Sarah Jessica Parker In Stella McCartney – 2011 New York City Ballet Fall Gala

Sarah Jessica Parker joined Stella McCartney and other stars on the red carpet last night at the 2011 New York City Ballet Fall Gala, which was held at the David H. Koch Theatre at Lincoln Center.

SJP wore a white Stella McCartney Spring 2012.

Yep, we have another not-yet-hit-the-runway look. Rose McGowan wore the first Spring 2012 dress to her “Conan The Barbarian” LA Premiere last month.

I love Sarah’s one-sleeve white lace dress, but I’m not too crazy about the accessories.

The floral accent is very ‘Carrie Bradshaw’, but the green suede shoes aren’t nearly as exciting at her chic, sexy dress.

I wish that just once SJP would carry a clutch on the red carpet.

Girlfriend loves a shoulder/cross-body bag on the RC.

A purposely messy trademark bun and stand-out jewels completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Zoe Saldana In Preen -  'Cantinflas' LA Premiere

Zoe Saldana In Preen – ‘Cantinflas’ LA Premiere

Beyonce Knowles In Lanvin - "Pulse" Fragrance Launch

Beyonce Knowles In Lanvin – “Pulse” Fragrance Launch

27 Responses to Sarah Jessica Parker In Stella McCartney – 2011 New York City Ballet Fall Gala

1. Mick September 23, 2011 at 12:37 #

I agree completely. The dress is kind of great, but the brooch,the shoes and the bag don’t work at all for me

2. Elaine2 September 23, 2011 at 12:43 #

That dress is really cool. Don’t care for the bag, or the color of the corsage. And, I don’t like the chain necklace that is hiding under the neckline.

I do kind of like those shoes with it, though. What others would you recommend instead? I’m curious..

• Fashion Critic September 23, 2011 at 12:59 #

I would loved some chic silver Manolo’s or Jimmy Choo’s

3. robbie September 23, 2011 at 12:58 #

not liking this at all. normally she looks amazing but the length and then one sleeve just bother me too much. make-up is flawless though.

• Mol September 23, 2011 at 13:21 #

I agree, for me a rare mis-step

4. DivaDebbi (Beauty & Fashion Blog) September 23, 2011 at 13:31 #

I love the dress and don’t mind the brooch. it looks fantastic on her. Hair and makeup are flawless and I like the jewelry.

FC agree completely about the better shoe choice and bag. This dress is crying for a clutch. She has to know better…I don’t get it.

5. Lara September 23, 2011 at 13:32 #

I have to say I disagree with the majority view (so far). I love this look, I love the fit, and I LOVE the shoes… I think they complement the green on the floral accent so well. I can even look past the lack of a clutch. I’m surprised most don’t seem to like it because it would have been a BDOTW nominee for me.

6. Jones19 September 23, 2011 at 13:48 #

No no no SJP, why are you ruining a good dress with tragic accessories like that? They all seem really out of whack, like she threw the first things she saw around the house on.

7. Emi September 23, 2011 at 13:57 #

I love it from head to ankles… I dislike the shoes. The dress in so cute….

8. D September 23, 2011 at 14:26 #

love this dress ..

9. jojo September 23, 2011 at 14:26 #

She looks great i like the dress on her i`m not sure about the accessories and the haie but she looks beautiful .

10. andi September 23, 2011 at 14:44 #

Horrendous accessories but an amazing dress!

11. CreoleLady September 23, 2011 at 15:14 #

The bag, necklaces and bracelets really sabotage this look. I’m trying to see past them. If the underlayment of the lace is the same color as the shoes, then I think she hits it out of the park. I can’t quite tell on my screen.

I can put up with the gardenia. But the other accessories are such a distraction that they drag the look off the BDOTW list for me.

• Rebecca Z September 23, 2011 at 16:04 #

I agree, but I want the gardenia to go, too. Just the dress, the shoes and a coordinating SMALL clutch would be perfect

• Nat39 September 23, 2011 at 19:36 #

I`m starting to notice it`s not the 1st time she sabotages her look with accessories – just awful.
      The dress itself – overly short (on one side) assymetrical hemline, one-shoulder – belongs in the Flinstoneswear department. The heavy eyeliner on the inside of her eyes reduces her eyes to tiny narrow gaps. Fail.

12. fromchi-town September 23, 2011 at 16:20 #

That dress is gorgeous. But you are right FC, if she loses the corsage, the necklace, the bag and changes her shoes – she would be BDOTW!!

13. MG September 23, 2011 at 18:37 #

Agree on the accessories… but she does look great

14. Alina September 23, 2011 at 18:50 #

I don’t like anything about this look.

15. pam September 23, 2011 at 19:00 #

In the summer they wear the fall collection and in the fall they are wearing spring. All just so they can be the first to wear a dress. I would rather be dressed for the appropriate season. That bag and those suede shoes are too casual for the dress. The flower pin makes it look cheap.

16. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) September 23, 2011 at 19:38 #

FC do we know what color do we think this dress is lined in? It does look olivey…hence the shoe choice?

• Fashion Critic September 23, 2011 at 21:34 #

not sure hard to tell even in the close up

17. Taylor September 23, 2011 at 22:35 #

Love the dress and her hair and makeup is perfect. She looks really beautiful in these pics.

18. TeaAtTwo September 24, 2011 at 02:00 #

I kind of hate that celebrities are wearing pieces from collections that haven’t even been presented.

19. adrianna September 24, 2011 at 05:00 #

she needs to start dressing her age. it’s like she’s still stuck in carrie era

20. Erini September 24, 2011 at 05:59 #

Very disappointing for me, am ok with the dress, but nothing else works!

21. nadine September 25, 2011 at 03:11 #

I love gardenias, so can’t say it should go! But the shoe & bag look like they were meant for another outfit, not good.

22. manja September 25, 2011 at 21:44 #

love everything but the bag,she looks lovely