Beyonce Knowles In Lanvin – “Pulse” Fragrance Launch

Beyonce Knowles opted for a glam look for her appearance at Macy’s in New York City yesterday whilst promoting her new fragrance, “Pulse”.

She wore an angelic Lanvin Resort 2012 gown.

I was hoping Beyonce was going to give Jessica Alba a run for her money in the maternity style department, but so far she hasn’t.

Beyonce hasn’t really rocked a winning maternity look since she announced to the world she was pregnant at the MTV Music Awards – but it’s still early days and she’s probably still adjusting to her new body.

I find this off-white silk crepe halter gown with a jeweled neckline very Tina Knowles-esque and a  tad overwhelming with the feathers.

I also question whether she was wearing a bra.

Nicholas Kirkwood sandals completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

Natalia Vodianova In Givenchy Couture - Raisa Gorbachev Foundation

Natalia Vodianova In Givenchy Couture – Raisa Gorbachev Foundation

22 Responses to Beyonce Knowles In Lanvin – “Pulse” Fragrance Launch

1. Jones19 September 23, 2011 at 14:53 #

This is a vast improvement on her last two looks (the Kors cutout dress and that too short dress at the other fragrance launch) since they were a little too trying to be sexy for my taste. Maybe I’m weird but wearing skimpy outfits while pregnant is just tacky in my book.

2. robbie September 23, 2011 at 14:57 #

it is nice from the waist up, waist down it is bad. kind of surprised it is lanvin the feather has a roberto cavalli vibe.

3. LizLemooooon September 23, 2011 at 15:07 #

I don’t think we’ll be seeing Beyonce in typical maternity wear any time soon nor do I see why she has to. There are plenty of stylish flattering outfits out there (e.g. something like this dress but minus the feathers and bling) that can be worn that aren’t cliche maternity wear.
    I’m glad she’s still staying glam.

4. Rebecca Z September 23, 2011 at 16:06 #

This dress is badly proportioned for her, pregnant or not. She looks all boob–certainly emphasized by her pose. Some dresses are not designed for those of us who are endowed.

• mm September 23, 2011 at 16:59 #

AMEN! This type of dress with necklines that dont provide structure or support dont work with large breast. I run from dresses like this.

• maria September 23, 2011 at 18:13 #

i agree. It also loses all the draping effect due to her curves.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) September 23, 2011 at 19:36 #

Well said Rebecca Z.!

• Mrs. A September 24, 2011 at 12:51 #

Beyonce is not endowed. She has rather small boobs but her boobs look bigger now that she is pregnant. I think a belt would have made this look much better but you cant wear a belt if you are prgnant, can you? At least a belt worn higher up her waist would have helped this look. I must be the only one who isnt impressed by Jessica Alba’s style.

• Nat39 September 24, 2011 at 20:45 #

Didn`t like Alba`s maternity style either (with a couple of exceptions), it wasn`t really that good.

5. doc September 23, 2011 at 16:53 #

She said in an interview recently that just because she is pregnant does not mean she cannot be sexy. She also said she would not be relying on the typical empire waist/baby doll dresses and other structural themes that typically dominate maternity wear. I really like this look. Fashion critic, it’s funny that you couldn’t see the bra. She was wearing a very noticeable strapless bra. The outline was showing in some pics. I was anticipating this detail of the look to be highly criticized as people have been especially hard on visible undergarments lately.

• Samantha September 23, 2011 at 20:54 #

Completely agree with you. There’s no need to rely on the typical maternity wear that people seem to fall back on. I think this look, and some of her other pregnancy looks, have been interesting and fun. And I think it’s totally fine to be sexy while pregnant! Why not? What’s different? I can’t believe people think otherwise,

• KateS September 25, 2011 at 04:51 #

x 2. I don’t think women should have to ditch their personal style and revert to tasteful-but-boring Isabella Oliver jersey seperates just because they’re pregnant. Kudos to B for wearing stuff that she likes, pregnant or not.
        That said, I’m not a fan of the feathers, but I applaud her right to wear them.

6. Sabrina September 23, 2011 at 18:19 #

I don’t like this.

7. Alina September 23, 2011 at 18:47 #

I actually think this is a good look for her.

8. Nat39 September 23, 2011 at 19:03 #

HIdeous hair, absolutely wrong choice of a dress for a pregnant woman – looks more like she`s wearing a shabby shapeless hospital gown. Big fail.

9. marina September 23, 2011 at 20:13 #

it could be easily mistaken to one of those hawaiian pareos or sarongs that one ties in the neck. She’s getting larger boobs and it’s not going to be a flattering look.
    Maybe she will try to keep sexy, but she will get bigger and she already had curves, so the looks will easily fall into tackyville. That last no pants look… ugh. she’s so pretty, I hope she can find something that fits and looks good on her, not sexy-classless.

• n'tmarina September 24, 2011 at 00:34 #

i should add I hope she doesn’t end up in Mariah Carey territory, specially when she was pregnant: voluptuous, but in denial about what looks good on her.

10. anemone September 23, 2011 at 23:23 #

tacky and tasteless as always

• hauteness September 25, 2011 at 19:20 #

agree completely! her taste level has always been questionable in my opinion. Its still early in the pregnancy, and if she’s struggling now~ at her smallest~ I simply don’t see her fashion choices getting better. :-/

11. Mrs. A September 24, 2011 at 12:48 #

Jessica Alba’s maternity style is so overrated. Isnt all she does is wear strapless maxi dresses, with her hair up in a bun with clonky shoes and holding drinks from Starbucks with a scowl on her face and walking to her car?

• KateS September 25, 2011 at 04:52 #

Yes! My thoughts exactly.

12. Anna September 24, 2011 at 13:27 #

Someone give her the contact details of isabella oliver! :)