23.09.11 Premiere

Michelle Monaghan In Valentino – “Machine Gun Preacher” LA Premiere

Michelle Monaghan showcased her newly dyed red locks stateside, after it made its debut during the Toronto Film Festival recently.

The actress opted to wear a Valentino beaded dress from the Fall 2011 collection.

Her forest green dress had a sheer yoke with beautiful embellishments on the bodice.

Green patent Brian Atwood pumps matched her dress and she carried a Judith Leiber clutch.

Whilst I love the dress on Michelle, plus the colour is divine on her, my first thought was ice-skater.

I always have that feeling when looking at a sheer or illusion yoke. I guess it’s from watching too many Winter Olympics.

Credit: Getty

Charlize Theron In Chloé - HTC Serves Up NYC Product Launch Event

Charlize Theron In Chloé – HTC Serves Up NYC Product Launch Event

Watch The Moschino Spring 2012 Show Live

Watch The Moschino Spring 2012 Show Live

23 Responses to Michelle Monaghan In Valentino – “Machine Gun Preacher” LA Premiere

1. Nat39 September 23, 2011 at 00:38 #

Matchiness strikes again, the green pumps aren`t working for me here (bring in a pair of skates :)
    Love the forest green colour on her esp. with her red hair but really dislike the way the dress sits on her figure, not flattering at all. Wish she`d covered up her awkward looking knees.

2. Parvati September 23, 2011 at 00:44 #

This dress is so cute and the colour is great. I love that she matched her shoes to the dress.

3. TeaAtTwo September 23, 2011 at 01:34 #

I like the top half of dress. Not too fond of the matchy shoes or the fringe though.

• Christine September 23, 2011 at 09:32 #

I dislike the fringe with a passion: it looks like a ragged curtain. I actually like the matchy shoes, I am a member of the matchy matchy brigade.

4. KateS September 23, 2011 at 01:46 #

I think the demure length overcomes potential ice-dancer risks. She looks lovely – love how that beautiful colour brings out her eyes.

5. Elaine2 September 23, 2011 at 02:41 #

I like the dress on her, the horizontal line at the neckline, the beading, and the color, AND I can really see why a person might think this looks like a skating dress. (As a figure skater myself, I don’t find that too detrimental, though…. :-)) Anyway, I think she looks good, but I wouldn’t nominate this as a Best of The Week………

6. DivaDebbi (Beauty & Fashion Blog) September 23, 2011 at 03:37 #

LOL! Well, I thought I loved it. Now I can’t stop thinking of Nancy Kerrigan.

7. Carolina September 23, 2011 at 04:18 #

Love the yoke, but not the bangs (which just look a mess) or the cut and fit of the bodice, which makes her look bad.

8. Amy September 23, 2011 at 04:28 #

She looks like she’s at a middle school dance in 1993!

9. Linda September 23, 2011 at 04:43 #

I am loving her choices lately. She’s on a roll.

10. Jackie September 23, 2011 at 06:11 #

I love her because she hardly gets it wrong or tries too hard and is always understated and this is another example of why I love her. I’m not quite feeling the matching pumps although I am a fan of the matchy-matchy stuff right now but it’s not terrible so I can get past that. She’s my girl crush! I adore this green color!

• Jackie September 23, 2011 at 06:13 #

The green pumps have grown on me! And I do love her earrings with the dress as well. I feel like there needs to be another color somewhere to break up the green so I’m going to pretend she has a black clutch or perhaps a dark grey or gunmetal one.

11. Tahj September 23, 2011 at 06:39 #

I LOVE it. I love that sheer illusion thing on the bodice, when it’s used in a classy way it can be so stunning. I don’t think ice skater at all. Blue and green are the colors to wear on the red carpet. They look good on everybody and so striking.

12. roxana September 23, 2011 at 08:03 #

ugly bangs!

• Alina September 23, 2011 at 18:52 #

Ditto. I can’t focus on anything else.

• currygirl September 23, 2011 at 22:26 #

Thank you! It has to be said…she is not meant for bangs. They really really bug me, especially because her face is so pretty. :-(

13. Diviya September 23, 2011 at 10:19 #

This look really ages her. I love the colour, but she needs to get rid of those bangs

14. Mick September 23, 2011 at 10:23 #

Agreed on the ice skating costume. Too bad, ’cause I usually really love green dresses. Also, very bad hair and makeup

15. Jones19 September 23, 2011 at 11:12 #

I get the ice skater vibe a lot too but not with this rich green color, I usually get it from Ice blue dresses or white ones. She looks wonderful.

16. Fiona September 23, 2011 at 11:16 #

Don’t like her hair at all, the fringe/bangs are too long, ie they start too high on her forehead. She needs to grow them out .. stat. I like the colour of the dress on her, and her earrings look interesting.

17. D September 23, 2011 at 11:39 #

love the top half of the dress, not those shoes and hairstyle. also hair colour and lip colour doesnt go together :p

18. Rach September 23, 2011 at 12:46 #

I dunno what it is about Michelle but I find her close to unrecognisable every time she changes her hair in any way!

19. AAA September 23, 2011 at 20:56 #