23.09.11

Liv Tyler In Stella McCartney – 2011 New York City Ballet Fall Gala

Liv Tyler joined the other yummy mummies on the red carpet at the 2011 New York City Ballet Fall Gala, which was held at the David H. Koch Theatre at Lincoln Center last night.

The gorgeous actress also wore Stella McCartney.

Her Pre-Fall 2011 black strapless gown has a beautiful embroidered lace bodice with a black tulle skirt.

She swept her tumbling waves over one shoulder and applied a pretty pink shade to her perfect pout.

Black strappy sandals and turquoise chrysoprase and quartz earrings completed her look.

I’ve only just noticed what beautiful blue eyes she has.

Do you see this as a BDOTW contender?

Credit: Getty

Hannah Simone In Dolce & Gabbana - FOX 2014 Programming Presentation

Hannah Simone In Dolce & Gabbana – FOX 2014 Programming Presentation

Kate Bosworth In Peter Pilotto - The Alexa Chung For Madewell Fall 2011 Collection Launch Party

Kate Bosworth In Peter Pilotto – The Alexa Chung For Madewell Fall 2011 Collection Launch Party

21 Responses to Liv Tyler In Stella McCartney – 2011 New York City Ballet Fall Gala

1. Linda September 23, 2011 at 17:11 #

I’m not sure about BDOTW contender. It looks a little goth to me – remember those kids in high school? Maybe it looked better in person than in photo.

2. Lara September 23, 2011 at 17:24 #

I would like to yank the bodice of her dress up a couple inches, add a lovely braclet or stand-out ring. Her make up also does not stand up to the dress she is wearing. But in a slow week, I guess I would put her in as a nominee

3. Rebecca Z September 23, 2011 at 17:27 #

She looks pretty, but I don’t know about BDOTW,

• maria September 23, 2011 at 18:16 #

same here. the dress is not that spectacular. a bit like a negligee….

4. Paddy M September 23, 2011 at 17:35 #

This is the same dress that Jennifer Lawrence wore to the BAFTAs, only Jennifer’s skirt wasn’t tulle. I liked it on Jennifer and I like it on Liv.

5. Mick September 23, 2011 at 17:56 #

Isn’t it similar to the one Jennifer Lawrence wore at the Baftas this year? They are both Stella dresses I think, but the skirt is different. I like this one, but i’m not sure it’s BTOTW contender, she has looked much better in other occasions (like in Givenchy at the MET ball)

6. Jones19 September 23, 2011 at 17:57 #

What a gorgeous gown and Liv wears it well. I just wish she didn’t look so uncomfortable. Some killer confidence is what this look is craving. I’m so jealous of her lips…so plump.

7. Moxie September 23, 2011 at 18:11 #

She looks nice, but there’s nothing special or memorable about this look.

8. doc September 23, 2011 at 18:18 #

I don’t know. It looks too small to me. She just looks really wide in the chest and shoulders. It looks like it would be cut and sized for somebody like Katy Holmes.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) September 23, 2011 at 19:13 #

I like the dress, but don’t love it. I think Liv is too big a Girl for it. IMO it needs a slighter frame and more attitude. To me it looks like she stumbled out of the dressing room to consider it. She’s not selling this look at all.

9. Alina September 23, 2011 at 18:59 #

Beautiful but not BDOTW worthy.

10. Carmen September 23, 2011 at 19:11 #

For some reason, I think this dress looks quite peculiar on her. It looks like she’s hunching her shoulders or something.

11. mj September 23, 2011 at 19:15 #

I think she looks great. I love when she does kind of goth looks like this.

12. Mol September 23, 2011 at 19:16 #

I think the dress sits slightly low but that is my only complaint. I think she looks truly gorgeous otherwise and if u put it BDOTW it certainly won’t upset me!

13. Nat39 September 23, 2011 at 19:18 #

Pretty dress, I like it, and her lovely side-swept waves work so well with it. However, I`m not sure if it`s right choice of a dress for Liv – her upper body is so wide and boxy, I don`t think she can afford to wear a bodice like this, it just doesn`t look right on her. Would prefer a bit brighter makeup. And, please, this is a ..ballet gala, drop those shoulders down and straighten your neck!
    This look could`ve been BDOTW worthy for me on someone else with the right figure, posture and poise.

14. beadingchef September 23, 2011 at 19:21 #

Wow, I got to say in this pic it looks like a nightgown, it i probably a beautiful gown in the flesh, and I agree, she did not look comfortable in it.

15. CreoleLady September 23, 2011 at 19:59 #

Not flattering. Rides too low. No wonder she looks uncomfortable. I find Stella McCartney to be so hit or miss. I wish Liv would stop being so loyal to her designer BFF.

16. bas September 23, 2011 at 20:06 #

I think the look is beautiful and effortles, and she pulls it off with ease. Nothing spectacular though.

17. Eloquence08 September 23, 2011 at 20:23 #

The fit looks off to me, not a BDOTW.

18. D September 26, 2011 at 10:22 #

I love this one :) hum….