

Tyra Banks: The same can’t be said for Tyra Banks. She wore a blush strapless ruched bodice Roberto Cavalli gown with a large ruffled skirt. The gown feels too comical with all those flamenco ruffles. Whilst we’ve seen them a lot on the runway for Spring 2012, I would love to see Tyra in something toned down for a change. She tries way too hard and with limited success. The ANTM host accessorized with a Nicholai by Nicky Hilton ring, a gold clutch and black tassel earrings which have been all the rage this Spring 2012 fashion week.

Archie Panjabi: Christine’s co-star made a very rare red carpet appearance. She wore a simple black Angel Sanchez bustier gown. She accessorized with Chopard jewels and a Judith Leiber ‘Alhambra’ violin-sided minaudière.

Credit: Getty

27 Comments
Anna Kendrick In ASOS - "FOX & Friends"

Anna Kendrick In ASOS – “FOX & Friends”

Roberto Cavalli Spring 2012

Roberto Cavalli Spring 2012

27 Responses to 2011 Metropolitan Opera Season Opening Night Performance Of “Anna Bolena”

1. noo September 27, 2011 at 23:21 #

crystal looks awesome, christine is my role model, archie looks fine and not trying hard. as for tyra, her whole look would have been elevated if she just waited for her hair to dry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Hermoine September 27, 2011 at 23:37 #

I am just getting a less metropolitan opera vibe and more of a grand ole opry one from tyra’s dress.

3. Nat39 September 27, 2011 at 23:53 #

Crystal´s unflattering hairstyle, not the best silhouette, non existent eye makeup, and overly defined distracting eyebrows drag her off the BDOTW list for me.
    Christine Baranski wears her gown so well, with so much elegance, can´t help but admire her, agree.
    If Tyra had to pose for her own model show, she would´ve failed the photoshoot. She looks ridiculous in that dress.
    Archie is not working that sexy gown at all.

• chocolatepluscheese September 28, 2011 at 02:21 #

I agree about Crystal. Her brows really bother me and she’s making a weird face/pout that makes her look a bit mannish.

I actually like the drama of Tyra’s dress, but not with her. I think it’s her attitude that makes the dress seem comical.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty & Fashion Blog) September 28, 2011 at 03:18 #

I also don’t love how this neckline became almost sweetheart when adjusted for production.

• Emi September 28, 2011 at 07:54 #

I agree with you, Nat39. I’d like to add that Tyra’s hair is awful and the earrings are nonsense considering the hairstyle and the dress. That beautiful gown by Zac Posen deserved a better styling, definitely.

• Elaine2 September 29, 2011 at 01:23 #

completely agree

4. Paulo September 28, 2011 at 01:12 #

I love how radiant and elegant Christine Baranski looks – and the different textures of black keeps her look from looking ‘flat’.

5. argentina September 28, 2011 at 01:41 #

Crystal looks stunning and Christine very elegant. Shame on Tyra, again.

6. micheline September 28, 2011 at 03:33 #

Crystal Renn: Wow. Love the dress, the hair, the makeup. BDOTW for sure!!

7. Raquel September 28, 2011 at 04:30 #

FC, why do you say Christine is in a well-worn Dolce & Gabbana? I don’t remember seeing her wearing this dress before..

• Fashion Critic September 28, 2011 at 07:33 #

The dress she is wearing has been worn by a least 10 other celebrities before her

• BeatofA September 28, 2011 at 16:32 #

kylie minogue was one of the first ones to wear it

8. glenn September 28, 2011 at 05:31 #

Tyra looks like crap

9. CreoleLady September 28, 2011 at 08:37 #

Do not like Renn’s dress, hairstyle, pose or facial expression. The dress is a little too Solid Gold dancer for me. Love Cristine Baranski’s dress and the way she wears it. If ten other celebs have worn it then kudos to her as I did not recognize the dress and it looks fresh on her. Interesting – the poses of both actresses are more appealing and relaxed than those of the two models.

10. Jones19 September 28, 2011 at 10:07 #

Crystal looks amazing here, BDOTW contender for sure. Christine’s style is flawless, love this woman. Tyra oh Tyra…yes she tries too hard most of the time but when she goes effortless she can look stunning. I have no idea who Archie Panjabi is but she looks like she could be J.Lo and Gloria Estefan’s love child.

11. robbie September 28, 2011 at 12:34 #

after looking at a few pictures of crystal, she appears to have the same facial expression in all the pictures. horrid dress.

christine looks absolutely flawless. tyra looks a mess. archie looks good but the necklace annoys me.

12. rebecca o September 28, 2011 at 12:50 #

Christine looks amazing. Crystal’s face ruins the dress for me.

13. Tera September 28, 2011 at 14:07 #

Archie’s gown is J. Mendel.

14. Mreid September 28, 2011 at 14:16 #

Tyra, you are not on your way to becoming America’s Next Top Model. You must pack your things and go home.

The Zac Posen dress is gorgeous and Crystal is clearly giving it life with her pose, however for me, her hair and makeup are not the cherry on top. Christine Baranski is chic, as usual. Love it.

15. nthiran September 28, 2011 at 15:10 #

i actually like Tyra in the pale pink dress , kinda reminds of the one that JLo has worn before, i just wish tyra had done her hair in sleek ponytail, woudve totally give a different vibe, she needs a new weave people xD

16. Hannah September 28, 2011 at 16:59 #

Except for Tyra they all look stunning. Crystal is real perfection, and I agree so utterly an dcompletely with what you said about Christine, I love it when ‘older’ stars go on the red carpet because they are always so exquisitely graceful and elegant, and so wonderfully demure, which I find a lot more exciting than mini, mini skirts and tons of attitude. Also, Archie’s clutch is gorgeous!

17. Maria September 28, 2011 at 20:31 #

I actually like Tyra! Minus the hair, of course.

18. FelipeA September 29, 2011 at 05:50 #

FC, i’m shocked you didn’t comment on Tyra’s hair. I mean, it looks like…Yikes