Sonam Kapoor In Elie Saab Couture – Akshay Kumar’s Speedy Singh Bash

Sonam Kapoor attended a dinner hosted by her co-star Akshay Kumar in honour of Camilla Belle who is currently in India to promote her new movie, “Breakaway”.

The Indian beauty wore a beautiful Elie Saab Couture Spring 2012 dress.

Her strapless embroidered dress had a black pencil skirt and a dove grey bodice. A cropped sleeveless jacket with bold shoulders added a chic touch to her look.

Sonam opted for black accessories which included D&G pumps and a signature Bottega Veneta clutch.

This is a beautiful look for Sonam.

It was event-appropriate and, whilst it’s Couture, she didn’t try to upstage the guest of honour.

Credit: Style.com & Pradeep Bandekar

Beyonce Knowles In Roberto Cavalli - "Pulse" Fragrance Launch

Beyonce Knowles In Roberto Cavalli – “Pulse” Fragrance Launch

Charlize Theron In Chloé - HTC Serves Up NYC Product Launch Event

Charlize Theron In Chloé – HTC Serves Up NYC Product Launch Event

32 Responses to Sonam Kapoor In Elie Saab Couture – Akshay Kumar’s Speedy Singh Bash

1. Erini September 22, 2011 at 19:03 #

Lovely, very chic!

2. Zineb September 22, 2011 at 19:08 #

She looks gorgeous really :)
    I so wanted to see that ensemble on the red carpet, thank u Sonam !

3. dee September 22, 2011 at 19:11 #

So cute. This looks so much better on her than the model.

• Fiona September 23, 2011 at 01:17 #

Exactly what I was going to say – perfection and fitted to a t. Love this on her.

4. Lena September 22, 2011 at 20:17 #

FC, you criticize everyone else for wearing black pumps (even when some are great black pumps). But no matter what someone does with Elie Saab, the critique is always positive. Why is that? Its frustrating to see, especially when this is OBVIOUSLY destroyed by her lack of stand out shoes.

• Fashion Critic September 22, 2011 at 23:50 #

Eh?????

I don’t criticize EVERYONE wearing black pumps. Majority yes, but not everyone.

If a girl is wearing a yellow dress with black pumps, she gets criticized YES.

I really don’t have the energy to explain past that I’m sorry.

• Moxie September 23, 2011 at 22:15 #

I think it depends on the outfit. Black pumps work with this dress, IMO. With other outfits, black pumps (and nude) look like the actress/stylist wasn’t even trying and just grabbed a pair of old standby shoes out of the closet.

5. fadel September 22, 2011 at 20:56 #

well , the dress is so nice but she is not selling it
    i feel like i need to add some some red color to this look and i hate that she is wearing black pumps.

• anu September 23, 2011 at 00:08 #

lol red really???!!!

6. ahot September 22, 2011 at 21:11 #

Girlfriend is really standing out among India´s beauties, i say. I think she has a keen sense of style & nails it most of the time. I would have loved her in some more interesting black heels though. Other than that she did a great job. I would love to see what the star of the soiree was wearing.

7. mira September 22, 2011 at 21:56 #

nice hair, dress, body, and makeup but shame about the shoes.

8. Hisadora September 22, 2011 at 23:08 #

I think she looks gorgeous… even though she’s wearing black pumps this look is simply amazing.

• Fashion Critic September 22, 2011 at 23:44 #

Yes they work in this case

• XX September 23, 2011 at 02:39 #

Such boring shoes!!!!!

9. Tahj September 22, 2011 at 23:16 #

Pure elegance. Elie Saab is one of the best designer around always going for pure glamour instead of tackiness.

10. Hannah September 23, 2011 at 00:02 #

I really like this look. I never anted to see this on a red carpet because of how horribly th etop sat on the model, but thankgod it doesn’t do that on Sonam, she looks gorgeous. However, I really dislike her makeup artist, she seems so beautiful but her makeup is always too heavy, particularly around the eyes. also, her pumps, though they aren’t hideously inapporpriate, are as dull as anything. I really adore when she is featured o the red carpet, because even though she ears mostly black and white, she never chooses borig clothes, her JPG being one of the my favourites of this year so far, so hopefully we will see more of her soon! Thanks for featuring her FC :)

11. Nat39 September 23, 2011 at 00:28 #

Perfect from head to toe (including the simple pumps) in the appropriate “not trying to upstage” category.

12. Sharon September 23, 2011 at 01:52 #

I think she looks just gorgeous. The black pumps are a little plain, but they’re fine. She looks so much better than the runway model.

13. DivaDebbi (Beauty & Fashion Blog) September 23, 2011 at 03:48 #

I love this look. I might have prefered this a hair shorter.

14. Ariel September 23, 2011 at 06:33 #

Beautiful look! I also agree that she wears a lot of dull colors but the clothes are exquisite. Never boring! However, she did wear a big spalsh of pink and polka dots in a Prabal Gurung Resort 2012 gown at her movie’s (Mausam) premiere. Would love to hear your thoughts FC!

• Fashion Critic September 23, 2011 at 07:19 #

I haven’t seen it

15. Makeup guru September 23, 2011 at 08:56 #

I love this look on Sonam , absolutely love her makeup . She s glowing . Have u ever seen Sonam without makeup , she has terrible dark circles and kudos to her makeup artist for managing to cover them without making it look overdone .

16. Emi September 23, 2011 at 09:57 #

Very elegant and chic and event appropriate. I think that black pumps were a good choice. Considering the fabrics of the clothes another type of shoes would have been too much.

17. Jones19 September 23, 2011 at 11:27 #

The fit is very good, she looks amazing. The black pumps work with this look but the sandals on the model are just so much better, it put’s her pumps to shame to see them next to each other.

18. Cheryl September 23, 2011 at 11:39 #

She looks lovely. I mean a better pair of shoes will be idealistic but black pumps it no really blah this time round. It’s not impressive but it’s not horrible too.

19. Mol September 23, 2011 at 11:57 #

I think this outfit is quite perfect – very chic

• Alina September 23, 2011 at 18:57 #

20. Katie September 23, 2011 at 12:22 #

Wow it is so much nicer on Sonam than on the model

21. PB September 23, 2011 at 15:53 #

Perfection! The black pumps are exactly what the outfit needed so as not to push it over the top. Also, Sonam hardly ever wears heels (she’s 5′ 9 1/2″) so she definitely wouldn’t wear a strappy sky-high heel no matter what the ensemble.
    Doesn’t matter, because she looks fabulous here – hair, makeup, everything!

22. ivy September 24, 2011 at 01:35 #

FC, could you feature Camilla Belle at this event???!! I love her rc looks !!!!

Sonam looks great !!!!

• Fashion Critic September 24, 2011 at 10:45 #

I don’t have a picture of Camilla

23. zina December 12, 2011 at 12:10 #

A nice look. But I really want her to step out of her white/black/grey with red/magenta lips zone.